Greeneville Coach Bill Duncan resigns

B-Ball Fan

I don't think Billy D was all that thrilled about playing AA ball in the first place and don't think he's been happy at Greeneville for a couple of years now. I have heard he's been looking for a while now and wouldn't be surprised if an announcement is forthcoming.

That's what I assumed too, Barb. His accepting another AA job(at Scott County) surprises me.

Yeah seems like a lateral move to me....must be another factor

It can't be money. Scott County can't possibly pay what Greeneville City schools pay.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I assumed too, Barb. His accepting another AA job(at Scott County) surprises me.

Yeah seems like a lateral move to me....must be another factor

It can't be money. Scott County can't possibly pay what Greeneville City schools pay.

Indeed, GCS is a good job in terms of pay and in the quality of the program.

Who will take over now? Any front runners been spotted?

Went to the TEA website for average salaries and no comparisons. Teaching salaries GCS 17/135, Scott County 122/135

Director of Schools GSC 15/135 ($131,500) and Scott County 121/135 ($75,000)

I also don't read or hear much about Scott County BB

I don't think this is a lateral move. It is called a job till you can find that jewel people always look for.

Good Luck to coach and I know he will do a great job while he is there.

Went to the TEA website for average salaries and no comparisons. Teaching salaries GCS 17/135, Scott County 122/135

I don't think this is a lateral move. It is called a job till you can find that jewel people always look for.

This is their 3rd boys coach since the 2006-07 season. It seems like every other year they are looking for a girls coach. I would assume small town politics play a part in the turnover. I'm not sure how long Bill Hall coached at Scott County before taking over as principal.

Not knowing much about Scott county BB, I went to CoachT records. The last 8 seasons SCo. was 98 wins and 117 losses. 44% W and 56% L.

2 W and 10 L in district games and 0 W and 2 L in Regions. They usually scheduled down in HOF games as they were 8-2 and overall schedule at best was moderate.

I predict Bill will win while he is there and look to move on at the same time.

This is their 3rd boys coach since the 2006-07 season. It seems like every other year they are looking for a girls coach. I would assume small town politics play a part in the turnover. I'm not sure how long Bill Hall coached at Scott County before taking over as principal.

Billy D ain't much for politics, but if folks will leave him alone and let him coach, he'll win.