SC vs Hendersonville

soccerdude45

Even tho hendersonville soccer and baseball have games at home against station camp at 7pm... i expect the Commando faithful to come out in droves as usual for big games. Big crowd and a hostile atmosphere should give the commandos some juice to get the job done :thumb:

SC 2 - HHS 2

Hendersonville controlled the tempo of the game and dominated possession but just had trouble burying the ball. Station Camp came out and played a tough 80 mins though. Im not too sure Station Camp should of go a PK for that play there at the end but its the refs call. Great game never the less. Best of luck to both teams.

SC 2 - HHS 2

Hendersonville controlled the tempo of the game and dominated possession but just had trouble burying the ball. Station Camp came out and played a tough 80 mins though. Im not too sure Station Camp should of go a PK for that play there at the end but its the refs call. Great game never the less. Best of luck to both teams.

Ptown, agree with your assessment of the game, midfield dominance by Hville created numbers all night, but SC did hang in there and was able to take advantage of a couple of mistakes. Regarding PK, if you remember SC scored on the play leading to PK, I was told by a player referee signalled goal, conferred with lineman and took it off the board, then awarded PK, bizarre play. Good news,I understand goalie for Hville is OK after collision.

Another positive about a hotly contested match, I know we were both commenting on sportsmanship last week. For the most highly attended game I've been to this year, I thought crowd was exemplary in their behaviour especially for a rivalry game. I also thought the players conduct was great too, very cleanly played game. Don't have numbers but seems there weren't many more than a half dozen fouls all night.

Great game! Station Camp did just enough to probably be the regular season champs in the district. The only conclusion that would have allowed that for them was a win or a tie if they don't stumble going forward. Hendersonville has to be asking themselves with all the possession and control of the game what do they have to do to finish balls and to capitalize on set plays. They have to get the strikers and wings in more of an attacking mindset. The wings seem to be doing a great job of getting serves into playable situations but the strength of the finishes is too much around the goal and not in the goal.