Heritage Mountaineers

HHS2009

Well, I had the pleasure of watching the first day of spring practice yesterday. Saw a lot of the returning kids and was pleased to see several new kids. The one that most stood out was a mountain of a kid, about 6'4" 320. Not sure where he came from but I sure am glad he's at Heritage. For the first practice it was very spirited and I heard a lot of pads popping. Was also glad to see a return player that played his freshman year but set out last year. He will make a instant impact. One other thing I noticed is that several of the kids have bulked up over the winter, and look much stronger. :blush:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Heritage to be much stronger and physical with Brandon Waters running the weight room. Heritage will struggle this year replacing Cermack and Shell. Not sure of a win total but I will predict 5 wins as I have with WB. Heritage and WB will be a war this year. Good luck to the Mountain Ears. Sorry...couldn't resist.

Glad to see someone else posting good things about Heritage. I have also watched practice this week and I am very pleased with the tempo and spirit from the kids & coaches. Everything seems to be running very well. Can't wait til Friday for the Red & White game to see how things have progressed. :roflol:

GO MOUNTAINEERS.........

The Red & White game was last Friday. They have a scrimmage at Hardin Valley on Thursday 5/13 (tomorrow). Come on out and support them. The red and white game was pretty good, saw a lot of goods things but also several areas to make improvements. But to there defense they had only practiced 3 days before they played. Next Thursday they will go to Rhea County for there final scrimmage. I have been very impressed with our O Line so far. Have good size and much stronger than last season. The defense has made good strides. Skill people look good also. Cant wait to see how they put it together for the scrimmage tomorrow. :lol:

The scrimmage showed some areas of improvement for both teams. The Heritage defense does need some work. The offense looked pretty good except for a few dropped balls. The Heritage O line looks much improved from last year. I have no doubt that the coaches will have the defense ready come August 20th. GO MOUNTAINEERS.... :ph34r:

Hardin Valley has a very good young running back and a good Tight End. There O line is small but moves very well. A little weak at DB's and D Line. They should win more games this season. Good Luck HV and thanks for a good, clean scrimmage.

Does anyone that saw the scrimmage between Heritage and HVA know what the score was? Many people report scores such as 2-2 when telling how many touchdowns were scored. I was just wanting to get a guage on how Heritage did against HVA, and compare how Heritage does against Rhea Co. on Thursday.