Oak Ridge Combine

Namowicz

First of all I am not a Devrin Young hater...

Gotta love the idiots on this board!

I am glad that he won the event but he was not deserving of both MVP awards saturday!

I hope he has a great season and gets highly recruited.

You are truly what is wrong with the world today...no one can have a different opinion or could hurt someones feelings...get real!

You can have your opinion..But, your delviery of it, is what is wrong with world.

You could have said who you thought should have gotten the MVP award and why. But, you just said Devrin did not rightly deserve it.

So, I ask you why he didn't and who did? Make a statment that is open for debate. Not a statement that sounds of jealousy.

Well I think that DMAN from Fulton was moe deserving of the running back MVP...he was poractically unguardable at the combine in 1 on 1s and 7 on 7 work! He go several oohs and aahs from the other players!!!

To be honest I thought maybe the best performer there may have been the DB from Mt. Juliet Josh Shelton...and the OLB from AE was really long and impressive!!! Josh Sawyer was the AE kids name!

And the overall Offensive MVP should have bee the WR from AE also really good routes and very good athlete!!! Also another TB from somewhere and could not tell what the jersey was he had on...it looked like Mo WEst or something like that but I could not tell and did not get his name!!!

There you go sir. Since, I was not there and cannot disagree with you at all. I do respect others opinions.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok and your point about that being faster than most of NFL players...well do you remember Holiday from LSU...track guy and football player...it is possible for someone to be that fast!!!

Maybe he is.........maybe he isn't.

It's a fact that 4.34 is faster than all but 1 at the NFL Combines this year.

Jacoby Ford, Receiver/Clemson ran a 4.28. The other top 10 receivers were 4.41-4.49.

RB's top 10's were 4.35-4.58.

DB's top 10's were 4.45-4.48.

All I'm saying is that's a "hard to believe" time for a High School player. dry.gif

I know for a fact Devin is fast, really fast. I have seen his 40 times anywhere in the high 4.3's to the high 4.4's. 4.34 is definatly in his ability to run, but human error could be a factor.

Ok folks. I am a track runner, so I know a little about timing running events. You guys are throwing around 4.4s like they are candy on Halloween. Here is the deal. A 4.4 40 yard dash should translate into a 10.4 to 10.5 100 meters. Seeing as the fastest time in Tennessee this year is a 10.52 and not run by anyone this side of Memphis, I seriously doubt the accuracy of these times. Devrin Young has run a 10.8 100 meters which is really good for around here. As some poster stated before, these times would put these kids in the top 10% at the NFL combine. The more these numbers get thrown around, the less credible this combine sounds. These kids may be fast, I am not doubting that fact. But a legitimate 4.55 kid is fast in East Tennessee. Lets be real.

I agree totally. 4.3 and 4.4's dont happen everyday. those are NFL numbers, guys who have been working out and training for years. 4.3 is faster than reggie bush ran at his combine, not bying that. I'm sure all these kids were great athletes, I know they kid from bearden is, but thats just not possible. A 4.3, COME ON MAN!

Well you guys tell me how the times are not accurate? It was electrically timed...there were not stop watches! There are some fast kids in Knoxville and there were only about 6-7 guys out of 120 that ran under a 4.55...so how is that hard to believe...and you havent seen DYoung run you have no idea what you are talking about! He is fast and I know the WR from Central ran in the big track meet this year @ Tom Black track and finished 5th overall....and think Devrin finished 3rd I could be wrong...but translating 40 times into 100 times is crazy...Guys that are trained to rrun the 100 get faster the last 50 meters and guys that are explosive like football players tend to run better 40 times! I dont know how you all can say that DYoung could not have done that when he has done this at more than 1 combine and consistently runs under a 4.4 and I guess that would be why he has several offers from big time schools...ala UT, UCLA, and others...but you all know more than these college guys!

Catcall,

I was at the Vol Track Classic (that big track meet at Tom Black as you call it) and watched the 100m prelims and finals. It was won by the kid from CAK in 10.68 which makes my point. I have seen Devrin run several times and agree he can fly. BUT HIS BEST TIME IS A 10.8. I do not recall the kid from Central, but if he came in 5th, his time was around 11.0. You can go to tennesseerunner.com and pull up the times from the Vol Track Classic if you wish!

Why is it so hard to believe that a high school kid runs a 4.34 40 yd dash at a knoxville combine that is only 5'6" tall and about 175 lbs...and I dont care what he runs in the 100...that is an additional 60 meters and not the short 40 yds...the 40 sets up better for shorter explosive guys to have really good times!

And if he was from South Florida you all would say that it was legit but since it is a knoxville kid he is not that fast...I didnt make the time and did not keep the times I just heard them...next level fitness did the events!

Why is it so hard to believe that a high school kid runs a 4.34 40 yd dash at a knoxville combine that is only 5'6" tall and about 175 lbs...and I dont care what he runs in the 100...that is an additional 60 meters and not the short 40 yds...the 40 sets up better for shorter explosive guys to have really good times!

And if he was from South Florida you all would say that it was legit but since it is a knoxville kid he is not that fast...I didnt make the time and did not keep the times I just heard them...next level fitness did the events!

OK Cat, you and I got off on the wrong foot. To me it looks like you do your homework before you post your opinions and remarks here. For that, I have alot of respect for you. Word of advice. Just ignore some or most posters here. They are either goons that like to make thierself feel smart, or fans/parents that are jealous of another players success..

I have know Devrin since he was about 5 yrs old and Coached him for many yrs in the Rec. Leagues. I wish, I had a nickle for everytime I have defended him on these boards or in person. All I have, ever heard is he is not that good, or he is too small. That is why, I made the comment to you earlier, I did. I apologize for that.

Take what others post with a grain of salt. You were there, they weren't. Good Luck.

Bottomline is...Every tool that post's here would love for him to play for thier team.

Here is something too that should ruffle the feathers of all who don't beleive Devrin ran a 4.34 forty. Friday night before the combine. He was at UT hospital staying the night with a friend, who had a tragic accident. I was there all night also. He went to sleep at 4 am got up at 7 and left to get ready for the combine. The 3 hours sleep he did have was sitting upright in a chair. So, IMO he would have ran a 4.3 flat with a good nights rest.