D.O.D - FHS vs BHS

DVD1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut 2-1. Final.

Farragut scored twice back to back almost halfway through the second half. Had a lot of good looks, some good saves by the bearden keeper. Bearden had a few shots and one went off the post into the keepers back into the goal with a min to go. One of the cleaner Farragut/Bearden games i have seen recently. Next up. Oak Ridge @ Farragut, Bearden @ HV

Great game for both teams. Clean for the most part, and opportunities for both the entire match. Bearden had a field player in goal because the keeper got injured in warmups. Also had Patrick Harmony leave with a concussion during halftime. NOT a blowout, and lots of hard work from everyone. Great showing from the Bulldogs! :roll:

Bearden at Hardin Valley is the game of the year! It will be interesting to see both these coaches and players go after it. Its a shame both these teams wont be going to state, BOTH are deserving.

Farragut will host Oak Ridge. Expect a tough, physical game. This is always a tough game for both teams.

6 more games and we will have a State Champion!!! Wonder who it will be ?

Farragut won 2-1 but Bearden was very handicapped. One of the varsity keepers, J. White, is injured from warm ups in the last Farragut game and during warm ups today the starting keeper, W. Noggle, got hit in the eye extremely hard and had to go to the hospital. The JV keeper also had an ankle injury, so S. Yoder, a forward, played keeper. Also, towards the end of the first half All State Midfielder Patrick Harmony was injured and out for the rest of the game. One of the senior starting forwards also was unavailible for the game due to a college related trip. So with a fourth string keeper and without two of our star players (not including Yoder, who is also a prolific scoring forward), the dawgs held them to 2-1. What will happen with our full regular roster.

did they have a full roster in the first game? at least farragut knows that they are beatable.

No the starting keeper dislocated his shoulder during warmups, and in the second half one of the star defenders fractured his foot.

I would worry about Hardin valley before thinking about another game with Farragut. Hardin Valley is for real.

I feel Bearden can still win this one. Seems HVA is on a roll, but they seem very inconsistent. A loss to Karns... followed by victories over West and being the biggest challenge Farragut had the whole year (aside from the Palmetto Cup matches)...which was followed by a loss to Lenior City. Then a very solid postseason play, but victories over Knox Central, Karns, and Oak Ridge aren't very "real" achievements. The loss to Farragut is really the biggest chip, but the loss against Lenior City slowed the roll they were on. I know alot of HVA fans say ".....we've outscored opponents in postseason play 18-2..." but like I said Central, Karns, and Oak Ridge isn't much to brag about.

Good luck to both teams, and no offense intended to Central, Karns, and Oak Ridge.