DC vs NS plus 3 umpires

NewellHartbaseball

Preston Ozment is nothing like you are trying to portray him!

So your saying he doesn't play his favorites. I to know of a couple of talented boys riding the bench that are just as good. And who is the bus driver anyways?

I do not think he plays his favorites...no. However; I will say that any coach will make a line up based on what he's seen during practice and last few games. If a kid isn't hitting at all, I'm sorry, but they usually sit. You put kids in the line up and give them a chance and sometimes they come through for you and sometimes they don't. Do we have kids riding the bench that are good....ABSOLUTELY! But that is going to happen when you have a lot of talent in one program. You can't justify pulling a kid if they are doing well. Do I agree with EVERYTHING a coach does....NO; but I'm not the coach and usually there are reasons behind their decisions that no one else knows about and never will.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm you hit the nail on the head!!!!

I know 2 kids that I had coached as youngsters for years that sit the bench for DC that are much better

ball players than half the starters right now. apparently their mommys or daddys dont do the coach

favors like drive the bus or get him cardinals tickets. Its all who you are or what you can do for P.O..

Oh my goodness....who got him Cardinal tickets? I want some! and the kid's dad who drives the bus was a starter WAY before his dad even got a license to drive a bus! In addition that kid has made all district 3 years in a row, got district MVP, and contributes quite a bit to the team so I don't think he's being played JUST because his daddy drives the bus.... :popcorneater: JUST SAYIN

Dear Justafan1234,

I have come to the conclusion you are just as someone stated in a previous post.... A TROLL! In addition, you are quite the joke! You, justafan1234, should reveille your true identity so we all are aware and stir clear of such a sinister person. It would be most obvious that you are one jealous person of DCHS, our baseball program and our coach. I'm so sorry you could not be a part of our great organization and our "ORANGE" family; but perhaps one day you overcome all of this hostility and be at peace with yourself. Have a nice day! :popcorneater:

Call me a troll as you put it but this troll is telling the truth and knows alot more than you think I do and your coach might not be your coach next year . From Tssaa so keep on saying what you want. I think every words is true about Preston is a great coach but he also is about Preston .

I have umpired for 20 years. I have worked with a lot of good veteran umpires and worked with young inexperienced ones also. I do not think the umpire cheated, however that call should have never been made. There is not a single veteran umpire that I have worked with that would have made that call in that situation. Maybe one of the young inexperienced guys would have. If my partner would have made that call in a game I am working I would definately let him know that we do not need to be making that call. Thats a call that is never called. It is late in the game and you probably do not even have a box. I think the ump was inexperienced and for some reason was looking for something silly to call. That was totally a shame. If your the umpire that made that call and you are reading this, please learn from your mistakes and talk to veteran umpires. Learn the game and please don't look for something like that to call. Man, that was a game winning hit for the district championship.

I have umpired for 20 years. I have worked with a lot of good veteran umpires and worked with young inexperienced ones also. I do not think the umpire cheated, however that call should have never been made. There is not a single veteran umpire that I have worked with that would have made that call in that situation. Maybe one of the young inexperienced guys would have. If my partner would have made that call in a game I am working I would definately let him know that we do not need to be making that call. Thats a call that is never called. It is late in the game and you probably do not even have a box. I think the ump was inexperienced and for some reason was looking for something silly to call. That was totally a shame. If your the umpire that made that call and you are reading this, please learn from your mistakes and talk to veteran umpires. Learn the game and please don't look for something like that to call. Man, that was a game winning hit for the district championship.

Well if you don't make the call you not doing your job because you get paid to get the calls right and if he was out the box no matter what part of the game rules are rules. Simple. Umpires don't have the balls to make right calls because they are ready to get a check and go clearly in this case he knows the terms of rules

Well if you don't make the call you not doing your job because you get paid to get the calls right and if he was out the box no matter what part of the game rules are rules. Simple. Umpires don't have the balls to make right calls because they are ready to get a check and go clearly in this case he knows the terms of rules

SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Wasnt talking to you so you shut up buddy

SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!