District 13AA Preview

cmeister

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE DYERSBURG TROJANS WILL TAKE THIS DISTRICT THIS YEAR

Anything in particular that makes you think that USC? I mean I hope that you are correct in your assessment but I don't see it. They were supposed to challenge for it last year with that class they had but barely made the playoffs. Now this year's senior class is less talented, or so I've heard and they're supposed to do better? It will be hard. Good luck Trojans! I think we'll need it! :thumb:

I think Westview will be in the hunt. They have a big group of seniors coming back. Their quarterback is a 3 year starter for them. I dont think you can talk about the area without including Westview. This may be the the year that Milan is down and Westview wins over them. That should be an away game for the Bulldogs. You have to look at each team and see if it's a building year, and I think Milan is in a building year. Not that they wont be strong - they may be, but I think compared to others who are not in building years, they may not be powerhouse strong. I think Westview is being overlooked in the top 3.

I think also Martin will be in the hunt for the District championship! They have a bunch of returning starters and should be pretty solid! The District will get very interesting this season. Milan and Dyersburg will win their share no doubt but don't count out a well coached Martin team! :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Who is everyone scrimmaging this summer ??

I saw where Milan was going up against Henry County and Mayfield.....

'zachthomas' posted back in May that Obion Central was going to scrimmage Henry County and Dyer County...OC will play in the Covington Jamboree....The OC website has them going against Covington although I find that hard to believe seeing as how they play each other and are district rivals....

Who is everyone scrimmaging this summer ??

I saw where Milan was going up against Henry County and Mayfield.....

'zachthomas' posted back in May that Obion Central was going to scrimmage Henry County and Dyer County...OC will play in the Covington Jamboree....The OC website has them going against Covington although I find that hard to believe seeing as how they play each other and are district rivals....

I believe Gibson Co. is going to scrimmage Greenfield once again this year and then I believe they're scrimmaging a private school outside of Memphis. I forget which school it was, but it caught me offguard when I heard we were scrimmaging that far away.

Also, the Jackson area jamboree is held at Gibson Co. this year. Last year had some good teams along with some great talent. Jabriel Washington (Trinity Christian, Alabama verbal)and Jake Overbey (USJ, one of the best passers in the state of TN) are 2 right off the top of my head that I recall. Should be a GREAT jambo. Football season isn't far away!

Edited by GCPioneer

I believe Gibson Co. is going to scrimmage Greenfield once again this year and then I believe they're scrimmaging a private school outside of Memphis. I forget which school it was, but it caught me offguard when I heard we were scrimmaging that far away.

Also, the Jackson area jamboree is held at Gibson Co. this year. Last year had some good teams along with some great talent. Jabriel Washington (Trinity Christian, Alabama verbal)and Jake Overbey (USJ, one of the best passers in the state of TN) are 2 right off the top of my head that I recall. Should be a GREAT jambo. Football season isn't far away!

They were needing another team to play in the jamboree? Has all the spots been filled and do u know who all will play in it?

Obion Central will scrimmage Henry County at 6 pm in Troy on Aug 5th....The Rebels will then participate in the Covington Jamboree on Aug 13th...They will face Tipton-Rosemark Acd...

www.occhsrebels.com

Gibson Co. is going down to Tipton-Rosemark this coming Friday for a scrimmage. Not sure if I'm going all the way down there for that. We scrimmage West Carrol Thursday. Should be interesting and I hope our guys aren't too beat up by Friday after the Tipton-Rosemark scrimmage considering they're doing two-a-days all week and then scrimmages on back to back days.

Gibson Co. is going down to Tipton-Rosemark this coming Friday for a scrimmage. Not sure if I'm going all the way down there for that. We scrimmage West Carrol Thursday. Should be interesting and I hope our guys aren't too beat up by Friday after the Tipton-Rosemark scrimmage considering they're doing two-a-days all week and then scrimmages on back to back days.

Don't think of it as a scrimmage... think of it as just having two squads to work with during two-a-days like at football camp.