Signal Mountain spring practice/scrimmages

smeagle1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still stand by my prediction. 8 transfers or no transfers, i still think Signal lose two games. I think Sequatchie will beat them at Signal. I think Sequatchies off and Def line will make an impact like last year and get the win for the Inidans. I also think Signal looses to South Pitt. SP is still a well coached football with ton of athletes and can match up well with signal. Plus SP has them at home. I dont know how far they will go in 2A playoffs, but best of luck.

Edited by DefMinded

Sorry oldtiger83 I think you are wrong. Think about what would happen if the TSSAA tried to force a kid to stay at a school the federal government classifies as failing…… I’m sure the ticket prices would go through the roof so they could cover the loss from the lawsuit.

You're mixing two issues together. Yes they can switch from "failing" schools, and I think that term is being misused now but that's another topic entirely. No, they shouldn't be immediately eligible without a true change of residence, not a temporary rental and the like, or things would turn into a circus. They already have to an extent, a year or two ago there were something like 75 football transfers in the tri-state, the Free Press reported. That's not even including those entering 9th graders who didn't go from a feeder to the usual destination high school.

As for depth, a few days ago the Free Press reported the SM coach saying he couldn't even decide on a line-up, they had some much talent, what happened?

Edited by Indian

Sorry oldtiger83 I think you are wrong. Think about what would happen if the TSSAA tried to force a kid to stay at a school the federal government classifies as failing…… I’m sure the ticket prices would go through the roof so they could cover the loss from the lawsuit.

you cannot transfer to play Sports

You're mixing two issues together. Yes they can switch from "failing" schools, and I think that term is being misused now but that's another topic entirely. No, they shouldn't be immediately eligible without a true change of residence, not a temporary rental and the like, or things would turn into a circus. They already have to an extent, a year or two ago there were something like 75 football transfers in the tri-state, the Free Press reported. That's not even including those entering 9th graders who didn't go from a feeder to the usual destination high school.

As for depth, a few days ago the Free Press reported the SM coach saying he couldn't even decide on a line-up, they had some much talent, what happened?

Not that it really matters but last year Signal Mountain High didn’t have any failing school paired with it. This year we do. Therefore any student at a failing school that was just paired with SM would now be considered re-zoned or reassigned which means they can switch and be eligible. And they don’t have to move.

Here is the direct quote out of the TSSAA handbook.

“The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or reassignment of students by the local school system;â€

As I said before the TSSAA wouldn’t dare try to make a kid stay at a failing school by taking away eligibility. If they did they would be bankrupt from the lawsuits.

Fortunately most communities don’t have to worry about failing schools, unfortunately Hamilton County isn’t one of those communities and neither are Davidson, Knox or Shelby counties.

Also we do have depth but if we have starters hurt and we are already into using the depth why would we take a chance. Depth doesn’t mean 3 deep at a position it means you have a few extra players that can fill in at various positions incase of injuries.

Not that it really matters but last year Signal Mountain High didn’t have any failing school paired with it. This year we do. Therefore any student at a failing school that was just paired with SM would now be considered re-zoned or reassigned which means they can switch and be eligible. And they don’t have to move.

Here is the direct quote out of the TSSAA handbook.

“The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or reassignment of students by the local school system;â€

As I said before the TSSAA wouldn’t dare try to make a kid stay at a failing school by taking away eligibility. If they did they would be bankrupt from the lawsuits.

Fortunately most communities don’t have to worry about failing schools, unfortunately Hamilton County isn’t one of those communities and neither are Davidson, Knox or Shelby counties.

Also we do have depth but if we have starters hurt and we are already into using the depth why would we take a chance. Depth doesn’t mean 3 deep at a position it means you have a few extra players that can fill in at various positions incase of injuries.

Sounds like there is alot of talking in circles going on here. Hopefully all the info that I passed along to TSSAA stuck up some interest in all the transfers. They sure were interested in the info I gave them and yes I can provide names and did.

Sounds like there is alot of talking in circles going on here. Hopefully all the info that I passed along to TSSAA stuck up some interest in all the transfers. They sure were interested in the info I gave them and yes I can provide names and did.

Welcome back pridemom. Thanks for calling the TSSAA…. Not like they don’t get plenty of calls about us and any other successful program. And hey we were really trying to hide the fact we have some transfer kids, I can’t believe you caught us…lol… I’m sure any inquiry will be welcome. As far as I know all the transfers eligibility has been reviewed and approved by the TSSAA.

Hope to see you up on the mountain cheering on some of these kids you are so desperately trying to get in trouble:-)

Is recruiting illegal? YES. Is SM the only school that does it? NO. Will TSSAA do something about it? PROBABLY NOT.Do I care? NO. Why don't I care? Because me nor anyone on this board can do anything about it. You can report things all you want, and until TSSAA makes an example out of someone, this will continue. But we know this will never happen, that's why they are so many loop holes in the transfer rules.

Is recruiting illegal? YES. Is SM the only school that does it? NO. Will TSSAA do something about it? PROBABLY NOT.Do I care? NO. Why don't I care? Because me nor anyone on this board can do anything about it. You can report things all you want, and until TSSAA makes an example out of someone, this will continue. But we know this will never happen, that's why they are so many loop holes in the transfer rules.

I’m not sure pridemom said we were recruiting she just said some of our players were not enrolled legally. But I could be wrong since I didn’t go back over here 10 post, there could be one accusing us of recruiting since all 10 have been against SM.

SM really doesn’t have to recruit. As our coach said we have a great new school and the bonus is the football team has been successful so far. Now we do have to make sure new players are cleared to play by Hamilton County and the TSSAA.

Rezoning or reassignment doesn't seem to be the same as voluntarily switching to a "better" school. Signal Mountain opening, Red Bank students living on the mountain starting to attend, that's a rezoning/reassignment. Howard (just an example) failing and a student going to an Ooltewah (again, an example, I don't know the matches), that has nothing to do with a zone.

If students are eligible after such switches they may as well just completely disregard any eligibility rules.

Rezoning or reassignment doesn't seem to be the same as voluntarily switching to a "better" school. Signal Mountain opening, Red Bank students living on the mountain starting to attend, that's a rezoning/reassignment. Howard (just an example) failing and a student going to an Ooltewah (again, an example, I don't know the matches), that has nothing to do with a zone.

If students are eligible after such switches they may as well just completely disregard any eligibility rules.

Paired with a school doesn't mean you were rezoned. It means you have the OPTION to attend that school, not that you have to attend that school.