Who's next? Macon Co. Head Football Coach

I just gotta say I havent been on here in a couple of years but this guy has got my attention.....I hope he can turn it around for macon....I knew macon would have to dig deep in the pocket to get a good coach and didnt think that would happen, but I guess I was wrong. Macon has the best fan base around when they dont stink and are competitive so this will be a fun year...Go Tigers!!! :wacko:

Friday nights will be very special in Macon Co

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gotta say I havent been on here in a couple of years but this guy has got my attention.....I hope he can turn it around for macon....I knew macon would have to dig deep in the pocket to get a good coach and didnt think that would happen, but I guess I was wrong. Macon has the best fan base around when they dont stink and are competitive so this will be a fun year...Go Tigers!!! :D

very true, as far as team support goes, macon is top notch. the stands are always packed with folks in blue from head to toe. enthusiasm for the progam has never been questioned in my mind. :lol:

I just gotta say I havent been on here in a couple of years but this guy has got my attention.....I hope he can turn it around for macon....I knew macon would have to dig deep in the pocket to get a good coach and didnt think that would happen, but I guess I was wrong. Macon has the best fan base around when they dont stink and are competitive so this will be a fun year...Go Tigers!!! :D

Friday nights will be very special in Macon Co

Even more special if ya'll are playing in November and December. :lol:

Now that all that coaching junk is settled; :wub: TC gonna whip some tiger-tail all up and down that creekbank come August 20. :D

The past 2 years.I knew t.c was gonna win.Im not so sure t.c. can beat macon this year,like i said last year and the year before,the game was over before it got started.This year should be very interesting.If macon players want to play and want it bad enough I don't think t.c. can beat macon,but these players don't want it bad enough im affarid,so it will probally just be a close game with t.c. winning again. Unless people like you keep talking smack and get them fired up,please keep it coming,people talking smack is macon players best friend.These boys don,t get fired up untill the game is done over,please,please help us out all you can.I'll promise ya one thing this team is 3 times as good as last year's team and t.c is not near as good as the have been,but somehow i will give ya credit,t.c always finds a way to win.I'll see ya on the creek bank,great place to start the high school football season.

Now that all that coaching junk is settled; :wub: TC gonna whip some tiger-tail all up and down that creekbank come August 20. :wub:

The past 2 years.I knew t.c was gonna win.Im not so sure t.c. can beat macon this year,like i said last year and the year before,the game was over before it got started.This year should be very interesting.If macon players want to play and want it bad enough I don't think t.c. can beat macon,but these players don't want it bad enough im affarid,so it will probally just be a close game with t.c. winning again. Unless people like you keep talking smack and get them fired up,please keep it coming,people talking smack is macon players best friend.These boys don,t get fired up untill the game is done over,please,please help us out all you can.I'll promise ya one thing this team is 3 times as good as last year's team and t.c is not near as good as the have been,but somehow i will give ya credit,t.c always finds a way to win.I'll see ya on the creek bank,great place to start the high school football season.

Agreed. Friday nights on the creekbank are pretty special for us river rats. I can't wait for this game. It should be a great gauge as to what the season holds for both teams. I think Trousdale will be tested on several occasions this regular season. Maybe even tested by MC. If TC rises to the occasion it should be a good year. Also, a big congrats on the new coach. :D As I've noted in a previous post I think MC makes the playoffs this year. Good luck!!!

:) And lastly, these boards are very boring if you don't talk a little smack. :D If it takes a Coach T thread to fire up yalls players then they may be some issues. The sight of TC vs MC on the schedule is enough to get our little 30 man squad fired up.

Now that all that coaching junk is settled; :wub: TC gonna whip some tiger-tail all up and down that creekbank come August 20. :wub:

Agreed. Friday nights on the creekbank are pretty special for us river rats. I can't wait for this game. It should be a great gauge as to what the season holds for both teams. I think Trousdale will be tested on several occasions this regular season. Maybe even tested by MC. If TC rises to the occasion it should be a good year. Also, a big congrats on the new coach. :D As I've noted in a previous post I think MC makes the playoffs this year. Good luck!!!

:) And lastly, these boards are very boring if you don't talk a little smack. :D If it takes a Coach T thread to fire up yalls players then they may be some issues. The sight of TC vs MC on the schedule is enough to get our little 30 man squad fired up.

nothing wrong with a little smack,but trust me some of these big lazy players for macon need a little help.The way i see it any fan of tc with 9 state titles can talk smack all they want.and trust me it will take all the firing up the tigers can get.they have got alot of talent,but playing hard is yet to be seen,a little was shown this spring,but not enough to beat t.c.If they do play thier best ball come august,it's gonna be a nail bitter,but like i said i don't look for this bunch to step up much,unless something sparks them. good luck to both teams and i'll see ya there.

I heard that Macon is going to the wing-t, which has to be better than throwing every play. Will that be hard for the boys to learn in one year? Im just curious on peoples thoughts on that... :thumb:

the wing t is easy to learn, but hard to perfect. the blocking scheme is relativly simple. one of the reasons we (tc) ran it so well in the 90's was do to the fact that we began learning it in jr. high. we'd start with roughly 4 to 5 plays and by the time we got to highschool they were as natural as walking.

what macons success with a wing t offense will hinge on is the lineman, specifically the guards and center. the guards will arguably need to be some of the best athletes on the team. they'll need to be as quick as the wing backs and be able to play at and on the hip all night. the center is going to have to be even quicker to get over and fill the A gap vacated by the pulling guard or else a hard slanting nose guard will bust up plays all night long, if they are facing an even front it's gonna be an even longer 4 qtrs. if these things are taken care of consistantly then you've at least got a foundation for the first 1 to 2 seconds of each play. then it's time to worry about the linebackers! :roflol:

the other big obstacle to the wing T is that most teams around here have dealt with it through the years and know how it works and how to scheme it defensivly. and the better those teams have ran it in the past, the better they will be at defending it. (hint hint) but if it is ran to near perfection it is incredibly hard to stop. it's really much more of a grinding offense(3 yards a play) than most people think, unless you have superior speed to get to the outside. and while i won't go as far as to say that macon does not possess that kind of speed, i will say that i haven't ever seen it there in my almost 30 years. personally i think most teams need to run it for at least 3 years to start seeing desired results and that's a looooong time when it comes to the hc job at macon. i hope this fella gets a better shot than others in the past or else, as yogi berra put it, "it'll be deja vu, all over again"

I heard that Macon is going to the wing-t, which has to be better than throwing every play. Will that be hard for the boys to learn in one year? Im just curious on peoples thoughts on that... :roflol:

It can be done, Gordonsville ran it in 1998 because that was the best offense for the mixture of players we had. I think we ran it pretty well, and I don't think it was ran after that.

And, if you have the players, you can do more than you think out of the wing-t.

You know, I'm really surprised in the lack of talk from Macon Co. fans on here. Seems they are only on here when they want to complain, and the only thing they can complain about right now is his salary.

BTW, is he bringing many assistants with him?

I heard he is bringing 2 of em.... :huh: