Who are some of the best coaches in the state.

Justafan1234

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone tell smallBALLS to be real Preston come on. But the list of the other three great guys

How rude of you. You asked for our opinions then you bash them? Just because you don't like their choice doesn't make it wrong. I wish I knew just how many District Coach of the Year titles he's received, but that really doesn't make him the best coach in the state. It goes deeper than just the ins and outs of baseball. Preston Ozment truly cares about his players. I trust him to take my son anywhere because I know he's going to take care of him.

That being said, I agree with smallball and list Preston Ozment as one of the Best Coaches in the State!

Davy Cothren Trousdale County. What he does with what he has is incredible especially in a small community where football is everything. His facilities have improved they may very well have as god of a field as any in the mid-state, and his teams always perform above thaier ability level.

I would say Jared Hensley of Soddy Daisy in Chattanooga TN. It is only his second season as Head Coach of the Trojans and they are 30-5 and play in the Region Championship tonight. They set a school record for wins in a season at 28 last week and are very well coached. Coach Hensley has done great things there in a short period after taking over for current East Hamilton Head Coach Steve Garland. Soddy Daisy and Jared Hensley have a bright future ahead of them.

Someone tell smallBALLS to be real Preston come on. But the list of the other three great guys

Fellow you need to be real, I've never liked Preston personally but noone can argue with with his results. Preston is not only one of the best young coaches in the state, He is the top young coach. His entire staff is good, 2 of his Asst. could be head coaches at half the schools in the state.

On that note, Phil Clark is a great coach. Tom Mathis at Dyersburg is a great coach. and Finally Eubanks at Huntindon is a very good young coach.