Shepard out at Clarksville Academy

wingman10

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a coach has been named at Clarksville Academy but the Head Boss over there is mad at the Leaf Chronicle for printing the truth last week about Shephard. So, she is refusing to tell the Leaf Chronicle who it is as she doesn't want them to print something that will make her look bad and have everybody in Clarksville batting their eyelids.

Now when the story does get out someone please give a detailed background of this "Coach" as Inquiring Minds would like to know his coaching background. Places he has been a head Coach and also an Assistant? Record as a Head Coach? And anything else that anybody can think of. :popcorneater:

Todd Hood is the new head coach!

Coach Northwest from 94 - 01 (assistant head coach/d-coor)

Montgomery Central from 02 - 05 (assistant head coach/d-coor/o-coor)

Northwest from 05 - 06 (assistant head coach/d-coor)

Fort Campbell from 07 - 10 (special teams coor/ 3 state titles)

He is not only a great coach, but he is a great man that cares about family, friends, God, and making a difference in the lives of everyone that crosses his path in life. A mentor, a leader, a father, and the greatest hire in the county since Marshall Paterson.

If you have any doubts about Coach Hood just meet him, and then you will become a fan of Coach Hood. It has been almost 20 years on a long road, and finally someone gives this man the chance to prove to the state how good he is as a coach and a man.

In fact, Hood never spit in that young man's face, and funny that that same athlete quit the next week because he was not a starter and was angered at Coach Stevens. Another rotten apple lying, and it hurt a Coach's opportunity at the time. I assure you that Hood is one of the best coaches in the state, and with three state titles he can sure back it up. Plus he is bringing a 3 time offensive coordinator of the year with him. Todd has only worked hard all his life, and I personally am happy for him. This should have happened ten years ago, but Montgomery County only hires great coaches from out of state and city. Maybe this county needs to look in the mirror, and stop protecting their own and hire good men like Todd. A christian man, educated, a family man, and a father to many young men over the past 17 years in Montgomery County. Ask any former player they will say the following:

- Was hard on me!

- Pushed me to my limits, and then asked more from me!

- Never gave up on me, and allowed me a second chance!

- Will stop and check on me today if I needed him!

That is a real coach!

I find it hard to believe that the thing about him spitting in a kid's face is false. If it were not true then he wouldn't be banned from getting a coaching or teaching position in Montgomery County Schools. So take that BS somewhere else.

I also know for a fact that he held practice at Barksdale the Saturday after Shephard was let go. So how does the Head of the School sit there and tell the Leaf Chronicle that she interviewed several Candidates after she had told Shephard his contract would not be renewed.

Lemme break down this timeline for ya and tell me if it makes sense.

May 14th (Friday).......Dean of School (Kay Drew) and the Chairman of the Board notifies Shephard in a metting at the school that his contract was not being renewed and that the members of the Board did not know anything yet as far as this was concerned.

May 15th (Saturday).......Hood is seen by many at Barksdale Elementary holding practice with CA football players. Illegal

May 18th (Tuesday) This is when the Leaf Chronicle put in the local paper about the Non Renewed Contract as they were asked to not print anything until Shephard Had time to meet and notify the players of him not returning.

May 24th Kay Drew tells the Leaf Chronicle that she interviewed several candidates for the job and has decided to hire Hood. And she even talks in the article of the Leaf Chronicle that Hood has never held any practices and has no clue where something like that has come from.

Does she really think that the fine people of Clarksville are that friggin' stupid? Are you really announcing a head coach and in the same story trying to sit there and say he hasn't held any illegal practices?

The TSSAA will be looking into this situation I am quite sure. And she better be batting her lashes harder than ever to get out of this mess that she caused.

It is also my understanding that the Chairman of the Board at CA has never liked Coach Shephard and I finally found out why. He got into a fight long ago back in college with one of Shephard's sons and got his ARSE whipped at a party.