Number 2 team in the nation?

soccergrad69

Number 2 team in the nation? I think Farragut is way overrated. I just watched them play against Oak Ridge and they were lucky to pull off the win. They got a lucky pk in the first half which if they had not had they would have lost. Plus there goal in overtime was pretty weak and Oak Ridge almost tied it up with a free kick that hit the post. I feel they will are not the team everyone thought they were and will most likely get knocked out of state pretty early. Definitely not the number 2 team in the nation.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to give Oak Ridge some credit for coming out and playing a great match. Farragut may have had an off night. How many times have you watched them play grad69? I'm pretty sure they have beaten 6? teams rated in the FAB50 by ESPN. So the ranking seems pretty deserving to me. I would be shocked to see them knocked out at any point of state. And I'm sure Coach Culbreth doesn't mind your comments on here, kinda like poking a lion with a stick.

I think you have to give Oak Ridge some credit for coming out and playing a great match. Farragut may have had an off night. How many times have you watched them play grad69? I'm pretty sure they have beaten 6? teams rated in the FAB50 by ESPN. So the ranking seems pretty deserving to me. I would be shocked to see them knocked out at any point of state. And I'm sure Coach Culbreth doesn't mind your comments on here, kinda like poking a lion with a stick.

It may be like poking a lion with a stick, but it was a pretty hard poke, and right where it hurts. Farragut players lost their cool during the game, mentally collapsed in my opinion. I believe there was a fight at the end? They couldn't put anything in the back of the net. Great heart by Oak Ridge and smart play. This game should serve as a wake up call to any other team that any team can beat another team on any given day. I think teams step on the field already giving Farragut the win, and thats what gives them such an edge. Oak Ridge believed last night, and if another team with perhaps more talent than Oak Ridge does the same, there is a possibility for Farragut to fall. Big trees fall hard.

Gotta say I was rooting for the underdog in this case (sorry Coach Culbreth, but Jon Day is my former assistant, and I would have loved for him to advance).

In all fairness, it is tough to be ranked #2 team in the nation. Bear with me. The expectations are so high, and ALL of your opponents bring their BEST game. As a team, you can't be "up" for every game. So, you are facing each game against an opponent that is "up" when you, as a team, can't be that way each and every time. They are high school boys. A coach that can get consistent play out of his boys in all matches will be a VERY wealthy and successful coach!

Slip up ONCE, and your dreams are over. This pressure is hard to take for anyone, let alone 18 year olds. My hats off to Farragut. I have never had an undefeated season (outside of middle school girls) and that, in and of itself, is something to be proud of.

Losing Carlos (hope I spelled that right) last night is a HUGE loss for them. He is a tough player. I hope it turns out it was less serious than they thought.

Farragut has beaten all opponents. As Akula said, multiple nationally ranked squads. Hard to argue against that. They haven't shied away from anyone.

Good luck to Farragut. You'll have a great match with a strong opponent this Thursday! Wish I could make it, but have my hands full with "Hippy Coach".

Also, hats off to Oak Ridge and Coach Day. No one expected them to hang in regulation, let alone 2 over times. They did what no other team has done (tied in regulation). While it got "chippy" after the game, and you hate to see that, the game itself is something that OR can be proud of.

Number 2 team in the nation? I think Farragut is way overrated. I just watched them play against Oak Ridge and they were lucky to pull off the win. They got a lucky pk in the first half which if they had not had they would have lost. Plus there goal in overtime was pretty weak and Oak Ridge almost tied it up with a free kick that hit the post. I feel they will are not the team everyone thought they were and will most likely get knocked out of state pretty early. Definitely not the number 2 team in the nation.

You sound like a sore loser parent/player/or fan from Oak Ridge. What was the shot count? :thumb:

lucky pk and they would have lost if they didnt get it? weak goal in overtime?

21 have tried. 21 have failed.

soccergrad69, posting some bulletin board material? Tough to go through all season blowing out everyone. Playoffs are a different season and everyone steps it up, some more than others. Regarding the unfortunate injury to Carlos, while he is a good player, losing him is not as huge when you have seven or eight other seniors on the bench who can step in and see minimal fall off in play (that is deep), tough way to end your H.S. career. Will be interesting to see how Culbreth coaches thru this "slump" dry.gif. Never really saw him as an X's & O's type of coach, but boy can he motivate. The last two games/scare may be the catalyst Admirals need. Expect to see a different team, of late, against Bearden. But then again, this is the playoffs.

You sound like a sore loser parent/player/or fan from Oak Ridge. What was the shot count? :thumb:

lucky pk and they would have lost if they didnt get it? weak goal in overtime?

21 have tried. 21 have failed.

Soccerstud you sound like the typical over-confident parent/player/or fan from Farragut. My only point is that Farragut needs to watch out. They consistently come out hard in the first 20 minutes, but if they are met with tough competition, they lose control of the game when they should easily dominate any team with the 18 (?) seniors they have. Plus what does it show of your team when you act as players from Farragut did after the game?

Also what exactly happened on Carlos's injury? I just saw him go down.

Also what exactly happened on Carlos's injury? I just saw him go down.

I believe ACL related. Hate to see this happen.

From my point of view, I saw two Farragut players trying to get the ball away from #21, Carlos, and collided with each other, in which Carlos from Farragut quickly fell to the ground. What a coincidence.

Overall, Oak Ridge played their hearts outs and left everything they had on the field. They did everything they had to do to stay in the game and almost shock the soccer world. I congradulate the many seniors from OR in their last game and they way went out fighting.

@soccergrad69 so one game not played at your full potential makes you not good? or overrated? so with your logic Barcelona is not the best team is Spain because they lost a game, Chelsea is not the best team in England because they lost a game. No matter how great a team is they will be games when they don't play to their full potentials and sometimes lose, it happens. and you're right "Number 2 team in nation?" that's garbage they deserve number 1 for sure. they beat 6 fab50 teams and 4 were in the top 10 + the defending national champs; to me that deserve the number 1 tittle. Oak Ridge played their hearts out like they always do against farragut, best game of the season but in the end who came out victorious? talking about the fight did you even see what happened? do you even know happened?i ll give you a little hint, farragut walks up to shake hands and Oak Ridge player throws out a punch (there is more to it). and where did the idea that because farragut has 18 seniors they are all arrogant, over confident and , have egos the size of china? maybe you should talk to the kids, get to know them personally off the field and learn more about them.

You have no right to even try to take away anything from what the farragut players have achieved this season. so seriously before making garbage posts like this think twice and get your facts right. No team is invincible that's for sure, but like someone said earlier 21 have tried, and 21 have failed. Yes i'm a farragut supporter and proud to be one