How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

He throws mid to low 80s consistently, and could probably hit 87 on a good day.

considering that he is a junior i doubt Vandy has offered. they might be looking, but thats totally different than offering.

Well I guess you were not at tonights game. Gant was sitting at 91 most of the game. What did your gun read?? Topped out at 93. Hurts to be wrong doesn't it?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, Single A doesn't mean that a kid there that can play well couldn't play at a high level even if you plug him into a big AAA school, you're not assigned to classification based on talent, its simply based on a school's population. Sure a triple A school has an advantage when they have 1500 to 2500 kids to pick from but that doesn't mean a single A team can't have a top tier

player. Ever heard of Mikey Minor, ummm lets see, Vanderbilt signee, got first start last year for the uh Atlanta braves after only one year in the minors, and where did he

go to school Farragut..no, Riverdale...no, Collierville..no, how bout Forrest High School, yeah little single A, 450

kids Forrest. The other piece of this is that if a small

school has a winning tradition they will draw players that want to play for a winning program and they may opt for

the small school in their county since these schools usually

have the ability to take students due to their size. So while

they may not have the player pool to pick from that doesn't

mean they can't play with a big school and beat them.

Well said :)

He throws mid to low 80s consistently, and could probably hit 87 on a good day.

considering that he is a junior i doubt Vandy has offered. they might be looking, but thats totally different than offering.

He may be a junior, but he definitely has an "offer" on the table from Vandy.

• 2 months later...

Milan beat Gant on March 30th this year 2-1. Caleb Powell(Soph).. outpitched gant and helped himself with a

homerun. Milan's Anderson and Powell will be hard to beat at the State Tourn.

13 k's and four hits, outpitched is a hard term. Especially when the umpires screwed us and they called back a homerun. Either way, what did you say when he got run ruled by d Burg. I guess that leaves you speechless. Gant would beat Milan 9/10.

I'm just stating facts, you're making excuses why he lost...umps....they called a home run back,

somebody on Milan's side was making faces at him........please!!!!!!

far as I know this is his thread... You don't see a caleb powell thread about his 83 mph fastball. And once again as far as I know a homerun being called back is not an excuse, it's a fact. This is a friendly thread and you have to be narcississtic about everything. What a panzy