How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

There has been a lot of things said on this thread. Some true, some not. Here are a few facts that might shed some light on the original question......How fast does Decatur Co. Stephen Gant throw?

Gant throws fast enough and smart enough to have 132 K's in his Soph. year, 8 or 9 shutouts, a 27-2 record so far, a State runner up and a State Chapionship title, MVP in the State Championship....the list goes on and on. Hope that clarifies things a bit. :huh:

who cares what his stats are he plays against SINGLE A teams if u put phiefer in single A he might have a perfect game every game. this debate needs to drop and stop blowing this kid up.. put him in a AAA school see what he could do end of debate

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of things said on this thread. Some true, some not. Here are a few facts that might shed some light on the original question......How fast does Decatur Co. Stephen Gant throw?

Gant throws fast enough and smart enough to have 132 K's in his Soph. year, 8 or 9 shutouts, a 27-2 record so far, a State runner up and a State Chapionship title, MVP in the State Championship....the list goes on and on. Hope that clarifies things a bit. :huh:

who cares what his stats are he plays against SINGLE A teams if u put phiefer in single A he might have a perfect game every game. this debate needs to drop and stop blowing this kid up.. put him in a AAA school see what he could do end of debate

WHY do people insist on discrediting this kid? If Phiefer throws 12 perfect games does that diminish Gants talents? He does not make up the scedule,not his fault if you're not impressed with the quality of competition he's faced(the 4'th place team in Riversides' dist. was one run away from facing them in the state title game,the dist.must be pretty good). I know he faced a very good Lexington team, who's strength was scoring runs, and shut them out(Lexington made state in AA). He also faced one of the DII powers in the state in USJ, and shut them out also. All that he can control is pitching to the lineup he's facing that day,and he did not have a loss all season. I've not seen one post of Stephens bragging about his skills,just others stating their opinions. I've "defended" him often enough that everyone probably thinks that I'm a relative,or at least a Riverside fan,but nothing is further from the truth as I'm a Scotts Hill grad,and an avid supporter of the athletic program. I am however a baseball fan and appreciate anyone, from anywhere,even a "rival" school, as impressive as is Gant. P.S. I hear that he had a pretty good preformance in the tournament too!

• 1 month later...

baseball247365....just in case you haven't heard, Gant played for the Ohio Warhawks this summer.He pitched 21+ innings against some of the best teams in the nation. Gant gave up only one earned run and led the team in K's. He also pitched the championship game that gave the Ohio Warhawks the 18U 2010 Partime National Championship title. http://www.ohiowarhawks.net/

Edited by makeAplay

baseball247365....just in case you haven't heard, Gant played for the Ohio Warhawks this summer.He pitched 21+ innings against some of the best teams in the nation. Gant gave up only one earned run and led the team in K's. He also pitched the championship game that gave the Ohio Warhawks the 18U 2010 Partime National Championship title. http://www.ohiowarhawks.net/

This is just another strong showing of this kid. He a few weeks prior played with the Tennessee Sun Belt team and played very well with them as well.

• 1 month later...

Doesnt really matter. This kids a poser... No way he can burn a*# like I did back in highschool

Im sure you were awesome... How did that turn out for you?? Still in the pros? No, I didn't think so, just a grown man, talking crap about a kid. Nice. Hold on to those "glory days"... they're probably as good as it will get!

• 6 months later...

There are plenty of good baseball teams in A and AA baseball you cant bash A they can't can't help it they don't have as many kids as a AAA school that doesnt mean their not good or competitive I've seen A teams beat AA and AAA teams if your good your good yea AAA schools have a wider variety of players to choose from so that makes some schools tough but that's not the case for all so dont bash A because they don't have has many students as AAA they work just as hard as all the other teams

There are plenty of good baseball teams in A and AA baseball you cant bash A they can't can't help it they don't have as many kids as a AAA school that doesnt mean their not good or competitive I've seen A teams beat AA and AAA teams if your good your good yea AAA schools have a wider variety of players to choose from so that makes some schools tough but that's not the case for all so dont bash A because they don't have has many students as AAA they work just as hard as all the other teams

I totally agree, Single A doesn't mean that a kid there that can play well couldn't play at a high level even if you plug him into a big AAA school, you're not assigned to classification based on talent, its simply based on a school's population. Sure a triple A school has an advantage when they have 1500 to 2500 kids to pick from but that doesn't mean a single A team can't have a top tier player. Ever heard of Mikey Minor, ummm lets see, Vanderbilt signee, got first start last year for the uh Atlanta braves after only one year in the minors, and where did he go to school Farragut..no, Riverdale...no, Collierville..no, how bout Forrest High School, yeah little single A, 450 kids Forrest. The other piece of this is that if a small school has a winning tradition they will draw players that want to play for a winning program and they may opt for the small school in their county since these schools usually have the ability to take students due to their size. So while they may not have the player pool to pick from that doesn't mean they can't play with a big school and beat them.

Just so the expert scout here knows, Gant has an offer from Vanderbilt, one of the top programs in the Nation. I guess we know who this idiot doesn't work for...lol

He throws mid to low 80s consistently, and could probably hit 87 on a good day.

considering that he is a junior i doubt Vandy has offered. they might be looking, but thats totally different than offering.