How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

I scouted him this Spring for a few colleges, He has a good arm however in college without the presence of a hard changeup and being able to place to ball at critical times. We feel by the 3rd or 4th inning he would be finished. Ok High school pitcher, below Average college pitcher!

TheEdge2010, after careful research I have come to a few conclusions:

1. You really should stick to volleyball posts.

2. You shouldn't stop your meds cold turkey.

3. If you are a baseball scout, I am the Wizard of Oz!

ROTFLMAO!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scouted him this Spring for a few colleges, He has a good arm however in college without the presence of a hard changeup and being able to place to ball at critical times. We feel by the 3rd or 4th inning he would be finished. Ok High school pitcher, below Average college pitcher!

I can only hope that you are scouting for Alabama or Florida!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:roflol::ph34r::)

Just plain talk is what these young men need, so it doesnt bother me when others disagree with me. I only give what others are thinking in this young mans talent. As far as scouting goes , I know what some are saying about this young man, he just wouldnt fit the mode we are looking for. You can talk here but its when the pressure is applied and the pitches count that I am looking for.

He was 15-0 this year with 2 wins in the state tournament, 2 wins over Lexington ( a double A state qualifier), struck out 16 against Marion Co., won against USJ (state semi-finals in D 2). Gave up 12 earned runs in 15 starts and 16 appearances. Has lost only 2 games in his first 2 years( Dyer Co- AA state champion) and Summertown in the '09 Championship game(3-2 in 8 innings). Your program might be better if these type guys were what you looked for.

No thank you, with the kids from Florida coming we dont need this young man. I heard Motlow State is very interested not sure though Thanks! To many innings on this arm sorry just honest.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell you on him (he don't need that) I'm just pointing out what an idiot you are!

I would love to know what teams you are scouting for. This way, I can come watch the team that is lucky enough to sign him shut you down... thank you bye! :thumb:

Scouts have different opinions and some are right and some are wrong.

Look at this list and see how many times scouts were pretty good and how many times they weren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_overall_Major_League_Baseball_draft_picks

Shawn Abner and Brien Taylor come to mind.

When Bryce Brentz at Middle was playing for South Doyle in high school, most scouts had him as the fourth best prospect on his high school team, with some scouts telling me he had holes in his swing. He was able to plug those holes for 61 HRs in three years. :popcorneater:

Scouting is an inexact science. :roflolk:

Scouts have different opinions and some are right and some are wrong.

Look at this list and see how many times scouts were pretty good and how many times they weren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_overall_Major_League_Baseball_draft_picks

Shawn Abner and Brien Taylor come to mind.

When Bryce Brentz at Middle was playing for South Doyle in high school, most scouts had him as the fourth best prospect on his high school team, with some scouts telling me he had holes in his swing. He was able to plug those holes for 61 HRs in three years. :popcorneater:

Scouting is an inexact science. :roflolk:

Do scouts look at the raw material or the finished product? I know several players that have never had the coaching to correct mistakes or holes in their hitting. Do scouts see through this or not?

Yes we do see holes and flaws that can cause arm and strength issues. Surely not saying this kid wont make it but with the issues that we are concerned with his chances could be slim in our system. Have scouted for 18 years with PAC-10 and SEC ties, I only work Tennessee and Georgia, Florida areas. We all must understand that on the message boards alot of misunderstandings are happening. This is all talk here but when the rubber meets the road the decision is the colleges. This kid has a great fastball and yes he did have a great high school tournment but at the college level everyone is on a level playing field. You must be able to place and work the system given to you. Good Luck to this young man. Sorry to disappoint all his fans!