How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard he throws up to 107 mph on a good day... but what makes him so deadly is his 69 mph changeup that he will throw at any point in a count. also, he throws a killer slider and nearly unhittable knuckler. he has been scouted since he was 9 years old. good luck uc.... although, uc does have some tough hitters... stevie gosset is always a threat, and don't take their eight hole hitter, caleb long, too lightly.. this should be a good game.

looks like we have a few kids from Adamsville who are still upset after the loss from yesterday. Gant is a very good pitcher. He has a good fastball that has been clocked as high as anywhere from 90-92 and has some pretty nasty offspeed stuff. The 107 mph fastball & knuckle ball you speak of is part of your imagination.

However, I do expect both Region 7 and 8 substate games to be very close and wish all teams good luck the rest of the way

i heard he throws up to 107 mph on a good day... but what makes him so deadly is his 69 mph changeup that he will throw at any point in a count. also, he throws a killer slider and nearly unhittable knuckler. he has been scouted since he was 9 years old. good luck uc.... although, uc does have some tough hitters... stevie gosset is always a threat, and don't take their eight hole hitter, caleb long, too lightly.. this should be a good game.

UC gonna get them bats rollin on friday versus Riverside... Stevie Gossett, Cameron Powers, Branson Sherwood, Drake Parker, Tyler Steward, Zack Caveness, and Rance Barnes are all gonna be hittin on friday.. and we are pitching Rance Barnes and he can bring it just as hard lol LETS GET IT!!!

looks like we have a few kids from Adamsville who are still upset after the loss from yesterday. Gant is a very good pitcher. He has a good fastball that has been clocked as high as anywhere from 90-92 and has some pretty nasty offspeed stuff. The 107 mph fastball & knuckle ball you speak of is part of your imagination.

However, I do expect both Region 7 and 8 substate games to be very close and wish all teams good luck the rest of the way

I'm going to guess and say this is not a kid from Adamsville. They have nothing but respect for Riverside and Stephen Gant. On the subject I'd say that his stuff is in the 87-91 range.

UC gonna get them bats rollin on friday versus Riverside... Stevie Gossett, Cameron Powers, Branson Sherwood, Drake Parker, Tyler Steward, Zack Caveness, and Rance Barnes are all gonna be hittin on friday.. and we are pitching Rance Barnes and he can bring it just as hard lol LETS GET IT!!!

You are out of your mind if you think Barnes throws 85..low 80's at best with mediocre offspeed.. No doubt you guys can hit but pitching has not been a strong point for uc this year.. Yall better come to play if you want to beat the best single a pitcher in west tn.. my prediction.. riverside 12 uc 2 in 5 innings.. riverside is much better than greenfield..

What Gant throws top end and what he throws consistently in the middle of a game are 2 different things. I set behind home plate with Coach Parker gunning him at a single A tournament at Blackman and during the 2nd and 3rd innings his average was consistent at 84-86 on his fastball. I never saw him approach 90 on any pitch but he probably does hit it every now and then if he humps it but most of the time that means a loss of control. I think he's a sophomore so he'll probably be consistent at 90 by his senior year. What makes him really good is the movement he gets not only on the off speed stuff but on his fastball. He's got a nasty 2 seam that he loves to run in on a batter's hands for strike 3. Definitely one of the better pitchers I've seen this year at any level.