Gibbs vs Elizabethton

actioncity

Good season for the Lady Cyclones. First district title in a long time. Beat the defending state champs twice. If they can replace their senior pitcher, they could perhaps join the Devils next year at state.

Etown Sparky your daughter really had a great year. She should concentrate on softball her senior year and should get some college looks. She is a good BB player but at the next level her sport is softball for sure.

Go Devils. Repeat.

Good season for the Lady Cyclones. First district title in a long time. Beat the defending state champs twice. If they can replace their senior pitcher, they could perhaps join the Devils next year at state.

Etown Sparky your daughter really had a great year. She should concentrate on softball her senior year and should get some college looks. She is a good BB player but at the next level her sport is softball for sure.

Go Devils. Repeat.

Actually, it was the first district title ever for the Lady Cyclones and we beat the Lady Devils 3 times (split 3-3 this year). So, yes it was a good year. I wasn't able to go to the game at Gibbs as I am out of town for work. Gibbs is obviously good as are all the teams that made it to the sectional, but apparently we didn't play our best game. The bats went a little silent the last couple of weeks. From what I heard, I don't expect Gibbs to make a run next week. It just wasn't meant to be for the Lady Cyclones. We have a good core group returning next year with pitching obviously being the biggest question.

I appreciate the kind words about my daughter. I'm not one to self-promote, but I'd have to agree she has had a pretty awesome year. I haven't compiled her batting stats because I was afraid it might be a distraction, but now that our season is over I plan to do so. She hit for both power and average this year.

As for where she concentrates her efforts, her mother and I leave that up to her. As for athletics, she enjoys playing both basketball and softball. However, she is an honors student (currently carrying a 4.0 GPA) and will likely have some options there.

Congrats to the Lady Devils on their sectional win and good luck in the 'Boro' next week...