District 14A...What do Yall think?

volfan007

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

007 what does the amount of games won in middle school have to do with the price of gas? Nothing. Glad you changed your screenname since you not a falcon supporter. Support who ya want. I know the Falcons begin summer workouts on June 1st from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the morning and 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the evening. Coach B will be there why not go discuss your thoughts on shady dealings with him there. I am sure he would be glad to see ya. I know for a fact therer were NO shady dealings on Coach B's part and things were brought to him. He and his wife did not seek out employment but were approached so get off the conspiracy b.s. I am through with the topic and you so no worries, you have your opinion and I have mine. As I said if it concerns you that much visit Coach B and speak with him.

I believe Trenton will beat out Humboldt for the #2 spot

There are alot of us Peabody fans hopes that the Tide will be a contender this year! I know i do Peabody will be much improved and should compete all year baring no serious bang ups! But with the athletes HBT has and if their numbers are up HBT will be a hard bunch to beat. I hope the Tide does well and i think they will. They need to get off to a good start and finish strong as they did last year! I am not counting anyone out like i said overall the District will be alot better! I am looking forward to a great season in HS football again this year! Lets play some football! :rolleyes:

I agree Mr. Bigster with u last year was last year. But till someone knocks off UC they are still the District Champs! Among the the top teams in the District UC was hit harder by graduation. But they are coach well and will be a tough out as always! LC has from i understand have some key players returning on both sides of the ball. So LC will be a contender all year as well. As for HBT i talked to a buddie i know from HBT and he said there numbers are up and will be very deep this year! Peabody should be better that last year as they have alot of player returning so don't count out the Tide. Overall the District will be much better this season! Its not as far away as some may think less than 90 days till kickoff! I luv HS football no matter whom i watch play! Good Luck!! :rolleyes:

The Stronger Our Districts Are The Tougher Our Champion Will Be In The Post Season. I'm Glad To Hear The Season Is Shaping Up To Be A Good Un. There's Nothing Like Friday Night! :lol:

Good to hear from u Butchie and i agree there is nothing like a Friday night HS football game! Hope the Tide will do well this season they should be much better and good luck to the Rebels this year! :lol:

South Fulton will be a lot better than a lot of people are thinking in here. They have a that freshman QB back....can run and throw...and he'll be a sophomore. They'll have the RB back, who is very talented...if he'll get his attitude right. They'll also have that big linebacker back....I believe his name was Tatum...not sure, but he was 6 foot and weighed about 250 last year as a freshman. They also have a good coach.

UC should be down this year, but they'll still be UC. They'll be hard to beat.

Humboldt should be strong, although they do lose do everything Dunbar. I'm not sure what else they lost.

Trenton should be a little better. Can anyone tell us what they lost from last year?

Why should Halls be better? I think they lost a lot as well...didnt they?

Lake Co is a big ? They'll be a good team, but how good? Who knows?

I really hope that yall are all wrong about Greenfield. Maybe we can turn things around this year?!?

007 what does the amount of games won in middle school have to do with the price of gas? Nothing. Glad you changed your screenname since you not a falcon supporter. Support who ya want. I know the Falcons begin summer workouts on June 1st from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the morning and 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the evening. Coach B will be there why not go discuss your thoughts on shady dealings with him there. I am sure he would be glad to see ya. I know for a fact therer were NO shady dealings on Coach B's part and things were brought to him. He and his wife did not seek out employment but were approached so get off the conspiracy b.s. I am through with the topic and you so no worries, you have your opinion and I have mine. As I said if it concerns you that much visit Coach B and speak with him.

007.I called this before it happened.Believe you're going to see Coach B and his wife are both going to do a good job.A lot of doubters don't think a woman can coach a high school boys basketball team.I'm looking for next years team to be better than the teams of the past.if everyone comes back and stays out of trouble.Don't know if you're my buddy Lake Co falconfan007 and just going by 007 but everything is going to be ok.Like Coach B sai.Come talk to him.Everyone knoes me on here so no use me trying to hide.Just like my comments about Greg Ross.If I feel I'm right,going to speak my mind.

Union City is the champ until somebody knocks them off.

1 Union City

2 Humbolt

3 Trenton

4 Lake County

5 Halls

6 So.Fulton

7 Greenfield

Don't sleep on South Fulton....

I agree South Fulton is well coached and will be better than most think! HBT can tell u that from last year South Fulton almost got them last year! Should be some good football this season! :popcorneater:

South Fulton will be a lot better than a lot of people are thinking in here. They have a that freshman QB back....can run and throw...and he'll be a sophomore. They'll have the RB back, who is very talented...if he'll get his attitude right. They'll also have that big linebacker back....I believe his name was Tatum...not sure, but he was 6 foot and weighed about 250 last year as a freshman. They also have a good coach.

UC should be down this year, but they'll still be UC. They'll be hard to beat.

Humboldt should be strong, although they do lose do everything Dunbar. I'm not sure what else they lost.

Trenton should be a little better. Can anyone tell us what they lost from last year?

Why should Halls be better? I think they lost a lot as well...didnt they?

Lake Co is a big ? They'll be a good team, but how good? Who knows?

I really hope that yall are all wrong about Greenfield. Maybe we can turn things around this year?!?

South Fulton don't think people remember that they did get to the second round of the playoffs last year. Peabody will still be fairly young with a boat load of 10th graders. I don't know how many seniors they had last year but i think they will be a tough out! As far as Humboldt from what i have heard from people i know from HBT. That their numbers are up and they will be pretty solid across the board and deep with running backs with Campbell leading the way and his little brother Kimble who they say is better than Quan! HBT plays a tough schedule that will help them come playoff time! If u look at it everone in the district plays a pretty tough schedule. LC returns alot of key players and i think will be in contention all year! Halls i don't know much about. Hopefully the jackets will be better this year! :popcorneater:

Zebra beat me to the punch, but here goes.

Humboldt returns its leading rusher and receiver, Quan Campbell. The rising senior rushed for nearly 1,700 yards over the past two seasons. Brian Harris (207 yds, 3 TD) and J.K. Kimble (181 yds) also had a productive year in the Viking backfield. Defensively, Humboldt looks solid. The team's leading tacklers, Kane Young and Zach Shepherd, return for their senior season. Providing experience for Coach Bland's defense will be Marcellous Ivory, Quincy Woods and Nino Cox.

Peabody loses its leading rusher in A.J. Collier. However, the Golden Tide return QB Jerry Rogers and RB/DB Qua Johnson, who combined for 585 rushing yards and 5 TD last season. On the defensive side, leading tacklers Hunter Bush and Austin Coleman are lost to graduation. Returning is LB Adrian Buchanan, who had 84 tackles for the Trenton squad in 2009.

Preseason talk here, both Gibson Co. teams should be in the top half of 14A. Humboldt probably has its best team in several years. They will be tested early, though, with trips to Henry Co. and Lake Co., and a visit from Milan all before mid-September. Peabody has a really good shot of making the playoffs. Following four straight wins to finish last year, then barely missing out on a wild card bid, maybe the Golden Tide rolls back into the postseason after a two-year absence.

Good post u bought names that is something hard for me to remember just a sign of getting old i guess. HBT plays a heck of a schedule and i do think Peabody will be in the thick of it this year. LC will be better than most think and of course UC will be a tough out! Should be a great season! Good luck to all! :popcorneater:

UC has one problem an thats experience. Strength and speed weellll its amazin what a UC offseason has done to correct that. I personally believe experience aint gonna be a problem either. Thats where good tough scrimmages come in. Plus while only 2 freshman got consistent time, most who will be playin as sophmores got a good amount against varsity players.

SF will be fairly inexperienced , esp. on the offensive line. Some played consistent time last year but not a whole lot. #42 was Cody Tatum the linebacker u spoke of vol and he was a sophmore last year and he is going to be a beast the next two years. Im thinking the rb u are talking about is Avent and he dropped out 2 days before grad. Now we do have a very good rb returning though who played alot last year and he is Chance Barnes #21 i believe. Jaquay is returning at qb and has put on some muscle and is getting better. He is going to become a great qb, already is very smart with the ball and didnt make a whole lot of mistakes last season to be a freshman.

Again this season we have an abundance of freshmen who went 9-1 last season and wont their 3rd straight county chamoionship. Look for the name Tymaine Strickland to be in the rotation at rb along with Barnes, J.P. Fowler, Alex Gallien, and Khiry Lewis to name a few.

As for the district i think UC has it looked up until someone breaks in. 2.Humbolt, 3.Trenton, 4. South Fulton or Lake County, 6. Halls, 7. Greenfield