"BORO" 1st ROUND GAME PREDICTIONS BY "THE"BALLEXPERT!!

TBALLEXPERT

I don't give a care about your address, but I'm also still waiting to read what you meant by "didn't come to play."

Down 2-0 with a chance to do some damage and our ladies in the dugout pouring h2o(water) all over each other cutting up, not exactly what I would call caring about what was happening! :popcorneater:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not really. I don't see how a light moment or two in the dugout carried onto the field resulting in a loss, or how you think your posts help the "team first" attitude required for a program.

I also think "didn't come to play", "didn't show up" and the like are some of the worst cliches in sports, it completely demeans the opponent. It's like you're saying if they'd showed any concern at all, they'd have blown everyone away.

I don't see how a light moment or two in the dugout carried onto the field resulting in a loss...

I also think "didn't come to play", "didn't show up" and the like are some of the worst cliches in sports, it completely demeans the opponent. It's like you're saying if they'd showed any concern at all, they'd have blown everyone away.

I disagree. I think if you lost, it should hurt, and if you are losing, there should be no 'light' moments. Everyone should be focused and serious...you know, 'have your game-face on' (no, not that plastic thing!)...even if it's a close game and you're winning. THAT'S respect for an opponent. Now, I'm not saying you don't get over it eventually and move on in whatever time it takes an individual, but if you're not bothered by a bad performance or apathetic/lackadaisical attitude, then you're not much of a passionate ballplayer.

'Didn't come to play' and 'didn't show up' are perfect clichés and have no bearing on the opponent whatsoever. IF you're a good team and you get blown out by a lesser or equal team, these words fit perfectly sometimes, in my opinion.

My daughters' teams all play better when they're loose and having 'light' moments...prior to the games and when they're up by a comfortable margin (10 runs?). However, she'd be the first to say they shouldn't exist in a loser's (i.e., losing team's) dugout. Show me somebody that hates losing and I'll show you a winner, no matter the score. :huh:

Oh, and here's another cliché or two for ya: 'Played to the level' and 'kissed our sister.' Hmmm... Boy, we did these several times this year, too, but we eventually got over it... :huh::blush::huh: Ain't this game fun?