DII-A predictions

bmoy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two 1-run games. 4 complete games pitched by the starters in the 2 games. A total of 3 errors and 1 unearned run overall in the 2 games. 1 pitcher gave up 8 walks but only 4 hits and was able to strand 11 runners. Excellent baseball. I'm jealous of all who were able to watch both games. It would appear that everybody in attendance got their money's worth.

Wow, the fans are getting their money's worth with the DII-A matchups. JCS put out USJ in a close one early this afternoon and Knox Webb defeated DCA 3-2 in a very well played, close game that could have gone either way. Both teams stepped up with huge plays on defense and quality pitching to get out of tight jams along the way. Knox Webb now awaits the DCA/JCS winner in the championship game.

What a great run by the DII-A State Champion Webb Spartans. A tremendous TEAM effort with several young men contributing in the final Championship game. The Spartans demonstrated that with solid coaching, hard work and huge hearts... anything is possible!

No question JCS has a very good team with some very talented players throughout their entire lineup, but in the end the Spartans made the plays on offense/defense and defeated JCS 10-4 after spotting them a 4-0 lead.

To those who said this would be an all West (Jackson) final... well we can play a little ball here in the East too! :roflol:

I too am proud of the JCS eagles - they showed a lot of heart and character. The boys were ready to play and had been prepared well - showed a lot of confidence and desire. Coach Cooper does a good job with his baseball program and should be proud. Congrats to Webb who obviously was the best this year.

I was fortunate enough to witness this entire tournament and I have to disagree with the earlier post about the character of JCS. What I saw on the field was a classless team that played with their heads high when things were going their way; however, when calls went against them, etc. they showed their true character. I have never seen a player get into an umpire like I did when the game ended on strike 3 and the JCS baseball program should suffer consequences for his actions. This kind of behavior starts at the top--apparently they've been able to get away with this type of behavior throughout the season and they showed their true character when adversity hit. Just check out the photo on the Jackson Sun for further proof of the way this team carried itself.

On a more positive note--I felt the true champion was crowned in this tournament all the way around. Webb, like the other teams in the tournament, was a very talented group of ballplayers. What stood them apart from the others was the way they carried themselves and the class and sportsmanship that they displayed throughout the tournament. It's nice to see the good guys win!

Speaking of the JCS coach... I thought it was pretty ridiculous that he was out on the field confronting the ump who just called their last batter out looking at strike 3. They were down by 6 (SIX) runs and there were 2 outs with nobody on base! Are you kidding me, show some class. Not that it prevented the Webb team and coaches from celebrating their win or anything but it did lack class.

You're right, the Webb players and coaches demonstrated what playing with class is throughout the tournament. Actually that's not surprising since the head coach holds every one of those kids accountable for their on-field behavior and expects them to carry themselves with class at all times!

Congrats to the Spartans who most everyone thought would be out early because the west TN teams were too much for them to handle.