Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

cyclones10

Guest LowManWins

She was preggoo, but the coaches and others talked her "out of it".....Not preggo any more! He's NOT going to mess up his DREAM team!

Why in the world would this be brought up on a public message board-- and so half-hazardously at that. That's a family/religion matter, not a high school basketball topic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world would this be brought up on a public message board-- and so half-hazardously at that. That's a family/religion matter, not a high school basketball topic.

Amen...regardless of how one feels about another team, the coach, an individual, etc.; to broach this subject on a public forum is reckless at worst and juvenile at best.

I prefer calling her a tranfer, as opposed to "recruit"...LOL! As Sparky has stated, if she is not a top varsity player she will probably not get much playing time at Betsy. The Lady Cylones are very deep and talented at every position on the perimeter and are rapidly developing in the post. It will be interesting to see how this situation develops.

How many of Betsy's players live inside the school's boundries? Or did their parents just rent an apartment long enough to get them qualified so they wouldn't have to pay tuition?

How dod E'ton do in the Riverdale this past weekend.

Played pretty well - won all 3 games. Defeated Walker Valley in the early game by 5 (35-30 I think). Beat Page in the second game in a blowout (don't remember the score - it was 18-0 before they scored and 36-6 at one point after subs played most of game). Beat CPA in the last game by around 18 (44-26 I think). Wish we could have played one of top 3A teams, i.e. Riverdale, Clarksville, Mt Juliet or Memphis Central, to see how we measured up overall. We would have been outmanned inside, but it would have been interesting nonetheless.

How many of Betsy's players live inside the school's boundries? Or did their parents just rent an apartment long enough to get them qualified so they wouldn't have to pay tuition?

I'm not sure what you are asking or implying. It wouldn't make sense to "rent an apartment" to avoid paying tuition, as the yearly tuition at EHS is only $400 which is less than what it costs to rent a decent apartment for a month.

Didnt Elizabethton play a home playoff game last friday night against Austin East? Did those kids have to miss that game to travel to Murfreesboro for three scrimmages against two weak teams and one decent team?

Thats crazy. There are plenty of teams available to test your vaunted cyclones much closer than that and those kids could have supported their football team. If you think the kids didnt mind you are crazy. As I said in an earlier thread, kids talk and word travels fast....

And then they play Tenn High last night in a glorified scrimmage and miss the qtrfinal win game. Wont get to see the semifinal game next week either. Good planning Lin.

Dugger is not a team player, unless its his team.

And as for the earlier comment sparky about how the dirty laundry should remain inhouse, thats normally very true but in this case the fact that the coach apparently was involved in the decision making process this year............AND last year too..........what a guy.

Limestonecove,

I have to think you are just stirring the pot to try and cause distractions. The Lady Devils never have to worry about conflicts with football playoff games...lol! Granted, the playoff games for the Cyclones could have been anticipated and planned around, but most did not expect them to reach the semi-finals. Credit Coach Witten and his team for exceeding expectations. Coach Dugger is completely dedicated to the success of his team and his players. His teams have continued the roll the Lady Cyclones have been on for 6 or 7 years. I know it has been tough for Unicoi's proud girl's program to have to play second fiddle for awhile, but you stirring the pot will not change it. The Lady Devils will have to do it on the court. This may be their year, but I do not think so. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!

Limestonecove,

I have to think you are just stirring the pot to try and cause distractions. The Lady Devils never have to worry about conflicts with football playoff games...lol! Granted, the playoff games for the Cyclones could have been anticipated and planned around, but most did not expect them to reach the semi-finals. Credit Coach Witten and his team for exceeding expectations. Coach Dugger is completely dedicated to the success of his team and his players. His teams have continued the roll the Lady Cyclones have been on for 6 or 7 years. I know it has been tough for Unicoi's proud girl's program to have to play second fiddle for awhile, but you stirring the pot will not change it. The Lady Devils will have to do it on the court. This may be their year, but I do not think so. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree coachh, limestone has little constructive to add about anything. He continually trolls threads about other teams, particularly EHS, and tries to distract by using formulated opinions based on tidbits of gossip and stating them as facts. Here are a few facts: 1) The Murfreesboro scrimmage date was planned back in the summer after the Shelbyville team camp when the Riverdale coach approached Coach Dugger and asked him to bring the Lady Cyclones. The team had the travel plans made for months. 2) It's unfortunate there was an overlap with the football playoff games. As coachh stated, UC didn't have to face that dilemma since there were no conflicts!

Again, I will submit that limestone should "tend to his own knitting" and provide some quality input about the UC program rather than taking shots at EHS.

Didnt Elizabethton play a home playoff game last friday night against Austin East? Did those kids have to miss that game to travel to Murfreesboro for three scrimmages against two weak teams and one decent team?

Thats crazy. There are plenty of teams available to test your vaunted cyclones much closer than that and those kids could have supported their football team. If you think the kids didnt mind you are crazy. As I said in an earlier thread, kids talk and word travels fast....

And then they play Tenn High last night in a glorified scrimmage and miss the qtrfinal win game. Wont get to see the semifinal game next week either. Good planning Lin.

Dugger is not a team player, unless its his team.

And as for the earlier comment sparky about how the dirty laundry should remain inhouse, thats normally very true but in this case the fact that the coach apparently was involved in the decision making process this year............AND last year too..........what a guy.

Same old song just a different verse from you limestone. You do not know the coach was involved in any decision making process about anything (as I do not either). Regardless, you just can't resist the chance to hide behind your coacht username and take shots at the Lady Cyclones and Coach Dugger. Isn't there anything interesting going on with the Lady Devils? I haven't heard anything...but on the other hand, I'm not particularly interested. I'm much more interested in the Lady Cyclones. BTW, congrats to the Cyclone football team on their quarterfinal win last night. Good luck next week against Alcoa. Go Cyclones!

Well it seems that the Lady Cyclones have another recruit coming in, this one from Unicoi Co. Are they so insecure they have to continually go out and get players from other schools that take time away from players that are actually from Elizabethton? How long will this be allowed to take place? Should be interesting

if you had any knowledge at all, you would know that Elizabethton coaches had nothing to do with the Unicoi dud. And, we were glad to get rid of the whole family. Now, if they would just officially move like theyre supposed to. I am sure the elizabethton coaches arent aware of her illegal residence. Just would be sad if the elizabethton girls got punished for something they arent aware of. Dont send her back our way. No one fights anymore...kind of nice. GOOD LUCK CYCLONES, HOPE SHE DOESNT RUIN IT FOR U GUYS. All these coaches are watching.

Coach Dugger is a totally committed coach, and will not be outworked by anyone. History has shown that this trait is both a strength and a weakness in coaches and Dugger is no exception. Do you not think that South Greene pushes the envelope in their girls program? Of course. Duggers past troubles are from overzealousness. Other coaches in the area respect him but would turn him in a New York minute. Sounds like Cove is on a fishing expedition, trolling for info. My advise Sparky and coachH is "Dont feed the troll".

I do think Dugger was a little over the top going to the Boro for a playday and not even getting to play the real heavyweights for his efforts and expense. Im confident there are playdays all over ET that feature quality competition. But its his program and his call to make. EHS ladies should continue their reign over the Blue Devils this year. Let hope they can beat Greeneville/So Greene this year when it counts.

Go Cyclones. Shock the Tornados this weekend.