Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

cyclones10

Guest LowManWins

The Cyclones and Coach Dugger can only fight the battles they are presented with and this 'illegal transfer' stuff is comical. If she won't be missed and isn't worth a darn, then why any hoopla over it? Just be glad she is gone... like you claim to be.

UC Lady Devils have exceptional size and athletic ability this year. The new coach is pushing an uptempo style offense with aggressive defense so far. Not much depth to my naked eye, but I like what I have seen to this point.

And the football program is moving in the right direction. Just not up to Elizabethton's level yet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cyclones and Coach Dugger can only fight the battles they are presented with and this 'illegal transfer' stuff is comical. If she won't be missed and isn't worth a darn, then why any hoopla over it? Just be glad she is gone... like you claim to be.

UC Lady Devils have exceptional size and athletic ability this year. The new coach is pushing an uptempo style offense with aggressive defense so far. Not much depth to my naked eye, but I like what I have seen to this point.

And the football program is moving in the right direction. Just not up to Elizabethton's level yet.

Finally, a UC fan that seems to have some perspective. Lowman, I applaud you thoughtful, personal insight about UC. Every school/program is presented with it's own challenges and must deal with them the best they can. For instance, I doubt the exit of a single transfer eliminated every issue and created Utopia within the UC team. I don't have any insight, am not looking to gain insight and don't need insight into the situation to make that assessment because life just doesn't work that way. We all have to face challenges and UC is no different.

I think elizabethton cyclones are lucky to get the best sophomore player that unicoi county blue devils had!!!

Is that why the best sophomore left Unicoi to go to Elizabethton to sit the bench. I heard she got zero varsity time the whole weekend. Maybe she can find another illegal transfer next. As far as a diva? No, we have no controversy now that that"best sophomore" is gone. But again, if youre living in Elizabethton all the time like youre supposed to be, then why would you drive all the way to Erwin Walmart all the time. It does not make sense.

Ok. so you are saying the the LM is better EE? Come on. Anyone who has a small basketball IQ knows that the edwards kid is the real deal. LM is a good kid that can;t come to grips with her role. She is not going to play at ETown either. She may get less Varsity time than at Unicoi. We only could go 8 now 7 deep. ETOWN is 9 deep with ease.

Again, rumor has it during the Hall of fame, the alleged UC star didnt get off the varsity bench. Didnt look real thrilled. She's not all that.

How many of Betsy's players live inside the school's boundries? Or did their parents just rent an apartment long enough to get them qualified so they wouldn't have to pay tuition?

That's what the Unicoi soph LM did, but it still isnt TSSAA ok. She still has her big fine home in Erwin... her hometown. not the rent the issue, it's the eligibility and until someone cracks down and starts looking into it, it'll keep happening.

Limestonecove,

I have to think you are just stirring the pot to try and cause distractions. The Lady Devils never have to worry about conflicts with football playoff games...lol! Granted, the playoff games for the Cyclones could have been anticipated and planned around, but most did not expect them to reach the semi-finals. Credit Coach Witten and his team for exceeding expectations. Coach Dugger is completely dedicated to the success of his team and his players. His teams have continued the roll the Lady Cyclones have been on for 6 or 7 years. I know it has been tough for Unicoi's proud girl's program to have to play second fiddle for awhile, but you stirring the pot will not change it. The Lady Devils will have to do it on the court. This may be their year, but I do not think so. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!

17 you've run that flapper for years on here. Since you are so up on things how many students that play sports at Betsy pay tuition and live outside their boundries. I know how you are and will deny it to protect your darling school. But have the balls to own up and admit it. You put Unicoi County down but I'll guarantee every kid in every sport lives inside the county can you say that. Making fun of the football team makes you so much of a better person.You've known for years you couldn't beat Unicoi County without recruiting. Thats why when you was coaching middle school you wouldn't play Unicoi County in basketball or softball because you were of the feathers on your legs and you wouldn't play TSSAA middle school ball rules.

So keep you flapper shutuntil you can prove all the girls and boys are from your boundries.

I'm assuming the girl that went back to Unaka was from there to begin as most Chambers are. How did she get to Betsy?

Glad to see a few more Blue Devil fans posting. Everybody knows Dugger started his practices way way early. Disguises them as open gyms.

And from what I hear the UC transfer isnt too happy with her new choice.

Since Dugger didnt recruit her he will not give her any special treatment.

One thing he does do is make kids earn their spot. Even the D-1 recruit he got to transfer from HV had to earn her spot----which of course didnt take long. Dugger's peers view him as a very good coach with questionable character.

Edited by limestonecove

17 you've run that flapper for years on here. Since you are so up on things how many students that play sports at Betsy pay tuition and live outside their boundries. I know how you are and will deny it to protect your darling school. But have the balls to own up and admit it. You put Unicoi County down but I'll guarantee every kid in every sport lives inside the county can you say that. Making fun of the football team makes you so much of a better person.You've known for years you couldn't beat Unicoi County without recruiting. Thats why when you was coaching middle school you wouldn't play Unicoi County in basketball or softball because you were of the feathers on your legs and you wouldn't play TSSAA middle school ball rules.

So keep you flapper shutuntil you can prove all the girls and boys are from your boundries.

I'm assuming the girl that went back to Unaka was from there to begin as most Chambers are. How did she get to Betsy?

Doodle,

Elizabethton has never denied having tuition paying county students that come to the city schools. It is perfectly legal and the students come for a variety of reasons. The Lady Cyclones have had a nice run of success and several county standouts have chosen to come play for Elizabethton. Many of them make the decision when they are in elementary or middle school. I only mentioned football because limestonecove was tearing Coach Dugger down for scheduling basketball activities on playoff game nights. Historically, that is not an issue for Unicoi Co. though they are improving and it could be a consideration in the future.

As for your assertions that Elizabethton ducks scheduling Unicoi Co. at the middle school level, they are completely untrue. T.A. Dugger and Unicoi Co. Middle are in the same conference and play each other twice a year. Historically, Unicoi Co. Middle dominated the series in girl's basketball and softball. Beginning in the late 1990's the Lady Cyclones made the series much more competitive in both sports, particularly basketball. Throughout the last decade, the Lady Cyclones have had the upper hand in basketball at the middle and high school levels. Unicoi Co. has maintained its dominance in softball, though the rivalry is more competitive now.

You are comparing apples to oranges on the boundary issue. Unicoi Co. only has one high school, so every kid in the county has only one option. Past rumors were that some North Carolina students came to Unicoi Co., but I have no proof and will assume these rumors are untrue. Carter County has four county high schools and Elizabethton High. It is perfectly legal for any county student to pay tuition and come to the city school. Recruiting is illegal and I never did it, nor do I condone it. The rivalry between these two schools is a great one and serves as a catalyst to make both teams better. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lady Cyclones programs were built to compete on Unicoi's level, because of Unicoi's successes. I still enjoy watching the games and look forward to spirited contests this season. May the best team win. Go Cyclones!!!!!

Guest LowManWins

Let me see if I get this straight...

luv2 dislikes a Lady Devil player. Said Lady Devil player transfers to different school. Luv2 claims Devils are better for it. Said former Lady Devil player does not seem to be impact player for either team.

If those are the facts, then there's really no issue. Leave it be and be happy that 'the team' has better chemistry. Make no mistake- my blood runs Blue Devil blue, but making this much noise over a transfer that won't sway things a bit doesn't make much sense.

I'm of the opinion that its the coach's job to win the battle on the court. Let Coach Dugger and Coach Ep prepare and strategize; don't attempt to put the outcome elsewhere. That's cowardice and, frankly, both programs deserve to play it out as it is.

Let me see if I get this straight...

luv2 dislikes a Lady Devil player. Said Lady Devil player transfers to different school. Luv2 claims Devils are better for it. Said former Lady Devil player does not seem to be impact player for either team.

If those are the facts, then there's really no issue. Leave it be and be happy that 'the team' has better chemistry. Make no mistake- my blood runs Blue Devil blue, but making this much noise over a transfer that won't sway things a bit doesn't make much sense.

I'm of the opinion that its the coach's job to win the battle on the court. Let Coach Dugger and Coach Ep prepare and strategize; don't attempt to put the outcome elsewhere. That's cowardice and, frankly, both programs deserve to play it out as it is.

It unnerves me to think that certain people think that they can get by with anything, and dont have to follow rules. They blamed it on coaching and favortism here and now, what will the excuse be? If they want her at Elizabethton, then they need to put a for sale sign in their yard, and pick up and move it to Elizabethton legally. No it wont be an impact on either us or Eliz. unless someone tries to "ding" Eliz. for her "move"...lol. and then, Elizabethton's hard work will mean nothing because, again, they have tried to pull a fast one, and Elizabethton coaches or the girls wont know what hit them when they are disqualified. I sure as heck wouldnt appreciate it for my kids. PEOPLE...PLAY BY THE RULES....

It unnerves me to think that certain people think that they can get by with anything, and dont have to follow rules. They blamed it on coaching and favortism here and now, what will the excuse be? If they want her at Elizabethton, then they need to put a for sale sign in their yard, and pick up and move it to Elizabethton legally. No it wont be an impact on either us or Eliz. unless someone tries to "ding" Eliz. for her "move"...lol. and then, Elizabethton's hard work will mean nothing because, again, they have tried to pull a fast one, and Elizabethton coaches or the girls wont know what hit them when they are disqualified. I sure as heck wouldnt appreciate it for my kids. PEOPLE...PLAY BY THE RULES....

listen my daughter plays for unicoi so i have some insight.i have coached this "transfer" since she was 10

and she would have gotten mins here but what is done is done im sure they betsy wouldnt have put her on the

team if they hadnt done research thus i dont believe thier program is in jepordy, i only hope we can wear them out this season lol. so let the girls decide it on the floor the way it should be....go lady devils