All MTSCA AAA TEAM

Guru

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CoachJV, I heard yours say Dance Team was her calling. :roflol: I want to see her first performance. Have a GREAT summer!! :roflol:

You too sir....I hope you don't hold your breath on the dance team. I think she had better stick with softball although she could use some cardio it looks like.....lol. Pitched in 2 games in North Georgia today and heading to Clarksville for 2 more tomorrow. She was worn out on the way home. She smacked a double off the wall in the second game and told me all she could think about on the way to 2nd was she hoped Michael didn't try to make her take 3rd.....lol.

CV threw A LOT today and did a magnificent job! Had the best hit of the day in our 2 games. She's even perfected a brand-new pitch - to me, since we ain't been together in a while - I've personally given the name of 'the wicked'...since our other 2011 pitcher already owns 'the big nasty.' Screwed more than a couple of girls in the ground today and made me want to say to 'em as they walked back to the dugout with their heads down, 'you forgot your shoes!' (you know, 'cause they about swung outta their shoes 'cause they swung so hard; if you don't get it, sorry...anyway...). But, I knew that would make some daddy's mad, so I didn't say it...but, I wanted to! Those pitches always make me lol.

CV threw A LOT today and did a magnificent job! Had the best hit of the day in our 2 games. She's even perfected a brand-new pitch - to me, since we ain't been together in a while - I've personally given the name of 'the wicked'...since our other 2011 pitcher already owns 'the big nasty.' Screwed more than a couple of girls in the ground today and made me want to say to 'em as they walked back to the dugout with their heads down, 'you forgot your shoes!' (you know, 'cause they about swung outta their shoes 'cause they swung so hard; if you don't get it, sorry...anyway...). But, I knew that would make some daddy's mad, so I didn't say it...but, I wanted to! Those pitches always make me lol.

I enjoyed seeing Ms. Connell back on the mound today after her rehab. The 6 innings she pitched were just dominating. That young lady has very bright future ahead of her. I know she struck one kid out twice but the ump wouldn't call it....lol. I am sure they are good umps but honsetly, the one inning that Jackie Baird called balls and strikes was the best called inning I saw...lol...GOOD JOB CATCH!!

Three good teams working to get better. That is what this is all about. Good luck this summer to all the young ladies that were there today. I am sure they will be successful.

The praise will be more deserved when you figure out a way to get it right...the intentions are good but we know where intentions get us...so pardon me for only respecting your intentions....this post has only been edited for the best interest of a kid.

First of all I had nothing to do with the selection but when you are picking All-Stars somebody deserving of it many times are left out. It is hard to get them all. Secondly, again from my observations, yes their intentions are good along with their good deeds.

THIS IS SUCH A JOKE!!! No one is arguing that the MTSCA puts on a good tournament, or gives girls a miniscule amount of scholarship money (like 250-500 at most). I agree the any money given towards college is a great idea. And the tournament has been "pretty" decent over the years. The problem is the "ALL MTSCA TEAM" which shouldn't even be selected at ALL. I mean, really? Just because a coach pays his or her 25 dollars (or whatever it costs) to be a member, doesn't mean they have players who should be on this "ALL whatever" team. Second of all, you have TWO or THREE teams dominating the ENTIRE lists!! Again (because I know what response mrnoitall and guru and the other MEMBERS of the MTSCA board will give) I do not have a daughter who plays softball in high school. Another thing is the fact that they CLAIM coaches are allowed to vote. That is a lie as well. Several coaches who are or have been members have told me that you write in with your own nominations or you can nominate people from other teams. This is ALL you can do. The mysterious MTSCA PEOPLE (which is made up of the 5-6 people on the board) will decide who makes the list. This is the same for the all-star team. It is not about stats or who is the best player. The MTSCA people pick who they want on the team based completely on THEIR opinions. Plus who makes them qualified? The members are a few high school coaches and a few parents. Plus it is a joke anyway. I went to the first two all star games, and after seeing what a joke it was, I haven't been back. What I mean by a joke is that the girls don't try, the play whatever position they want, and there is no coaching involved, it is basically a backyard game of softball, and I can do that at home and not pay to get in!! I have witnessed it and many others have as well. So in my opinion (which doesn't really matter to the MTSCA PEOPLE anyway), this organization DOES run a pretty good tournament (but so do half the schools in Tennessee), this organization does give some pocket change towards college (which agreed, any money is a good thing), and this organization does allow kids to play in an all-star game against Kentucky (which I've heard is a joke as well). But other than that, they have no RIGHT to advertise an "ALL WHATEVER" team like they are the Tennessean or something like that, especially when it is so skewed... And stop posting all the MTSCA stuff on coacht. Use your website (oh wait, it hasn't been updated since the 2008 team...) :wacko:

THIS IS SUCH A JOKE!!! No one is arguing that the MTSCA puts on a good tournament, or gives girls a miniscule amount of scholarship money (like 250-500 at most). I agree the any money given towards college is a great idea. And the tournament has been "pretty" decent over the years. The problem is the "ALL MTSCA TEAM" which shouldn't even be selected at ALL. I mean, really? Just because a coach pays his or her 25 dollars (or whatever it costs) to be a member, doesn't mean they have players who should be on this "ALL whatever" team. Second of all, you have TWO or THREE teams dominating the ENTIRE lists!! Again (because I know what response mrnoitall and guru and the other MEMBERS of the MTSCA board will give) I do not have a daughter who plays softball in high school. Another thing is the fact that they CLAIM coaches are allowed to vote. That is a lie as well. Several coaches who are or have been members have told me that you write in with your own nominations or you can nominate people from other teams. This is ALL you can do. The mysterious MTSCA PEOPLE (which is made up of the 5-6 people on the board) will decide who makes the list. This is the same for the all-star team. It is not about stats or who is the best player. The MTSCA people pick who they want on the team based completely on THEIR opinions. Plus who makes them qualified? The members are a few high school coaches and a few parents. Plus it is a joke anyway. I went to the first two all star games, and after seeing what a joke it was, I haven't been back. What I mean by a joke is that the girls don't try, the play whatever position they want, and there is no coaching involved, it is basically a backyard game of softball, and I can do that at home and not pay to get in!! I have witnessed it and many others have as well. So in my opinion (which doesn't really matter to the MTSCA PEOPLE anyway), this organization DOES run a pretty good tournament (but so do half the schools in Tennessee), this organization does give some pocket change towards college (which agreed, any money is a good thing), and this organization does allow kids to play in an all-star game against Kentucky (which I've heard is a joke as well). But other than that, they have no RIGHT to advertise an "ALL WHATEVER" team like they are the Tennessean or something like that, especially when it is so skewed... And stop posting all the MTSCA stuff on coacht. Use your website (oh wait, it hasn't been updated since the 2008 team...) :wub:

GEEZEEE! this is quite the emotional response, especially for somebody who doesn't have a daughter playing high school ball?? why such a problem with MTSCA? seems like you may be a little more sensitive than is needed :wacko:

THIS IS SUCH A JOKE!!! No one is arguing that the MTSCA puts on a good tournament, or gives girls a miniscule amount of scholarship money (like 250-500 at most). I agree the any money given towards college is a great idea. And the tournament has been "pretty" decent over the years. The problem is the "ALL MTSCA TEAM" which shouldn't even be selected at ALL. I mean, really? Just because a coach pays his or her 25 dollars (or whatever it costs) to be a member, doesn't mean they have players who should be on this "ALL whatever" team. Second of all, you have TWO or THREE teams dominating the ENTIRE lists!! Again (because I know what response mrnoitall and guru and the other MEMBERS of the MTSCA board will give) I do not have a daughter who plays softball in high school. Another thing is the fact that they CLAIM coaches are allowed to vote. That is a lie as well. Several coaches who are or have been members have told me that you write in with your own nominations or you can nominate people from other teams. This is ALL you can do. The mysterious MTSCA PEOPLE (which is made up of the 5-6 people on the board) will decide who makes the list. This is the same for the all-star team. It is not about stats or who is the best player. The MTSCA people pick who they want on the team based completely on THEIR opinions. Plus who makes them qualified? The members are a few high school coaches and a few parents. Plus it is a joke anyway. I went to the first two all star games, and after seeing what a joke it was, I haven't been back. What I mean by a joke is that the girls don't try, the play whatever position they want, and there is no coaching involved, it is basically a backyard game of softball, and I can do that at home and not pay to get in!! I have witnessed it and many others have as well. So in my opinion (which doesn't really matter to the MTSCA PEOPLE anyway), this organization DOES run a pretty good tournament (but so do half the schools in Tennessee), this organization does give some pocket change towards college (which agreed, any money is a good thing), and this organization does allow kids to play in an all-star game against Kentucky (which I've heard is a joke as well). But other than that, they have no RIGHT to advertise an "ALL WHATEVER" team like they are the Tennessean or something like that, especially when it is so skewed... And stop posting all the MTSCA stuff on coacht. Use your website (oh wait, it hasn't been updated since the 2008 team...) :wacko:

My My My. I told my old man, MrNoitAll, I just had to speak up after I heard about your mean spirited post against them people trying to help kids. Goodness gracious - sounds like you have a personal vendetta against a lot of good upstanding folks. I wonder why you are so ugly? You say you don't have a kid? Too bad, a youngin could teach you a thing or two about kindness and just playing "backyard ball" for the simple fun of the game. My friends tell me them kids have a lot of fun just playing to be playing without the stress of coaches and umps and parents a yellin' and hollerin' like their lives depended upon winning the game. You sound like you've lost your kitten. Send out a few posters, holler real loud, talk to some other folks in your backyard and with any luck maybe you can find another kitten. Right now it's a good thing you lost your kitten as I think you would kick a puppy for the fun of it. Out here in the park, we simple folks think a $500.00 dollar scholarship is a great big deal. With half our friends out of work and the economy going south of the border, that money will be put to good use. I doubt them kids will say "shucks no, I don't need the money - you keep it." Why, I remember when one of my neighbor's girls was fortunate enough to get one of them scholarships and we all were so excited the whole trailer park got together with some chips and dips and had a big ol'celebration. My friend Ms. Mary even wore her red lipstick with her new shiny red heels to celebrate their good fortune. She picked up the shoes at Goodwill and was real proud of how she looked standing their next to her younin as the whole family gathered round picture taking. We were so proud of our little neighbor. She was smiling bigger than a corn cob on a hot summer night. Her parents were real proud too! Ms. Mary and I will be sitting on the swing tonight talking about how well her younin is doing in college and how sorry we are you lost your kitten. You poor baby. B l e s s your little heart. Well, I'll go back to cooking my pot of beans. I don't know much about playing ball, but I do know how to feed my ol' man. MrNoitAll is hollering for his favorite banana pudding. I'm coming honey!!! Gotta go. :wub:

Just a word to the writer who does not see the need of the All MTSCA Teams, maybe to you it doesn't mean much. But after 7 years of helping not only senior athletes but families who have lost their loved ones to cancer and grandchildren of umpires who umpire for the love of the game and the girls, I have to make a statement to uncover some of the misconceptions in the post about the voting of coaches in the All Star teams. In the past 7 years the MTSCA has donated back to the sport around $50,000.00, some in scholarships, some in helping families, some in just helping girls whose families have lost their home in a fire. We don't always put out to the public what this organization has done, just to protect the privacy of the families. But those families know and the coaches who help know and frankly that's all that matters. For what it's worth, (and to the public who care, not the ones who just like to find fault), I will give you the numbers taken off of the web page of the web master on the voting process.

This year we had 132 coaches who were members representing 62 schools in Middle Tennessee. Of those 62 schools, 34 school's head coaches voted, more turned in stats and players names, but some did not vote for one reason or the other. Of the 34 head coaches that voted, 671 votes were cast for the 192 players that were nominated. Are there more players from teams like Riverdale, Beech, Dickson, Camden, etc than other teams, yes, but look at the reasons. These were not just good softball teams these were GREAT softball teams. So it stands to reason they would have more on the teams. I have coached for many years, and many of my players have made the Sports Writers All State Team, The Tennessean All Mid State Team, etc. My girls were just as proud to be a member of the MTSCA All Mid State Teams, The All Academic Teams were you have to have a 3.75 avg. to be eligible all are things that you have to work for. You make the statement about stats and stats are used, but stats don't always tell the whole story, when I talk to college coaches they want to know more about how coachable some of these girls are than their stats. I also know my players have made the sports writers All State teams sometimes and not one of the sports writers had ever seen some of those girls play. They called the high school coaches and asked who was the best they played against or those in their district. Our process is not perfect, in a perfect world, we would have every coach in the mid state as members, all of those coaches would nominate their players and all would vote, but that don't happen. Over 50% of our member schools did nominate and vote for these players. That's better than most presidential elections in this county. But to be honest, these awards are for the girls and not the writer of the post that wanted to belittle high school coaches who are trying to get honors for their girls. Sorry, for your bitterness, maybe just maybe you can see the good in something instead of pointing out the bad, but most people do see the good, and if it's for the girls, well that's good enough for me.

noitNOTbusted,

Say it with me real s l o w - l i k e...happy pills!...happy pills!...happy pills! You're a ding-dong, no doubt, but it seems to be because you're prolly not takin' your meds. So, get a princess that can play and get you a team...so you can show us ALL how to do it. :D

MsBirdie,

Welcome, Newbie! :wub:

MTSCA,

Good post. NEVER, EVER let a loser or two spoil your victory! Oh, and thanks! for pickin' my daughter. She's happy as a horse eatin' corn thru a picket fence. And she'll play to win on Wednesday or me and her momma will make her give back that $2,000 y'all gave her for cosmetology school...and sech. We promise.:wacko:

Just a word to the writer who does not see the need of the All MTSCA Teams, maybe to you it doesn't mean much. But after 7 years of helping not only senior athletes but families who have lost their loved ones to cancer and grandchildren of umpires who umpire for the love of the game and the girls, I have to make a statement to uncover some of the misconceptions in the post about the voting of coaches in the All Star teams. In the past 7 years the MTSCA has donated back to the sport around $50,000.00, some in scholarships, some in helping families, some in just helping girls whose families have lost their home in a fire. We don't always put out to the public what this organization has done, just to protect the privacy of the families. But those families know and the coaches who help know and frankly that's all that matters. For what it's worth, (and to the public who care, not the ones who just like to find fault), I will give you the numbers taken off of the web page of the web master on the voting process.

This year we had 132 coaches who were members representing 62 schools in Middle Tennessee. Of those 62 schools, 34 school's head coaches voted, more turned in stats and players names, but some did not vote for one reason or the other. Of the 34 head coaches that voted, 671 votes were cast for the 192 players that were nominated. Are there more players from teams like Riverdale, Beech, Dickson, Camden, etc than other teams, yes, but look at the reasons. These were not just good softball teams these were GREAT softball teams. So it stands to reason they would have more on the teams. I have coached for many years, and many of my players have made the Sports Writers All State Team, The Tennessean All Mid State Team, etc. My girls were just as proud to be a member of the MTSCA All Mid State Teams, The All Academic Teams were you have to have a 3.75 avg. to be eligible all are things that you have to work for. You make the statement about stats and stats are used, but stats don't always tell the whole story, when I talk to college coaches they want to know more about how coachable some of these girls are than their stats. I also know my players have made the sports writers All State teams sometimes and not one of the sports writers had ever seen some of those girls play. They called the high school coaches and asked who was the best they played against or those in their district. Our process is not perfect, in a perfect world, we would have every coach in the mid state as members, all of those coaches would nominate their players and all would vote, but that don't happen. Over 50% of our member schools did nominate and vote for these players. That's better than most presidential elections in this county. But to be honest, these awards are for the girls and not the writer of the post that wanted to belittle high school coaches who are trying to get honors for their girls. Sorry, for your bitterness, maybe just maybe you can see the good in something instead of pointing out the bad, but most people do see the good, and if it's for the girls, well that's good enough for me.

That certainly says it all! Great post!