Marion County Warrior Living Legends 2010

Who are some of the young lads from my former team The Marion County Warriors that will be seeking legend status during the 2010 season. The current head coach that walks the sidelines at David Baxter Stadium achieved legend status two years ago with a deep playoff run but returned to under achieving status last season with another early round playoff loss to Boyd Buchanan. I believe the team had one young lad that was number 10 That's had a shot achieving legend status last season but didn't quite reach that level. What other young lads for Marion will become living legends this year while strapping on the pads at David Baxter Stadium. As usual, I will once again be gracing everyone with my presence at as many games as possible during the season.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see marion county having a rough year having to battle week in and week out. They will be young and inexperienced, but will find some ways to win some games. I see 4 to 5 possible losses this season, with games against south pit, and signal montain in their district schedule. In non district Boyd,sequatchie, and bledsoe will be tough. I see 6 and 4 or 5-5 with a possible 7 win season.

Good-luck to the warriors this season,except for that 1 date against SP. Hey legend,I thought that legend status was achieved by hoisting the gold ball into the air, helping make your team a champion.Please clue me in on your idea of legend status.Cause around here some our best teams ever were treated as less than legends if the gold ball wasn't brought home.

A Living Legend like myself sometimes makes a mistake. I now remember my Marion boys being behind in that game and winning it late. A legend like myself had to take time to go to a bigger game that week. So what young lads for the purple and white should be considered for legend status? I have been told of one young lad that people say runs the football like some other past living legends ran the ball. Cokey Pryor and Jim Cheaves were living legends in their prime during the early 80s. What young lad at Marion are people saying is following in these two legends footsteps?

• 4 weeks later...

I am still waiting to hear about any young lads that have a chance to achieve legend status this season while laying it on the line for the purple. Marion County has many living legend posters that I have not seen respond in awhile. Where are these living legend posters. I feel as though Marion County has now gotten rid of all the extra baggage coaches and they will be better off without them. It is refreshing to know that the young lads in purple and white will be coached by an outstanding group of coaches without all of those extra baggae coaches they have permitted to grace the sidelines the past several seasons.

I am still waiting to hear about any young lads that have a chance to achieve legend status this season while laying it on the line for the purple. Marion County has many living legend posters that I have not seen respond in awhile. Where are these living legend posters. I feel as though Marion County has now gotten rid of all the extra baggage coaches and they will be better off without them. It is refreshing to know that the young lads in purple and white will be coached by an outstanding group of coaches without all of those extra baggae coaches they have permitted to grace the sidelines the past several seasons.

:thumb: Atta boy Mr. Living Legend!!! Now that's what I've been waiting for! It's very refreshing and almost brings a tear to my eye for a wanna-be living legend like myself to see the original Living Legend bodyslamming some folks. :unsure::popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...

From what I hear around the town, they are rebuilding again, but have a pretty good arsenal between 8th and 10th grade. Supposedly the QB will be a sophmore that has been running the veer for a while, and is getting shown the proper way to run it by an ex-QB back in the day for Colquitte. Should be interesting. I was told the soph can throw 60 yds in the air so we will see. Umm, some changes at RB. I hear the last name Tucker (SR, I think), and a young hoss named Jeb (soph). Outside of that #10 should be decent, if the effort is there. Good luck Warriors. Maybe you won't be looking for a nother head coach at the end of the season :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

From what I hear around the town, they are rebuilding again, but have a pretty good arsenal between 8th and 10th grade. Supposedly the QB will be a sophmore that has been running the veer for a while, and is getting shown the proper way to run it by an ex-QB back in the day for Colquitte. Should be interesting. I was told the soph can throw 60 yds in the air so we will see. Umm, some changes at RB. I hear the last name Tucker (SR, I think), and a young hoss named Jeb (soph). Outside of that #10 should be decent, if the effort is there. Good luck Warriors. Maybe you won't be looking for a nother head coach at the end of the season :roflol:

Hum... Old Pirate is wondering which former QB is helping?