Cosby 2010

az5

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

dreaming big?

Dreaming big. Really? Cosby has been closer to a region title than anyone else in Carter County the last few years other than Hampton. I think it will be a tight race this year between Cosby , Hampton , and Unaka. N.G., Hancock , and Cloudland will be the bottom 3 not necesarily in that order.

It'll come down to 4 teams, and Cosby will definately be one of the 4. They were really young last season, got nearly everyone back, and then they have Herzog. Hampton lost nearly all their lineman, but this group has worked really hard, you can count on them to be in the running. Cloudland lost several, but they should be able to replace most of the departures without skipping a beat.They have several talented young guys that will have to step up, they are not going to be overwhelmed. All Iknow about Unaka is they have the QB back.Thats a BIG plus, if he has any help ,they could be tough. I don't think at this point ,you could say any of the 4 is head and shoulders above the rest. All I can say is ,TOUCH GLOVES AND COME OUT FIGHTING. Don't look now but FOOTBALL season is here.

It'll come down to 4 teams, and Cosby will definately be one of the 4. They were really young last season, got nearly everyone back, and then they have Herzog. Hampton lost nearly all their lineman, but this group has worked really hard, you can count on them to be in the running. Cloudland lost several, but they should be able to replace most of the departures without skipping a beat.They have several talented young guys that will have to step up, they are not going to be overwhelmed. All Iknow about Unaka is they have the QB back.Thats a BIG plus, if he has any help ,they could be tough. I don't think at this point ,you could say any of the 4 is head and shoulders above the rest. All I can say is ,TOUCH GLOVES AND COME OUT FIGHTING. Don't look now but FOOTBALL season is here.

The only 2 teams I would count out right now would be N.G. and Hancock. N.G. looked pretty good in the 7 on 7 though. Hancock may be a bit better this year but it wont get them in the top 3 or 4. It will come down to who worked harder in the off season and wants it more in the end. Should be an exciting season in good ole region 1A! Full on practice starts next week , it's almost football time!

The only 2 teams I would count out right now would be N.G. and Hancock. N.G. looked pretty good in the 7 on 7 though. Hancock may be a bit better this year but it wont get them in the top 3 or 4. It will come down to who worked harder in the off season and wants it more in the end. Should be an exciting season in good ole region 1A! Full on practice starts next week , it's almost football time!

North Greene always looks good at 7 on 7. They put their best athlete at QB and always have a few that can catch the ball. Too bad when the season rolls around they won't be able to do much because their line will stink and won't be able to protect that good athlete at QB.

North Greene always looks good at 7 on 7. They put their best athlete at QB and always have a few that can catch the ball. Too bad when the season rolls around they won't be able to do much because their line will stink and won't be able to protect that good athlete at QB.

I have to admit that NG looked better and much more disciplined in the 7 on 7 than I have ever seen them. That being said the talent level is too far off for them to compete with the big boys this year. They do seem to be headed in the right direction though. My predicted order of finish will be Hampton, Cosby, Unaka, Cloudland, NG and Hancock. If Lunsfod will let Hampton mix it up on offense and be somewhat balanced, Hampton will be very hard to stop. If they run 90% of the time and only throw then they have to, they will lose when they play the really good teams. They have 2 absolute bruisers at RB and teams will hate to tackle those 2 by the end of the game. If they can get Hassett to get his head right and become dedicated, he will give them the definate speed factor to go with those bruisers and I could see Hampton running the table in the regular season.

I have to admit that NG looked better and much more disciplined in the 7 on 7 than I have ever seen them. That being said the talent level is too far off for them to compete with the big boys this year. They do seem to be headed in the right direction though. My predicted order of finish will be Hampton, Cosby, Unaka, Cloudland, NG and Hancock. If Lunsfod will let Hampton mix it up on offense and be somewhat balanced, Hampton will be very hard to stop. If they run 90% of the time and only throw then they have to, they will lose when they play the really good teams. They have 2 absolute bruisers at RB and teams will hate to tackle those 2 by the end of the game. If they can get Hassett to get his head right and become dedicated, he will give them the definate speed factor to go with those bruisers and I could see Hampton running the table in the regular season.

An undefeated season is something you should definately strive for ,but those seasons are as rare as chicken lips.I'd say you could combine all the schools in Carter Co and countt the number of undefeated seasons on both hands. It would take a really good team,they would have to stay healthy and have a little luck Its not out of the question, but a loss in the first gane wouldn;t shock me. Ithink Hampton will have both hands full in several games. aS FOR NOW I really don;t know how good they will be,After they get a couple of games under their belts, I'll have alot better Idea. The only thing that concerns me is , were going to be playing several kids that don;t have alot of experience. Its just a matter of haw much they can learn between now and the 1st game. Ihave a good feeling about this team, that being said, you never know how good you're opponents are going to be. Either way it goes ,I'll be there routing them on.