Polk vs Bradley Central

DmacDaddy

I been sitting here watching you post on Polk's site.. Let me fill you in on a few details 1st. You talk about Insanity....In the last 10 years Polk's Ole slow team has owned Meigs. You all have 1 win in 10 years against Polk..2nd They coach there Athletes to the strength of there players, and I might add it works. I promise you if they ever get kids with 4.4 speed they will coach them to there strenghts and do other things. Year in and year out Polk is near or at the top in the region you know so much about coaching you should go help Meigs win more than 5 or 6 games a year,and if Bradley County is always "cellar Dwellers" why dont Meigs play them.So when you post something make sure you know the facts before you run off at the mouth.Oh yea look back at all the teams Polk has played with DIV 1 players and WON the way you kill speed is stand them up and call roll.I hope you learned something from this post you can Go coach Meigs up....

I agree with you 100 percent. Davis and his staff do a great job with that and are great role models. With that the day is finally here and I know everyone is excited. I'm looking for Polk to come out of the gate with that hard hitting and swarming defense. Teh offense to just pound pound pound the ball. Should be a great game and good luck to both teams on a injury free game. GO POLK

I been sitting here watching you post on Polk's site.. Let me fill you in on a few details 1st. You talk about Insanity....In the last 10 years Polk's Ole slow team has owned Meigs. You all have 1 win in 10 years against Polk..2nd They coach there Athletes to the strength of there players, and I might add it works. I promise you if they ever get kids with 4.4 speed they will coach them to there strenghts and do other things. Year in and year out Polk is near or at the top in the region you know so much about coaching you should go help Meigs win more than 5 or 6 games a year,and if Bradley County is always "cellar Dwellers" why dont Meigs play them.So when you post something make sure you know the facts before you run off at the mouth.Oh yea look back at all the teams Polk has played with DIV 1 players and WON the way you kill speed is stand them up and call roll.I hope you learned something from this post you can Go coach Meigs up....

Dont get your panties in a bunch. i have watched polk for many years--what they do they do well. everybody knows that. I would like to see them defend the spread a little better--so they can go further in the play-offs.(ie.loudon last year).Can you not discuss the facts without getting mad.And i didnt call bradley celler dwellers---one of your big red nation did.Relax and enjoy high school football!it shoudnt be that serious!

Edited by allwaysright

Are you sure that Meigs has only beaten Polk once in the last 10 years? Best I remember, Meigs won the former District outright in 2006 amd 2007. How many District Championships has Polk won in that 10 year span?

Polk is a great team and I wish them well the rest of the season. Watching the game it looked to me that Bradley had allot more athletes and speed,usually that equals wins. I was suprised that Polk looked worn out in the 4th. Allen is a great player for Polk.

Polk and Bradley will both be in the Playoff's. Good luck.

Polk is a great team and I wish them well the rest of the season. Watching the game it looked to me that Bradley had allot more athletes and speed,usually that equals wins. I was suprised that Polk looked worn out in the 4th. Allen is a great player for Polk.

polk got tired? that just doesn't happen does it?? was polk able to hold on to the football?

polk got tired? that just doesn't happen does it?? was polk able to hold on to the football?

No they laid the ball on the ground a few times. The first Bradley TD was set up by a Polk fumble returned to the 1 yard line. Then in the 4th trailing by 3, Bradley punted and Polk let it bounce and it hit the receiver and Bradley got it on the 10 and scored. Soon after, Allen threw an interception to a Bear linerbacker to lock it up. Polk couldn't do much on offense at all. Bradley was better and faster, but without the turnovers probably still wouldn't have won. Polk didn't look as good as last year, and Bradley didn't look like they would win any games that they shouldn't win this year. 6,700 paid attendance though and great atmosphere. Overall though, average football, nothing spectacular.

Bradley in the playoffs? :roflol:

I'm not a die hard bear fan, but they are allot better than most of the teams in our area this season, especially the small rural teams who all lost a ton of talent .. If you look at the bc schedule , they may very well start out 6-0 or 5-1. Cleveland will be the biggest early test and they get them at home.

what happened polk fans? and before ya'll blast me for my chargers gettin spanked by mcminn, we just got beat by a better team. i thought polk was better than bradley? fill a friendly charger fan in on this one.

BC came in looking for payback.Colbaugh had a heckuva game.The big guy running it was mowing 'em D-own - period.But after we got 8 on 'em ,I heard some air come outta there sideline.Polk,,,,,,, BC kinda got in there heads,with the little mistakes that cost Polk big.I.E the kick off miss , the pick, etc.The jitters -ACK ! Still proud of our boys,and no ,they weren't tired in the fourth.Disappointed in their effort maybe,but certainly not tired.Will be some serious work going on at practice the rest of the year methinks.If they needed the proverbial eyeopener ,this should suffice.

Rockon Big Red.

I'm not a die hard bear fan, but they are allot better than most of the teams in our area this season, especially the small rural teams who all lost a ton of talent .. If you look at the bc schedule , they may very well start out 6-0 or 5-1. Cleveland will be the biggest early test and they get them at home.

Well, unfortunately for Bradley, they don't play small rural teams every week. Bradley's OOD (out-of-district) schedule is weak. While it may pad their wins and make them feel-good beating schools half their size, the reality hits when they play the big boys of their District. Bradley won't be in the playoffs....that you can count on.