Polk vs Bradley Central

DmacDaddy

Who are Polks All State Linebackers ?

i usually dont post very often but this is just funny...

i went to the game last year out of shear curiosity and was both very impressed and disappointed. I have many many years of coaching a very successful team in the birmingham area and bradley must have had an epiphany if they plan on stopping polk's offense not to mention that heart and conditioning.

first off... polk doesnt run a true wing-t. if you prepare for a true wing-t you will get embarrased again. they run an old school variation of the wing-t that has way too many wrinkle options. also, i checked that program while i was there last year and all of their skill positions will be returning if everyone is still playing and healthy. that means bigger, stronger faster!

second...bradley will have to set aside their player and coaching staff arrogance and get their fannies in condition. i dont just mean lifting weights either. thats great for one shot one kill plays but in order to compete with polk's great conditioning bradely will have to run thousands of short and long sprints.

third...bradley had no heart at all in that game. their star athletes are typical selfish athletes. when things are going their way they are on fire but when the goin gets tough they look for a way to hit the side lines. from backs to lineman, if the player asks to be subbed out for a few plays they need to stay on the sideline because they will hurt their team. i saw all of bradley's lineman and their small "speedster" ask to come out on a regular basis. i guess thats easy to do though when you're getting your mouth busted every single play.

fourth...i will very interested to see how the bradley wirey quarterback responds to being planted repeatedly by both of polks all-state d1 linebackers. i hear around town this kid has an amazing arm and i dont doubt that he does but its hard to throw when your beat up that badly.

believe it or not i dont really care for either team but a lot of things better have changed for bradley for them to beat this small country smash mouth team with great coaching and since they have the same coaching staff i imagine that there has not been too much changed. i would have loved to try and coach against both of these teams. would have been fun.

good luck to both teams and i am going to try to make it to polk for this years season opener. should be interesting. can anyone tell me how early i would need to get there to actually get a seat?

Just curious, who are Polks D1 All-State Linebackers?

Wondering the same thing myself? The Hargrove kid has played DE the last few years. I believe he made some All-State Lists in 2009. Very good player. When was the last Polk County player to sign D1? Mike Hammonds signed a few years ago at UTC (a step below D1)?

Wondering the same thing myself? The Hargrove kid has played DE the last few years. I believe he made some All-State Lists in 2009. Very good player. When was the last Polk County player to sign D1? Mike Hammonds signed a few years ago at UTC (a step below D1)?

UTC is DIV I. In football they are in the Football Championship Subdivision, FCS as opposed to the Football Bowl Subdivision, FBS. FCS is the new name for Div I-AA. SEC schools, now FBS, were in the Div I-A. I-AA schools compete at the NCAA Div I level in all sports, such as basketball, softball, golf, etc.

So, no, Hammonds did not sign below Div I. He signed below Div I-A, but above Div II and Div III.

Hargrove didn't play De last year and won't this year he was moved to LB last year and did a great job and should do they same this year. Polk's o lile and d line should winthe battle in the trenches and with all the skill postions coming back and the way Coach Davis runs that program Polk should come out on top. Polk did lose some very good players last year but Davis always finds the talent to replace the departed seniors. This Polk team will be scary this year they have played together since they was 5 years old. Tehy play with heart and Polk PRIDE adn a never back down mind set. These boys are ready to play and I can't wait 4 more weeks and its game time. Should be a packed house and a great game. GO POLK

We watched the Polk / Howard scrimmage last night.Great to be back at the field. Alas,,GOT TO HOLD ON TO THE FRIGGIN' BALL boys.! Looking good tho.Big Al will fill the Bussey shoes to the max,Sweet pick. Saxe keepin' the feet movin' too.I'd love that up the gut till ?,like forever,LOL. Go Big Red. Gonna enjoy ALL a this season!

Got to get out and watch the ER scrimmage last night and Polk has made some great progress and learned how to hold onto the ball. Good to see a large group of the Bradley players out to take a gander at their upcoming competition too. Means they're wondering what's what and who's who this year I guess. Polk's size is still on the low end but the youngsters waiting in the ranks look like some hawgs!!!! All in all a fairly good round of ball and ER has some progress to make but has a couple really quick backs that will give some teams a fit if they miss a couple tackles. Very moblie and quick feet. :thumb:

the only d1 players that will be on the field for polk co are d1 baseball players. utc is d1.... ive heard that polk looks as good this year as last year. also it would not be wise for bradley to underestimate the speed of pc. they have some guys that can move too....