Clark is the wrong person for a great job

smitty33

good young lady, good person, good family, good coach and good hire

Great hire.

The Shelbyville Sportshop AAU dynasty started withering when RI took the MTSU job. They went to the NIKE exposure program. Then Matt I took a job as an asstistant, I think at KY. Things went down hill and now the NIKE exposure program works out of Knoxville. :wub:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Camps are a great place to hear the latest scuttlebut. Alot of talk about building the SHS program with Sh_ville girls & girls moving to Sh_ville to play. All you informed people out there confirm or refute this for me. "The attend and play at SHS you don't have to live in Sh_ville or even Bedford county. You only have to request admission and be approved by the school system. You can live wherever you wish." Heard this is written policy!!

Congrats Allison Clark for the job! From one Eaglette to another, you can do the job! It takes a SPECIAL person to take over the Shelbyville Eaglette Basketball Program. Allison, like many other past Eaglettes, have always dreamed of coming back to help the program that got her to where she is now. It is very true that many of the players did not want Tom Insell to get the job because of how they have seen him treat other players in Nike Flight ball in the summer. Tom does not know how to coach average girls. Anyone can win games when you go out and get the best players in the country. I played for Tom in AAU since i was 10 and i loved playing when we knew we had a coach at our games to coach us. Last summer, we (my team) never had a coach until probably midway thru our games. Coach Dee Bell would run over and catch us playing and coach us. You have to be committed to this program to do the job! Allison has lived and went thru it, won some State Championships along the way. The only reason the Flight program is where it is today is because of Matt Insell! He turned that program into what it is!!! Tom just got it because Matt went to Kentucky, where he is doing a great job!! Now, SCHS & the Shelbyville community is VERY HAPPY with the selection of the coach. & I know for a fact that the girls on the team are now very excited about the upcoming year. & i can promise you this, there are no transfers coming in. all of these girls are natives & from Shelbyville. :D Good Luck my Eaglettes! Prove them alllllll wrong!

Good luck Ally! I can't wait to come back and watch your team play and win! :wub:

I'm not an expert, but i don't think that's the case. i looked on the school district's website, but couldn't find any policies on residency and enrollment. I know when I registered my kids in bedford county schools, i had to provide two different proofs of address.

it is true that all Bedford County schools are open to any student who is a resident of the county (meaning, my child could be zoned for Cascade, but can choose to attend either Shelbyville Central or Community High School, as long as I am willing to provide transportation). the zoning really only applies to the bus routes. but i don't think that "open school" policy applies to non-Bedford county residents. The exception, i would think, would be if a child's parent worked for the school district, for example, some people in nearby Coffee county are teachers in Bedford county schools.

Sorry I can't offer a more definitive answer...this is just my opinion based on what I've personally experienced here.

Congrats Allison Clark for the job! From one Eaglette to another, you can do the job! It takes a SPECIAL person to take over the Shelbyville Eaglette Basketball Program. Allison, like many other past Eaglettes, have always dreamed of coming back to help the program that got her to where she is now. It is very true that many of the players did not want Tom Insell to get the job because of how they have seen him treat other players in Nike Flight ball in the summer. Tom does not know how to coach average girls. Anyone can win games when you go out and get the best players in the country. I played for Tom in AAU since i was 10 and i loved playing when we knew we had a coach at our games to coach us. Last summer, we (my team) never had a coach until probably midway thru our games. Coach Dee Bell would run over and catch us playing and coach us. You have to be committed to this program to do the job! Allison has lived and went thru it, won some State Championships along the way. The only reason the Flight program is where it is today is because of Matt Insell! He turned that program into what it is!!! Tom just got it because Matt went to Kentucky, where he is doing a great job!! Now, SCHS & the Shelbyville community is VERY HAPPY with the selection of the coach. & I know for a fact that the girls on the team are now very excited about the upcoming year. & i can promise you this, there are no transfers coming in. all of these girls are natives & from Shelbyville. :D Good Luck my Eaglettes! Prove them alllllll wrong!

Good luck Ally! I can't wait to come back and watch your team play and win! :wub:

This is the best post on this thread! Well stated!

Congrats to ALLIE CLARK and good luck with coaching the girls at Shelbyville. I am so excited I will get to watch her coach the next for years at Shelbyville as we are in that district :wub: . Alot of new coaches in our district with many distinctions. With Allie at Shelbyville, Tia Stovall at Tullahoma and I am still crossing fingers that Franklin County will get a "just as learned and basketball experienced" coach as the previous two, things are looking up^. If you look at the overall picture, these ladies are grooming the next generation for greatness. ANY girl would be lucky to have true hearted & basketball loving coaches as Shelbyville and Tullahoma have been fortunate enough to obtain.

ALLIE will do a fantastic job, to say otherwise, just aint so. Go Get'em ALLIE!!!!!

I'm not an expert, but i don't think that's the case. i looked on the school district's website, but couldn't find any policies on residency and enrollment. I know when I registered my kids in bedford county schools, i had to provide two different proofs of address.

it is true that all Bedford County schools are open to any student who is a resident of the county (meaning, my child could be zoned for Cascade, but can choose to attend either Shelbyville Central or Community High School, as long as I am willing to provide transportation). the zoning really only applies to the bus routes. but i don't think that "open school" policy applies to non-Bedford county residents. The exception, i would think, would be if a child's parent worked for the school district, for example, some people in nearby Coffee county are teachers in Bedford county schools.

Sorry I can't offer a more definitive answer...this is just my opinion based on what I've personally experienced here.

I really don't know if written or not written and rules seem to be whatever someone wants them BUT the rule you are talking about is heard around a number of Counties and even for teachers who have residence in another county generally as a courtesy and convenience. My pay grade doesn't allow me to know how and why but my sense of fairness tells me if it needs to be done, it should be done for a teacher.

OK... This was too easy. Bedford County Board of Education Policy Num. 6.204 Issued 7/15/99

http://www.tsba.net/production/detail.a ... 6&iBoard=1

Guess there are some out there that know what they are talking about!!

If anyone reads this site much, this rule is asked about quite often and commonly misquoted. Approval is the key word. You should know about it though and your neighbor to the south accepts students in their special school district from counties around them. Costs them money though to do it, I believe. Most counties try to be accomodating

and fair. Most schools also but the word is approval. Counties with a number of small schools cannot have specialized subjects in every school, I have heard, so accomadation to the needs of the student may be a primary criteria.