Umpires Pay Increase Rescinded

binns37388

Easy on this one, I can hear it now. Board oF Coontrol has recommended making TSSAA official overseeing body of Booster Clubs. They must register with the schools and pay the team fees. The elected officials must be certified and pay a fee. The must attend classes each year. The school must pay for their membership status. And, they will need to send a person to attend each meeting to oversee (He will be scheduled as all other officials). Oh and at the end of the year, there gonna take 33 1/3 of you net just because they can.

Sounds like funm but they find a way to dip into those accounts??? :popcorneater:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I officiate another sport, but have always stated that every ref should have to coach a year and every coach shoud have to ref a year. Then both sides sees and walks in the others shoes, that could be justification of raises or not.

Officials do have lots of costs, TSSAA state fees, association fees for booking, gear and testing not to mention the travel. Officials have to travel further and further because there are less and less officials now in all sports due to the expense, especially the beginning years where they only get the experience and are paid less with middle and jv/freshman events. So the distance an official has to travel can be a long ways especially when they are probably going from their place of employment. If more officials were available and took the time to get qualified the opportunity to advance would be there and less distances to call the events.

I have been an assistant and head coach and still officiated my sport during my season. Coaches should think about it officiating, best way to see your competition compete.