Best TC Games Ever

TCstinger

Uncle Dave thinks you TC folks have forgotten 3 very good games between the Pirates and the Jackets...probably because them Jackets lost their stingers in 2 of those games...LOL!! We definitely enjoy playing TC but it has cost both of us a few extra state titles. If I am thinking correctly, we have played 8 games and are tied at 4 wins a piece???

1993 - Jackets 16 Pirates 14

1994 - Pirates win on a reverse option play

1999 - Pirates win with Sam Pickett leading the charge

It is the defense's job to stop the offense plain and simple.

If the freshmen are in the game, let them run the offense and let them try to score. I know if I was a freshmen playing, I wouldn't want to come out on 4th and 1 to kick a field goal, and that's valuable game experience for the future.

If someone has a problem with it, then they should try not to get beat 91-0.

Croz you are correct. :thumb: Heck if Gordonsville beats TC 91 - 0 this year I would definately come on Coach T and say that we deserved it. I would probably even laugh about. :roflol:

1988 TC vs DCA... TC leading with seconds to go,with the ball, inside the 20 yd line....and Scooter picks up a fumble and rumbles 90 yds or so...what a heartbreaker. That was the game that lit the fire. TC hasn't had a losing season since.

....Or missed the playoffs :thumb: The funky thing about that play was that RS's knee was already down I believe, and so was Scooter's after he scooped up the ball. Looked that way to me but I could be wrong. It was 22 years ago. :oops: Felt so bad for coach and RS on that deal. But that was Coach's first trip to the playoffs as the head coach I think. Great game though.

Edited by TCstinger

I have been wanting to do this for a while. If this thread has already been on here, please tell. Just some of my favorite games I wanted to share. It should give the haters and fans alike a chance to chime in with some good ole smack or maybe some great memories. :popcorneater:

1. South Pittsburg vs TC 1998 (TC Payne took control. It's in my video collection for a quick fix)

2. FRA vs TC 1990 (Freezing temps, kerosene and Mungle, Harper and Gregory. Need I say more)

3. Hazelwood, AL vs TC 1999 (Seesaw match, nearly got sick watching it)

4. TC vs SP 2008 (Two great foes)

5. FCA vs TC 2005 (Dillehay da man)

6. TC vs Boyd Buchannan 2009 (Anytime you spank a private school it's gratifying)

7. TC vs Portland 2001 (Portland's domination ends after they spanked us in the regular season)

8. TC vs Brentwood Academy 1978 (My brother was on this team****see #6 please)

9. TC vs Russelville, KY 1996 (Man that was a long drive up there. Venue reminded me of Smith Co.)

T-10. TC vs Monterey 1997 and TC vs RBS 2005 (Broke the scoreboards...JK) :unsure:

#11. there was another score board broken in either 1930/31 season.. wont mention the school or score, someone just might take it the wrong way (a close by RED TEAM community & the word was they burned their jerseys after the game... lets just say it was tripple digits - O

#11. there was another score board broken in either 1930/31 season.. wont mention the school or score, someone just might take it the wrong way (a close by RED TEAM community & the word was they burned their jerseys after the game... lets just say it was tripple digits - O

You are correct Ole3putt. I will only refer to them as the egrets. :roflolk: I often forget that we live in the United States of the offended. :oops: If I'm not mistaken, that was Westmoreland's, oops, I mean the egrets first high school football game ever. TC had 19 members on Coach McIlwain's team that season. The "Phil Dickens days." :thumb: