• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order would be:

WarrenCo.

Cookeville

CumberlandCo.

CoffeeCo.

WhiteCo.

Warren County:From what I have read on here, Warren County returns a lot and has a steller coaching staff that is looking at turning the corner with the ever improving program. With Robinson and their backfield,they have the talent and skill to win what should be a very competeive league.

Cookeville:Lost quite a few players but as usual coach Joslin's bunch are simply going to reload. With a nice tailback and experienced secondary, the Caveliers should be in a familiar position come season's end.

Cumberland County:Return their whole backfield and most of their skill players. Bowen and Howard ran for a combined 2000yds last season and with another year of speed growth, look for that combo to be much more effective. The Offensive line has looked pretty good in the spring scrimages and they have good size. Coach Partin and crew are starting to get the group coached up and and early season stretch where 4 of the first 5 games are against playoff teams from last year is going to be key. A 3-0 start could make the Cookeville game interesting. Look for the Jets to be competitive in all the district games with a playoff appearance possible.

Coffee County:Don't know much about them other than they are usually big fairly athletic and they should be pretty effecient on offense and defense. They have run the same base offense and defense for years and Coach Nunley has the respect of other coaches and players for a reason.

White County: Other than a decent QB what do they have? Our neighbors to the west were less than impressive last year but somehow managed to make a playoff appearance and showed fairly well. Can the Warriors take last year's momentum to a higher ranking in the distict? We shall see.

As for prospects: Robinson Warren County FBS he has offers from 10 or 11 FBS schools, Bowen Cumberland County plays qb will probably end up at WR,TE or S. The Tailback Cookeville Low FBS/FCS, Those are the only ones that I have heard of so far as going some level of d1, but I am sure there are many others.

WC wins it all. Two words Cody Robinson.

Cody Robinson, is a good player, but I dont think he is so dominant that he will carry the team on his back and lead them single handedly to the title. Remember there are plenty of other big strong players in this league that can hold him in check most of the game. He isnt fast enough to run you down, he will be schemed for by the likes of partin, joslin, and nunley, and with so many teams already knowing about him he wont surprise anybody. I know the Cumberland County Line is pretty big and has some pretty strong players and so does Coffee County. Cookeville always seems to have a way to nullify a team's better players and will scheme to chip and chop him and double if necessary to help against him. I remember when I played Cookeville how difficult them made my life and I was as big and strong as Cody. Unfortunately for us taller guys, the 6foot tall 260-280 pound guys that this league has always been loaded with tend to get leverage on us if we arent extremely careful, and in the game I saw Cody play in he tended to play a little high.

However, I do too believe that WC wins it all because they have enough overall talent and balance to win 3 of 4 district games. It wouldn't surprise me to see the winner of the district go 3-1 this season.

I think it will go like this WCHS 3-1 L to Coffee, CHS 3-1 L to Warren, CCHS 2-2 L to Cookeville and Warren, CCCHS Loss to Cookeville and Cumberland, WCHS 0-4

IMO Cody has carried WC for many years. Look at some of last years games CUmberland Co. Game CC was up by 7 and driving and Cody stripped the ball and recovered it. In tullahoma he had a ton of big hits. In Rhea he had 8 out of the first 10 tackles. He is the only reason that game didn't get ugly. I think is what makes him so special is his ability to be a game changer. He has the speed toveun guys down and when you're 6'4 you are going to play higher than a 6'0 guy.

I agree with you about the scheming stuff. That is where other guys better step up and hopefully having some real coaches will help. I pick WC to win and go 9-1 overall.

My order would be:

WarrenCo.

Cookeville

CumberlandCo.

CoffeeCo.

WhiteCo.

Warren County:From what I have read on here, Warren County returns a lot and has a steller coaching staff that is looking at turning the corner with the ever improving program. With Robinson and their backfield,they have the talent and skill to win what should be a very competeive league.

Cookeville:Lost quite a few players but as usual coach Joslin's bunch are simply going to reload. With a nice tailback and experienced secondary, the Caveliers should be in a familiar position come season's end.

Cumberland County:Return their whole backfield and most of their skill players. Bowen and Howard ran for a combined 2000yds last season and with another year of speed growth, look for that combo to be much more effective. The Offensive line has looked pretty good in the spring scrimages and they have good size. Coach Partin and crew are starting to get the group coached up and and early season stretch where 4 of the first 5 games are against playoff teams from last year is going to be key. A 3-0 start could make the Cookeville game interesting. Look for the Jets to be competitive in all the district games with a playoff appearance possible.

Coffee County:Don't know much about them other than they are usually big fairly athletic and they should be pretty effecient on offense and defense. They have run the same base offense and defense for years and Coach Nunley has the respect of other coaches and players for a reason.

White County: Other than a decent QB what do they have? Our neighbors to the west were less than impressive last year but somehow managed to make a playoff appearance and showed fairly well. Can the Warriors take last year's momentum to a higher ranking in the distict? We shall see.

As for prospects: Robinson Warren County FBS he has offers from 10 or 11 FBS schools, Bowen Cumberland County plays qb will probably end up at WR,TE or S. The Tailback Cookeville Low FBS/FCS, Those are the only ones that I have heard of so far as going some level of d1, but I am sure there are many others.

I am a sequoyah fan i would just like to tell u what i seen from the cumberland county sequoyah scrimage in the spring............... cumberland county looked to be very athletic with a quick qb who could throw the ball accurately a pretty good distance the defense for the jets looked decent........ the weakness this team will have is when a team just wonts to run it up the middle on them sequoyah had no problem in driving down the field by simply handing it off down the middle but overall the JETS look to be very goood i will predict playoffs for them

My order would be:

WarrenCo.

Cookeville

CumberlandCo.

CoffeeCo.

WhiteCo.

I am a sequoyah fan i would just like to tell u what i seen from the cumberland county sequoyah scrimage in the spring............... cumberland county looked to be very athletic with a quick qb who could throw the ball accurately a pretty good distance the defense for the jets looked decent........ the weakness this team will have is when a team just wonts to run it up the middle on them sequoyah had no problem in driving down the field by simply handing it off down the middle but overall the JETS look to be very goood i will predict playoffs for them

Thanks for the info on Cumberland Co. gatorfan I think they have revenge on their minds this year all the way around, Hope every team doesn't pass them up thinking they will be an easy win because from what everyone has said is that they are much improve this year

IMO Cody has carried WC for many years.

You have been smoking some bad weed!!! Cody is a beast but he is only a piece of the puzzle that make this class winners. If you look at the stats last year he was about middle of the pack in tackles. Thrower, Northcutt, Rhea are players that need to be talked about this year. They are the ones that never come off the field and are the backbone of this team. Cody will make a great OL in college whichever school is lucky enough to get him although I hope to see a few more players getting talked about to play at the next level to!

IMO Cody has carried WC for many years.

You have been smoking some bad weed!!! Cody is a beast but he is only a piece of the puzzle that make this class winners. If you look at the stats last year he was about middle of the pack in tackles. Thrower, Northcutt, Rhea are players that need to be talked about this year. They are the ones that never come off the field and are the backbone of this team. Cody will make a great OL in college whichever school is lucky enough to get him although I hope to see a few more players getting talked about to play at the next level to!

Bofore you start bashing me thos is JMO. You don't just talk about players for no reason. How many offers do they have or even looks for that matter? The proof Is in the pudding. I am I not the smartest guy being only a college student however a DLineman will not lead a team in tackles because if he starts to you double and triple team them. How many times have you saw a LB double teamed? Cody leads that team and a lot of this season depends on him and the OL. Dustin is a great kid. I don't know much about Northcutt. Thrower should worry more about his ethics then his football IMO.