District 8 AA

raider99

Pattpeepers, there was a deep breath.........followed by a lon sigh......and a major eye roll.

Never thought I would hear those words.......CC#1 followed by CC#1 AGAIN...... :roflolk:

Somebody said earlier that this would be Maynord's toughest challenge.........I don't know that it will be any tougher than other years. Kids come, kids go (everywhere).....each bunch brings a different skill, or skill level. The coaches look at what they have and maximize the strengths. Changing offenses and defenses if necessary. Sometimes you have to change systems to meet the talent they have instead of have the kids try to fit in a specific system. Find what they do best and perfect it.

Could be interesting this year. SC replacing a number of experienced players, can Shrenk maintain or a 1 year wonder, LA made a little noise last year, York has to replace a # of players, DC Poteete(less) and needs somebody that can tackle.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea that the quarterback from Cannon County moved back to Georgia. I picked him on the preseason all-state team this year. I am sorry to hear that he will not be playing football in the state of Tennessee this year. He was a fine player.

I would pick Smith County to win the district. They lose Johnston and some good linemen on both sides of the football as well as 2 outstanding linebackers in Tongate and Brey but they will still be very well coached. Wakefield's return from injury will help them tremendously and Pinson is still there as a solid player at linebacker. Joshua Johnston is also back. He is the best receiver/defensive back in this entire district easily.

While some joke about Livingston Academy from 2006-2008 there would have been a LOT of teams that would have failed in the region they were playing in at that time. Fulton & Knoxville Catholic were powerhouses during that period of time and both Austn East & Anderson County weren't too shabby either. When Joel Schrenk left Northwest to take this job I was even laughing but after the job he did last year I think people are going to take the folks in Hog Eye Country a bit more seriously this season.

The job that Steve Trapp has done at DeKalb County may be the best coaching job in the entire state over the course of the last 5 years. He was hired as a Jr. Pro coach to lead a high school football program. Hunter Poteete & Abram Edwards are guys who 20 years later are going to be remembered as LEGENDS for the accomplishments they achieved on the gridiron to help revive an awful program in Smithville. It would be INSANE to expect DeKalb County to simply replace those guys this season. I think this is going to be a rebuilding year for the Tigers.

Livingston was bad from 2006-2008. You're right. I played on those teams. So please, try to leave that be. Just because we weren't that good doesn't mean that we didn't give it all we could in every game we played. We were outmanned and outplayed in about 20 of those 30 games. So crack the jokes, if it makes you feel better. (Might have heard of Fulton, East, Catholic though, just to name one or two.)

Smith would be at the top with Livingston a definite contender. Keep thinking that it will be easy to play them, especially up front. (That may be why they do finish at the top.) I would think that York would be up there, too. Cannon maybe as well as DeKalb. The bottom would BEE pretty easy to predict. Have a good Fourth.

I'm sure ya'll played your hogeye guts(or chitterlings) out!!!! :lol: And jokes are funny. See you just told one about Upperman right there above. :roflol: Maybe they won't take exception to it. :blush: