District 4 outlook

GoVols21

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakdale's scrimmage was a 3 way scrimmage against Claiborne County who went 8-3 last year in 4a and Pigeon Forge who is 3a. Oakdale dressed 16 players at the scrimmage, Pigeon Forge dressed about 60 players and Claiborne dressed about 70 players. against Claiborne and PF first string, Oakdale lost 28-0. Against both teams second string with some first teamers mixed in, Oakdale won 21-0. I know Oakdale isnt gonna win a lot of games, but they are much improved from last year.

Top players in the district? You have to be kidding. The England kid is an athlete, I'll give him that, but he's not top tier material. Don't know if he is even top 20 material in the district. There's no way your list is accurate to anyone but you. On another note, have you given any thought to my earlier offer to "make it interesting" on a couple of your games this year? Or are you all talk?

Are offense is going to be unstopable.

Like I have been saying, just let me know when & where.

Oletiger, your playing 1A football. Your offense is not going to be unstoppable. You talk a lot of smack for a crappy football team at best.

I could agree more, OLE tiger, sunbright is Single A ok . and I can remember when I was in school that coalfield used to smack the field with them, Wartburg played double AA too and Sunbright was scared to play. lol I also remember you went 10-0 one season and got smoked when they got in first round of play off against somebody with 4-6 record. HAHA

I could agree more, OLE tiger, sunbright is Single A ok . and I can remember when I was in school that coalfield used to smack the field with them, Wartburg played double AA too and Sunbright was scared to play. lol I also remember you went 10-0 one season and got smoked when they got in first round of play off against somebody with 4-6 record. HAHA

To be fair that 4-6 team would have won 8 or 9 games that year if their starting QB hadn't missed half the season with injuries. Plus the Sunbright team was told Wednesday night they were playing that team and not the one they had been practicing for.

Edited by suntiger

To be fair that 4-6 team would have won 8 or 9 games that year if their starting QB hadn't missed half the season with injuries. Plus the Sunbright team was told Wednesday night they were playing that team and not the one they had been practicing for.

Years later and sunbrights claim to fame is still a season that ended with a first round thumping, and still making excuses I might add. How sad . . . Pitiful really.

Years later and sunbrights claim to fame is still a season that ended with a first round thumping, and still making excuses I might add. How sad . . . Pitiful really.

No one is making excuses. Sunbright could have won that game but they didn't. And why wouldn't people from Sunbright still talk about that season. They were the first team in the county to go 10-0. And guess what, sometimes lower seeds actually win. Shocking, I know. I am sure every fan in the state still talks about the great seasons that their teams have had, whether it be a state championship or the first trip to the playoffs in school history. To put down these communities, these fans, these players is sad. Pitiful really.

No one is making excuses. Sunbright could have won that game but they didn't. And why wouldn't people from Sunbright still talk about that season. They were the first team in the county to go 10-0. And guess what, sometimes lower seeds actually win. Shocking, I know. I am sure every fan in the state still talks about the great seasons that their teams have had, whether it be a state championship or the first trip to the playoffs in school history. To put down these communities, these fans, these players is sad. Pitiful really.

Oh I see, using my own words there at the end, clever. Are you sure your from Sunbright? That mess you posted sounded like excuses to me. Look sunkitten, my comments were aimed toward ole kitten but if you wanna play Ricky Rescue and come to his aid in his time of dispair then I'm game. I think it is sad that kitten gets on here giving sunbright a bad rep by running his mouth about beating this one or that one. I have noticed the only way to shut him up is to call him out. He doesn't seem to willing to engage in a battle of wits (I think he knows he's bringing a knife to a gun fight). Fact is sunbright is not going to be great this year, probably not next or the one after that. History show they will traditionally be poor competition for a mid level A team with play off potential. Occasionally (2000) they will have an up year but hey every now and then a blind sow will find an acorn. Consistent performance is the true measure of a solid program not an occasional flash in the pan. When sunbright achieves that then they will have a program they can thump their chest about. I'm not talking about winning and losing and I know those boys sweat just like any other player for any other team. I'm talking about sweat with a purpose, not a bunch of jack legs running around playing for a highlight reel instead of a team objective. Unfortunately that has to start from the top, and that is where sunbright is truly deficient.

Edited by downanddistance