New CPA Coach

TheGreatLineJudge

I don't normally post these, but I found it noteworthy.

New CPA Coach

A quick check of the Nebraska player bio shows quite a coup in CPA's search for a new coach. You have all the conference honorifics and high school/club honorifics, but what REALLY got me:

Captained the U.S. Youth National Team to a fourth-place finish at the 2005 Under-18 World Championships - equaling the USA’s best finish in the tournament

Selected as the captain for the U.S. Junior National Team that won the 2006 NORCECA Women´s Junior Continental Championship in Monterrey, Mexico

WOW. And the 2006 NCAA Championship to boot.

What a great pickup for CPA, and a HUGE pickup for (hopefully) Nashville area club ball!!

And their last coach was certainly not bad either. Has AA Middle Tennessee tightened up? And will the School on OHB stir their District up? Region 5AA may have just now taken new meaning in the race to the gold ball.

CPA certainly has gotten a well-pedigreed new coach. However, things could be a bit more interesting in the district this year now that Coach Risley has returned to David Lipscomb. He doesn't have the resume' that the new CPA coach has, but he does have a state championship under his belt. The DL team will be young (1 senior), but at the same time will return 7 key players from last year's squad. Could be fun....

CPA certainly has gotten a well-pedigreed new coach. However, things could be a bit more interesting in the district this year now that Coach Risley has returned to David Lipscomb. He doesn't have the resume' that the new CPA coach has, but he does have a state championship under his belt. The DL team will be young (1 senior), but at the same time will return 7 key players from last year's squad. Could be fun....

Since I should know and do not, can you give us a profile on Coach Risley> It is possible that the region which has Lipscomb, Goodpasture and CPA eventually can be one of the best AA Regions overall in the State and thats saying something. Certainly the Coaching community around Nashville has gotten very strong in the past few years.

Edited by PHargis

Since I should know and do not, can you give us a profile on Coach Risley> It is possible that the region which has Lipscomb, Goodpasture and CPA eventually can be one of the best AA Regions overall in the State and thats saying something. Certainly the Coaching community around Nashville has gotten very strong in the past few years.

PHargis, I am shocked. I thought you were the volleyball version of Shooter, from Hoosiers, and knew everything there was to know about volleyball - especially in Mid TN! Seriously, I did.

Anyway, Kerry Risley coached in the Nashville area for many years (in several sports) and then came to David Lipscomb in the early 2000s. As head volleyball coach he quickly built a strong program that challenged the leader in our district (at the time) - DCA. In 2004 his squad beat DCA in the state finals to win the A/AA volleyball crown.

After that year he left to go into private business, but stayed in coaching in the club ranks. (I'm not sure if he coached with Impact or Select). Anyway, for the last 2 years he has volunteered with middle school and high school volleyball at DL. Coach Risley was named head coach near the end of the school year when our current coach resigned.

As I mentioned, our squad is young and there will be several adjustments with a new coach, but the girls on the team are excited and looking forward to the season.

PHargis, I am shocked. I thought you were the volleyball version of Shooter, from Hoosiers, and knew everything there was to know about volleyball - especially in Mid TN! Seriously, I did.

Anyway, Kerry Risley coached in the Nashville area for many years (in several sports) and then came to David Lipscomb in the early 2000s. As head volleyball coach he quickly built a strong program that challenged the leader in our district (at the time) - DCA. In 2004 his squad beat DCA in the state finals to win the A/AA volleyball crown.

After that year he left to go into private business, but stayed in coaching in the club ranks. (I'm not sure if he coached with Impact or Select). Anyway, for the last 2 years he has volunteered with middle school and high school volleyball at DL. Coach Risley was named head coach near the end of the school year when our current coach resigned.

As I mentioned, our squad is young and there will be several adjustments with a new coach, but the girls on the team are excited and looking forward to the season.

Nope, not really. Posting so that anyone wanting to contact coach before web site is completed can do so. Just a flunky.

What happened to CPA's coach from last season?

You might call CPA to see. I believe she had some other duties at CPA

in finance. A very good coach, Pat Perry and had an asst Courtney Keen. She certainly left the program in good shape.

Edited by PHargis

• 2 weeks later...

Well, PHargis, I hardly know anything anymore as my mental condition has declined like my physical conditon. I do the best I can with what little I had to start with. I have to write things down to remember them and I will always make mistakes so don't trust me anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Announcements