Boyd-Ezell score?

Dale

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by arhp52:

Yes I have seen them play when they beat Boyd. They are an excellent team but no way are they any where close to South Pitts 1999 team and they would have a very hard time scoring on South Pitts defense now. This years team at south Pitt is in no way the same as last years. I have admired Ezell for a year now for the fact that they came from 5-5 one year to the state title the next but all this talk about Collinwood USJ CPA being so much better Where are all the titles they have ? CPA has 1 Ezell has 1 USJ nothing Colinwood 0. If Ezell repeats I will be the first to congratulate them. But to say they can't be beat is not true. Riverdale found that out a couple of weeks ago.

1999? Who cares, that was three years ago! Listen, we (Ezell) has heard all this nonsense before. Last year come playoff time all we heard and read was that Ezell couldn't stop the smashmouth teams like Cascade, Moore County, etc. That we haven't seen the tough "three yards and a cloud of dust" teams. All of this is getting a little ridiculous. Here's the cold hard facts:

1. Unless you play the same type of offense that we do there is no way to prepare for it in one week. Your going to have to put about 28 points on the board to have a chance to beat us.

2. Run the ball 60 times a game and your going to lose! Just as Cascade and Jo Byrns. We'll let you get your 400 yards rushing between the 20's but when its time to play inside the red zone your not going to score.

3. Keep underestimating our team and tell us were not as good as last year. We love that stuff. Our kids thrive on it and jump at the chance to put a whoopin' on teams that don't respect what we've built.

The only way that Ezell will lose this year is if they beat themselves and the other team plays their best game. Our kids are winners! They have had their backs to the wall and know how to respond. I've never seen a group of young men and coaches who hate to lose more than these guys. So for all of you all reading this who hope that we will "drop the ball", we won't. We will be in the hunt come playoff time and our kids will be as hungry as ever.

Posted by arhp52:

This is my last comment concerning Ezell on this board. After making it to the 1/4 finals a couple of times and finally winning the big one 1 time they are suddenly the toughtest, smartest, fastest, meanest team in 1A football. They can do what no team has ever done before, are unbeatable, and will dominate 1A for decades to come. Hail Ezell!

They will this year.

I thought this game was going to be a lot closer at the beginning. In fact, after the blocked punt - Td, I was worried.

However, it became clear that Boyd's players just couldn't hang with us. Our team is playing well and the coach is just fantastic.

What happened with Kyle Todd at the beginning of the game right after the blocked punt? Something happened away from the play. I looked to the right and saw Kyle Todd trying to help the Boyd kid up who was down on the ground. Then the Boyd fans were booing and the Boyd coaches were hollering "That's cheap." Apparently Todd put a nasty hit on the Boyd kid (but I am not sure). I don't think K. Todd tried to hurt him. A few minutes later, Burney was getting into it with the Boyd sideline and refs. I was thinking, "Oh know, here we go." But after the timeout, the coach got everyone settled down. I was thinking that the boyd sideline may have been giving Burney a lot of grief for the K. Todd tackle/hit.

I am glad that our guys have passion about the game though.

Posted by wizard:

I thought this game was going to be a lot closer at the beginning. In fact, after the blocked punt - Td, I was worried.

However, it became clear that Boyd's players just couldn't hang with us. Our team is playing well and the coach is just fantastic.

What happened with Kyle Todd at the beginning of the game right after the blocked punt? Something happened away from the play. I looked to the right and saw Kyle Todd trying to help the Boyd kid up who was down on the ground. Then the Boyd fans were booing and the Boyd coaches were hollering "That's cheap." Apparently Todd put a nasty hit on the Boyd kid (but I am not sure). I don't think K. Todd tried to hurt him. A few minutes later, Burney was getting into it with the Boyd sideline and refs. I was thinking, "Oh know, here we go." But after the timeout, the coach got everyone settled down. I was thinking that the boyd sideline may have been giving Burney a lot of grief for the K. Todd tackle/hit.

I am glad that our guys have passion about the game though.

Well this is what i saw from my perspective. The kid was watching the punt be recoverd in the end zone he was just watching cause he was the returner. K. Todd proceded to lay him out while he was wathcing the play from over 40 yards away. He just smacked him in the mouth. It was not illegal but it was a viscious hit especially seeing that the guy was their quaterback.

Guest bucsfootball

this is to all the ezell fans and the players!

Ezell didnt do anything,boyd beat them selves by missing tackles and not picking off passes.

All the ezell fans and players have the big head.

Don't worry boyd will se yall again losers and by the way

the two best players on the team i wont say any manes but they are sorry!

Good attitude..looks like you guys deserved to lose..when you lose that big, the other team has to have done something..They are really good..or at least a lot better than you guys

Posted by bucsfootball:

this is to all the ezell fans and the players!

Ezell didnt do anything,boyd beat them selves by missing tackles and not picking off passes.

All the ezell fans and players have the big head.

Don't worry boyd will se yall again losers and by the way

the two best players on the team i wont say any manes but they are sorry!