District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No district games this week, Sweetwater will host Greenback, Polk will battle Chattanooga Christian, Walker Valley invades McMinn Central, Meigs travels to York institute and the Lenoir City travels down to Sequoyah. Who wins the games?

Greenback-34 Sweetwater-13 Polk-42 Chatt Christian-0 Walker Valley-35 Central-12 York-28 Meigs-8

Lenoir City-28 Sequoah-19

Ok Logcabin, your turn. Tell me why you think Sweetwater will come in last place? What inside information do you have? Or is it just an opinion?

I actually get a real good look at most of the players coming up to these teams, from their feeder programs. Except for Meigs. :thumb:

I conceed that I did base a lot of my thoughts on what I seen last year. I felt Meigs would be better, and I knew Seq. should be as well. Sweetwater, based on the season so far, is looking better. To be honest after Polk - I call this district a toss up.

Please take no disrespect to my comments, but it is somewhat hard to tell from feeder programs because not all the kids play when they get to high school. Matter of fact the top running back at Walker Valley played through the Central program.

I really feel that besides Polk any of the rest of these district teams could beat each other on any given night.

• 2 weeks later...

Good assessment dumdum, I still feel Seq and Central could go either way. Seq. always plays MCentral well. I do think your post is right on the money though.

After week 5 is say 1)Polk

2)Seq. (but Seq.is 4a in the playoff picture)

2)Meigs

3)Sweetwater

4)Mcminn Central

So Polk and Meigs go to the playoffs.Don't get all mad! is just my 2 cents worth.We will know more in a couple of weeks.If i am wrong it won't be the first or last time.lol

After week 5 is say 1)Polk

2)Seq. (but Seq.is 4a in the playoff picture)

2)Meigs

3)Sweetwater

4)Mcminn Central

So Polk and Meigs go to the playoffs.Don't get all mad! is just my 2 cents worth.We will know more in a couple of weeks.If i am wrong it won't be the first or last time.lol

This is going to fun to watch coming down the stretch, I know everyone is giving Polk first place, (this is were i do my Coach Corso) "Not So Fast My Friend", not saying they will lose, just that it is going to be fun to watch. I will say Polk goes to the playoffs, along with the winner of the week 10 matchup between Sweetwater and Sequoyah. They way I understand its only the top two teams go to the playoffs, no matter what division they are in. If third place is to get into the playoffs it must be by wild card. Yes or no?

This is going to fun to watch coming down the stretch, I know everyone is giving Polk first place, (this is were i do my Coach Corso) "Not So Fast My Friend", not saying they will lose, just that it is going to be fun to watch. I will say Polk goes to the playoffs, along with the winner of the week 10 matchup between Sweetwater and Sequoyah. They way I understand its only the top two teams go to the playoffs, no matter what division they are in. If third place is to get into the playoffs it must be by wild card. Yes or no?

Yes. And the fewer 4A teams finishing in the top two of each district, the more wild card spots open up. Say Red Bank (4A) and East Ridge (4A) (just examples) are first and second in 6-AA, Tyner and Howard would likely take wild cards instead of them being open for 5-5, 6-4 type teams around the state. Those type situations at least give a little more drama, previously you could sometimes figure out likely 1-4, 2-3 matchups in the first round halfway through the regular season.

Is this the same system as last year? Did TSSAA tweak the system ? What decides who gets the wild card game?

yes, tweaked a little. People we dont know. Not sure why we cant go back to the old system, yeah there were teams that shouldnt make the playoffs with 3 wins, but atleast you knew what to do to make the playoffs, now we just kinda wait and see, wild cards are based on what folks think, kinda out of the hand of teams...