District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

hey everyone the season is looming closer and closer i cant wiat ............ I think everyone agrees on polk county being 1st in the district but after that its a toss up how does everyone see that playing out with teams 2 through 5 in the district... I think central is having some magor problems from what i have been hearing this will be the worst team they have had in at least 10 years.... Meigs county could go either way just depends on how the new coach puts his system in that will be intersting to see.... Sweetwater is down in numbers and looks like they will struggle alot this year .....Sequoyah to me could be the team to finish 2nd with all the returning starters they have back and some kids coming out in the summer that look to be athletes will they prove they deserve to be the 2nd place team well see......... What do u guys think ?????????????/

Edited by gatorsfan18

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think so ? returning players, how they looked in spring ? Or are they your favorite team . Just curious.

Just cause those kids deserve something positive to happen for them. Go Chiefs!

BTW - they do have some good players returning and have got out some other players out that should help!

I haven't seen seq. this year, but i have seen meigs, tellico, and sweetwater during the 7 on 7 passing . It looks like meigs is catching on quickly to the new system and coaching staff. It looks like Tellico is going to have a long season. Sweetwater looked prettty solid. Just my 2 cents worth.

i have seen sweetwater in the spring and they looked liked they were strugglling horribly........... and a couple of sweetwater folks tell me they only have had 20 at most in the weight room ..... meigs county is a team to watch just wait and see on that one before i say anything on them

I haven't seen seq. this year, but i have seen meigs, tellico, and sweetwater during the 7 on 7 passing . It looks like meigs is catching on quickly to the new system and coaching staff. It looks like Tellico is going to have a long season. Sweetwater looked prettty solid. Just my 2 cents worth.

Allways, for Tellico having a long season, do you mean long as in more than simply 10 games, or long as in bad?

Long as in bad!

Hmmm...and you're basing that on how Tellico did at the 7 on 7? From what i saw, Tellico looked good. The only team Tellico didn't beat was Bradley. After talking to some of the coaches that play Tellico, they all seem to think that Tellico will be in the post season again this year. Some are even picking them to win their district. Is your prediction based on performance or emotion? after reading the paper Sunday, tellico has two pre-season All state performers in O'Dell and Sloan. The sports editor for the advocate said that Tellico only lost 2 starting linemen on offense and four starters on defense from last year. It looks more like their season will be long in the way being 11, 12, 13 games. As for Central, Unless Satterfield has finally got control of his team, it will be very hard for Sequoyah to knock them off, even after losing Rayl. Central never has a shortage in talent! I think it will be Polk 1st, Central 2nd, with Sweetwater, Sequoyah, and Meigs fighting it out for the bottom.

Tellico loses more than two starters on the offensive line. But with the way they rotate the linemen, several backups are at least somewhat experienced. Defense lost way more than four starters. They lost nearly all the front 7 (five starters if I'm adding it up correctly) and two in the secondary. That's what they need to be worried about more than anything. But I've learned over the years not to put too much stock in passing leagues to determine possible outcomes, especially when the teams in District 5-AA (plus Tellico) are run-heavy teams.

Tellico loses more than two starters on the offensive line. But with the way they rotate the linemen, several backups are at least somewhat experienced. Defense lost way more than four starters. They lost nearly all the front 7 (five starters if I'm adding it up correctly) and two in the secondary. That's what they need to be worried about more than anything. But I've learned over the years not to put too much stock in passing leagues to determine possible outcomes, especially when the teams in District 5-AA (plus Tellico) are run-heavy teams.

No, not strictly on the 7 on 7 , but the lost players, other district team changes. It was just my opinion as of today, three weeks from now it could be much different after everybody is in pads for a couple of weeks.

Polk should end up winning the district. Central did lose a lot of starters but I think they will still be up there around 2nd with Meigs. Seq. still has to prove to the rest of the district they can improve. Polk should make a deeper run in the playoffs this year with the talent they have coming back and the talent they have to replace the departed starters. Should be a fun year and great football its almost here.