District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

Tellico loses more than two starters on the offensive line. But with the way they rotate the linemen, several backups are at least somewhat experienced. Defense lost way more than four starters. They lost nearly all the front 7 (five starters if I'm adding it up correctly) and two in the secondary. That's what they need to be worried about more than anything. But I've learned over the years not to put too much stock in passing leagues to determine possible outcomes, especially when the teams in District 5-AA (plus Tellico) are run-heavy teams.

Sorry Monroe, but all Tellico lost on their Offensive line was TWO starters. I work with a dad and he said that 56 and 57 were the only two gone. He said both guards and the right tackle are back. I think Tellico's runningback and fullback will open up some wr's. That is, if the OC is smart enough to use them. The district this year is going to be VERY exciting. After Polk, the playing field pretty much comes down to who wants it more. Sequoyah definately has a chance to take #2. Satterfield is a genious, and if the parents stay out and let him coach, things will be interesting. Unless Sweetwater has something everyone doesn't know about, they could be last in the district. This is one of those years you live for in highschool football!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tellico lost Zeke Massingill, Taylor Burris, Casey McAlister, and Butch McMinn on the line. McMinn was a tight end, so you can count him however you want, but typically that's added to the line. That's more than two. As I posted earlier, the team rotated linemen so much that you could consider about eight guys as starters.

Sorry Monroe, but all Tellico lost on their Offensive line was TWO starters. I work with a dad and he said that 56 and 57 were the only two gone. He said both guards and the right tackle are back. I think Tellico's runningback and fullback will open up some wr's. That is, if the OC is smart enough to use them. The district this year is going to be VERY exciting. After Polk, the playing field pretty much comes down to who wants it more. Sequoyah definately has a chance to take #2. Satterfield is a genious, and if the parents stay out and let him coach, things will be interesting. Unless Sweetwater has something everyone doesn't know about, they could be last in the district. This is one of those years you live for in highschool football!

o yes highschool football is so close i cant wait to be up in the stands watching this play out... its going to be a great year of football in this district can sequoyah reach the playoffs for the first time in over ten years???? or will central sweetwater or meigs step up..... what a fun season we are going to have in store cant wait

Tellico lost Zeke Massingill, Taylor Burris, Casey McAlister, and Butch McMinn on the line. McMinn was a tight end, so you can count him however you want, but typically that's added to the line. That's more than two. As I posted earlier, the team rotated linemen so much that you could consider about eight guys as starters.

after watching the greenback sequoyah scrimage i will tell u i was impressed with the chiefs beating greenback 14 to 7 had two more chances to score also but the first thing i noticed is the team speed and intestity they played with they took it to greenback... The defense is deep this year rolling players in and out and not losing a beat.. The offense looked real goood to running and passing.. The chiefs will be very competive this year LOOKOUT

Edited by gatorsfan18

I've heard some very promising things coming out of Madisonville...Polk should be very tough as usual (my favorite to win the Region)...Haven't heard a lot from Sweetwater or Meigs...Watched Central the other night and they looked very, very young...If I had to call it now, I would say Polk first, followed by Sequoyah...the other 3 are a toss up due to how little I know about them...

I've heard some very promising things coming out of Madisonville...Polk should be very tough as usual (my favorite to win the Region)...Haven't heard a lot from Sweetwater or Meigs...Watched Central the other night and they looked very, very young...If I had to call it now, I would say Polk first, followed by Sequoyah...the other 3 are a toss up due to how little I know about them...

can u tell me how central looked against loudoun in the scrimage??? and Sequoyah is very deep this year with great team speed i went up and watched them beat harriman the other night the offense is rolling so far if they keep it up this team will be the suprise team of the district...

At this point with the limited info i have, here is my picks 1)Polk 2)Meigs 3)Sequoyah 4)Sweetwater 5)Mcminn Central

My good person you do have limited info. You are correct Polk will lead the pack, Meigs will probably still struggle with the future looking brighter, Sequoyah will be better than last year but not great, Sweetwater will struggle, and McMinn Central will be down but not out. My prediction is 1)Polk 2or 3)MC/Seq. 4) Meigs 5)Sweetwater. The district is weak compared to Region, but then again so is the whole state compared to the region.

this will be one of the weakest districts in all of AA football this year. First, before i read any posts on here i knew that there would be some sequoyah fans on here talking about how much talent they had coming back and how they would be poised to contend for championships in the coming years...... Always rebuilding eh chiefs fans???????? there are a couple thoughts id like to share. 1) the clock will run continually in the 4th quarter in every Polk game this year. they are that much better than the other teams. (and no i dont expect polk to contend for a state championship this year either). 2. passing leagues have no bearing on how good a team is going to be in the season.

My good person you do have limited info. You are correct Polk will lead the pack, Meigs will probably still struggle with the future looking brighter, Sequoyah will be better than last year but not great, Sweetwater will struggle, and McMinn Central will be down but not out. My prediction is 1)Polk 2or 3)MC/Seq. 4) Meigs 5)Sweetwater. The district is weak compared to Region, but then again so is the whole state compared to the region.

My info is limited, but what i do have is correct. To pick mc in front of meigs is far far from correct. mc couldnt beat their way out of a wet paper bag this year. Why would you pick Seq. in front of a team they lost to last year, doesn't seem right either. Oh well thats why they play the games-- on any given friday "anybody" can be beat!