Tragedy at Forrest High School

CoachT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The service for Chad was one of the most beautiful tributes I've ever seen. And thank you to the coaches and players from Marshall County, Cornersville, and most of all to Coach Price and the Moore County Raider football team. It meant so much to all of us from Chapel Hill for all those blue jersey's to come into that gym. Your support really meant a lot to his family. It is such a sad time, but knowing the care and concern of people all around us makes it a little easier to deal with. Thank you all again.

Please give our love & prayers to the family, friends and football team. It is a terrible loss to everyone in Forrest and to all the football teams in the state. We are the Page Patriots in Franklin and our football team sends all our prayers to each and everybody in Chapel Hill. I'm sure he will be thought of by everybody at our next game. May God bless you all!

Guest tmustangmom

I would like to express my sympathy to the family and friends of Chad. I know he will be missed by all those who loved him, but just look to God and he will get you through. I know from experience. I recently lost a loved one and my faith and prayers from many friends is what is getting me through. I admire the team for finishing the game after hearing such bad news, but from what I've read that is what he would have wanted you to do.

My sons play for the Loretto Mustangs, and on behalf of the team, coaches, parents, and friends all of you are in our prayers. :rolleyes:

High School football in the state of Tennessee is like a huge community. Each of us being an active member of a larger football family. We in Whitwell mourn the death of our fallen brother. We didn't know Chad personally, but know many kids like Chad. What a terrible loss!!! We pray that God will comfort his family, coaches, team, teachers, and friends. May God Bless each of you!!!!!!! :(

Guest LAfootball40

I will pray for Chad Franklin's family and friends and players. I also play football for Livingston Academy and we are all sorry for your loss. We will all pray for Chad and his loved ones.

Good Luck Forrest High School on Friday!

:D:D:(

Posted by hockeytown:

I am from Forrest and I was at the game when I heard the bad news. Chad is a junior and so am I and we have been great friends ever since he moved here.He was the best guy anyone could ever ask for.He never had anything rude to say and I don't think anyone in the whole school didn't like him. That is just the way he was.Last night at the when all of the student that attended school with him that day couldnt even leave the game we were so upset and crying, after everyone heard they were just so upset no one wanted to watch the game.It is so hard for us to let him go he was going to be a great leader and our student council prersident, and maybe even the U.S. President.It will be very hard for the junior class during homecoming, graduating, and even going off to school without that wonderful smile chad always gave you when he saw you. He will be GREATLY missed.GREATLY :)

I am a Junior at Forrest High, and I like hockeytown have been friends with Chad since the day he moved to Chapel Hill. I will never forget the Bama jacket he always wore. Chad was a wonderful person and friend. I have just now gotten the chance to put a message on here. Please keep the Franklin family in your prayers because I know this is going to be the hardest thing ever in my life and I can only imagine what his parents are going through. The Class of 2004 at Forrest has gotten much closer since last Friday and we all know that is what Chad would have wanted. He is greatly missed and will never be forgotten. It has been very difficult the past few days; it seems as though everyone is in a trance. The smile and glimmer is gone but not forgotten. Chad will forever be greatly missed. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
Our pregame will have a moment of silence for the Franklin family this fri night.  May God touch your lives and help heal the hurt.  You'll be in all our prayers at Soddy-Daisy.

150846[/snapback]

It has been two years since Chad died. I am a cheerleader, and our 85 patches {chad's football number that we wear on our uniform} had to be taken off. It was the hardest thing I have EVER had to do and I cry as I write this. But I am going to dry it up, because just thinking of Chad makes me smile