Cumberland co.

smhs06

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you all think of the program? Including where it was comparing it to where it is and hc russ partin?

This is just my .02, but as a lifelong Cumberland Countyian and athlete, there are few places that it would be more difficult to win. The current staff seems to be a an upgrade over the last group. The OL coach, Mac and Partin are all upgrades over the previous group. I think their best asset is they are all good teachers as well as x and o type of guys. I think the current staff is doing a nice job with the resources they have but they encounter a few roadblocks that have always killed CCHS football

Lack of Player development. We have one of the worst feeder systems ever. This is a time when kids should be learning solid fundamentals and be developing in an offense and defense similar to what they are going to be using in high school. All the elementary school system does is showcase which school has the most physically mature kids. This causes an extreme burden on this specific high school because resources are greatly limited. With that type of feeder system a huge emphesis needs to be placed on player development where the first two years of hs need to be based on fundamentals, learning, and athletic development, (S, S&C). However with only four or five coaches total on a staff this is simply impossible. IMO, I do not think this team will ever be consistantly successful without either an organized middle school team or a large (10-14) man staff.

So, yeah I think this coaching staff is doing a good job. Out of 10 games last year we were competetive in all but one or two and we very easily could have been a 6-4 or 7-3 team. Compared to before that is a vast improvement...

Edited by blueangel51

I agree wh the problems of not having a good middle school program but besides the usual problems they have I believe wh the head coaches mentality they won't truely be successful. He's a control freak who doesn't trust his own coaches. He's narrow minded and as I've said before stuck on Farragut. He's had one coach quit and wouldn't surprise me if more did and the result is he's brought in some inexperienced coaches who are much easier to control. This program is a joke. I feel bad for the kids in it working hard every day to succeed but won't.

I agree wh the problems of not having a good middle school program but besides the usual problems they have I believe wh the head coaches mentality they won't truely be successful. He's a control freak who doesn't trust his own coaches. He's narrow minded and as I've said before stuck on Farragut. He's had one coach quit and wouldn't surprise me if more did and the result is he's brought in some inexperienced coaches who are much easier to control. This program is a joke. I feel bad for the kids in it working hard every day to succeed but won't.

Sounds like you have an ax to grind. If all your harsh comments are true, it was still enough to beat SMHS last year. Reminded me of our old coach, behind in the game and still running the ball into the line until the time runs out. Wait a minute, was our old coach calling the plays on their sideline? Who was the coach that quit? We have had seniors that have returned to the team that have not played since freshman year because they didn't believe in the coaching staff. They have returned because of Coach Parton and his staff. I am not saying we will compete for state but we will compete in our district and we will beat SMHS for a second year in a row. If that makes our program a joke, look in the mirror. I don't feel sorry for the kids now. I felt sorry for them the previous three seasons before Coach Parton took over the team. What are your feelings about the SMHS program?

It really doesnt matter until the county builds 3 middle schools and another high school so the enrollment in 3 will be around 700 sports will always suck here

All of that is never going to happen. We don't fund education as it is right now. You have not been paying much attention lately. Our sports do not suck here. Our baseball team was competitive several seasons in a row. The basketball boys won the district and won a region game and they both girls and boys will compete again this coming season. We had several athletes on the track team that went to state. I hope every Jet fan doesn't have the kind of pride your name claims.

Edited by FLYHIGHJETS

All of that is never going to happen. We don't fund education as it is right now. You have not been paying much attention lately. Our sports do not suck here. Our baseball team was competitive several seasons in a row. The basketball boys won the district and won a region game and they both girls and boys will compete again this coming season. We had several athletes on the track team that went to state. I hope every Jet fan doesn't have the kind of pride your name claims.

I misquoted FLYHIGHJETS I wasnt meaning every sports I was talking about football my mistake hope you understand what I was saying. I agree we have a good basketball, baseball & softball programs I agree with you its never going happen but until they build a 3rd school and 3 middle schools football doesnt have a chance

No ax to grind just speaking the truth. And to be honest what an accomplishment, you beat a 3-8 stone team. If you have not realized cumberland co is one of the worst tteams in the state and were not far behind because most of our wins come from beating you. Any new coach will bring new and former players back out that is just the nature of the excitement of a new coach. Coach stiles is who I heard quit. Apparently he couldn't work with partin and from what I hear he isn't the only one. He will be gone soon because of his overbearing controlling attitude. Coach shultz was a much better coach jus had more difficult setbacks. His oc was horrible and had he had another year there was another one being hired.

Coach stiles is who I heard quit. Apparently he couldn't work with partin and from what I hear he isn't the only one. He will be gone soon because of his overbearing controlling attitude. Coach shultz was a much better coach jus had more difficult setbacks. His oc was horrible and had he had another year there was another one being hired.

Stiles did not leave because of partin, he left for health concerns. Also, as far as partin goes I think his controlling attitude is exactly what is needed from a head coach. If a head coach lets his assistants do what they want then it is no longer his program. A head coach coaches the assistants and should control them so that his plan can be implemented, if not then the head coach has no purpose in being there. When I played for coach shultz that was a problem that he encountered. I remember his first year him having an assistant that told me to my face that he didnt give a crap what coach shultz said, that he was my position coach and as long as he was the coach at that position what he said goes. I told him I would do what my head coach told me to do and if he had a problem with it take it up with the big man. That is what Partin's control eliminates. I commend Partin for being a good leader and a good head coach.

I really like coach shultz as a person and a coach. You are right he did face a lot of difficult challenges. He unfortunately failed to overcome his enourmous challenges. His coaching staff was small and always changing, alot of them didnt agree with him and were insubordinate IMHO and most of his coaches were not suited or experienced enough in county systems to be very effective. But he is not the coach here anymore so we should support partin until he no longer holds the head job here, which hopefully will not be for a long time.

No ax to grind just speaking the truth. And to be honest what an accomplishment, you beat a 3-8 stone team. If you have not realized cumberland co is one of the worst tteams in the state and were not far behind because most of our wins come from beating you. Any new coach will bring new and former players back out that is just the nature of the excitement of a new coach. Coach stiles is who I heard quit. Apparently he couldn't work with partin and from what I hear he isn't the only one. He will be gone soon because of his overbearing controlling attitude. Coach shultz was a much better coach jus had more difficult setbacks. His oc was horrible and had he had another year there was another one being hired.

It seems that you are not hearing reliable information. Health concerns were the issue with Coach Stiles. I have been told that he hopes to return next season if his health will allow. CCHS did lose the first three season against Stone and that was a direct result of the coaching staff. We were 1 - 29 under Shultz. I am sure you would love to have seen another season. Easy victory for you. He could have hired Norm Chow as the OC and we still couldn't score enough points to overcome our defense that gave up 50 a game. Coached by the man himself. My son played with blueangel and played a different position every week in a different offensive scheme. One week would lead the team in tackles and the next week would not play defense. White County game in 2007, losing by 14 with about 4 minutes to go in the 4th. Fourth and 1 on about the 20 yard line and we attempt a field goal. I know we have elementary teams in this county with more discipline than those teams had. When kids say that the practices at the high school are easier than elementary, that is a problem. It was not turning around in 100 seasons. I was thrilled when he moved to Stone and still am. I have been encouraged with the results so far with Partin and if that requires him to be some of the things you have stated about him, then keep it up. Maybe that loss last year signaled a crumbling of that elitist Stone attitude and starts a fear that it will become the norm rather than the exception.