5)Centennial 60 (12)

6)BGA 45 (11.3)

7)Page 5 (1)

WesVols Williamson County Poll (to be updated each week):

1)Brentwood Academy

4-1

LW: W Pope John Paul II 28-9

TW: @McCallie (4-1)

The Eagles played a JV game that counted as varsity against Pope John Paul II, and the JV looked impressive, leading 28-0 at halftime. Every backup saw action, the only ones who did not play were the starters (even P Bliss and K Vaughn barely played). This coming week, however, is a different story. McCallie may not be as fierce as last year but they are still the defending State Champs and will look to maintain elite status. BA is out for revenge and looks like the superior team.

Prediction: BA 24, McCallie 14

2)Franklin

6-0

LW: W @McGavock 42-21

TW: Centennial (4-1)

Franklin is rolling. They lead Williamson County in points scored (40.3/game) and margin of victory (27.2/game) and have played a couple quality opponents (Lincoln County W 7-6, Blackman W 31-0). Refegee is playing well, as are Cody Green, Zach Anderson, and the Rebel D (13.2 points allowed per game). They took care of McGavock as expected, but face a bigger test this week: Centennial. Dual QBs Alan Veach and Philip Bates alongside HB Tracy Beach lead a talented wishbone offense who has rolled up 26 points per game. Franklin, however, matches up well with their quick, tenacious defense. I believe the Rebels have the advantage, but this matchup has a history (albeit a short one) of close contests, and this should be no different. In the first half, that is. Then Franklin's depth and balance will take over. The Rebels will win the Battle of Franklin once more.

Prediction: Franklin 38, Centennial 16

3)Brentwood

4-1

LW: W Page 28-2

TW: @Giles County (2-3)

Brentwood has some issues to resolve. In a dry contest versus an inferior Page squad, the Bruins played a very sloppy, unmotivated game. Their potential was clear and their talent was evident, but they COULD NOT finish drives or make plays. They were up 9-2 at the half and their depth and pash rush allowed them to roll, but they were not impressive. They need to motivate themselves for this week's game versus Giles County, even though the Bobcats will not pose a challenge. They need to work out some kinks against Giles, because the following week they play Franklin.

Brentwood 48, Giles County 0

4)Centennial

4-1

LW: W @Father Ryan 34-20

TW: @Franklin (6-0)

See Franklin caption.

Franklin 38, Centennial 16

5)BGA

3-2

LW: L @Goodpasture 32-6

TW: ECS (4-2)

BGA was disappointing Saturday against the Cougars of Goodpasture. The Baylor loss apparently got into their heads, because they did not play like champions against the 2A defending champs. Hickerson and the Wildcat squad must rebound this week in a key region matchup against Evangelical Christian School, who defeated Bishop Byrne 35-14 last week. I like the Wildcats to pull it out, IF they can regain their confidence and play like they own D2-2A. I still believe they are the best team in their division, but this Friday will definitely be a strong indicator.

Prediction: BGA 31, ECS 20

6)Page

2-3

LW: L @Brentwood 28-2

TW: @Greenbrier (3-2)

Page's defense played valiantly against Brentwood, but their offense played horribly. I watched the 2nd half of the game (until 7:00 left) and Page had not gained 1 first down in the half. The problem with the Patriots was their ineffective offensive line. Steven Jones and the Bruin D-line suffocated the Page QB and allowed NOTHING. Page must work on its passing game if it wishes to execute against Greenbrier. The Bobcats are a formidable region foe, and this game has major playoff implications. Page must discover its offense and assert itself in order to take home the victory. I think they will. Playing 5A schools helps them become stronger and more resilient. We will see both of these qualities next Friday.

Page 20, Greenbrier 13

7)Fairview

4-2

LW: W @Nashville Christian 46-6

TW: @Richland (1-3)

-I said it last time and I'll say it this time: Fairview may be 7th in the County, but in many counties they would challenge for the top 1 to 3. Cothran led the Jackets to a 46-6 thrashing of Nashville Christian in Bellevue Friday night. The thrashings should continue when Fairview travels to Lynnville to play Richland (1-3). The land will be rich for the Yellow Jackets as they will move the ball up and down the field all night. Fairview will win in a richLANDSLIDE. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Fairview 41, Richland 7

I will update the results/stats/poll every week. Respond with any comments you wish. I'd love to learn more about each team.

[Edited by WesVols on 10-1-02 11:18A]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WesVols:

Any thoughts or predictions?

I guess I'd have to agree with you, although I might put Centennial ahead of BGA. But maybe you're waiting for the BGA-G'pasture game to make a decision like that. I have a feeling BGA may get blown away this afternoon, but hopefuly I'm wrong. I too think that Franklin will roll this week, but it will be an awesome game! They need to play a little better than they apparently did last night. Although I wasn't there and if FHSte84 or one of the Franklin player's on here would tell me how the game went, I'd appreciate it. I think you have the BA-McCallie game a little lopsided. I think it'll be close and come down to the kicking game, so BA wins.

Franklin seemed to be overconfident in the first half. The 2nd half was a totally different story as Coach Johnson and his staff made the necessary adjustments and the "D" came to life and stymied the good rushing attack that McGavock has. McGavock has a good O-line and backfield!

This was a good wake-up call for Franklin before heading into the heart of their district schedule. I believe you will see Franklin at their best this Friday night..if so, the balanced offense led by Reffegee will score many points and the D led by Green and Anderson will hold a strong Centennial rushing game to a pair of TD's.

Prediction: Franklin 35 Centennial 14

Guest cneagles

WesVols I used to think that you were some-what intelligent. I can see now that I was wrong. Page played a tough game but to say that the Offensive line was at fault is stupid. No they did not play well but Steve did nothing. They were blitzing every play and at times the line did not pick up the blitzs and twist and at times the backs did not pick up the blitz. Not just one position.

cneagles, I'm sorry to have apparently offended you by stating that the Page offensive line was at fault for the Patriots' offensive struggles. Yet from what I observed in the game (I attended the 2nd half and later watched the 1st half on TV), Page's QB and WRs could not develop much of a passing game because the DL and LBs of Brentwood were in the QB's face almost every play. He was hurried numerous times and sacked on a few occasions. The blame for this lies primarily on the Offensive Line, because it is their job to protect the QB and the RBs. If the Quarterback is sacked or hurried, they are to blame. Therefore, since the Quarterback was sacked and hurried, the Offensive Line is to blame for not blocking effectively enough. I'm not saying that Page's Offensive Linemen were untalented or didn't put forth much effort; in fact, I believe the contrary to be true -- they fought hard. However, Brentwood's defense was deeper and bigger, and this contributed to a tired, somewhat ineffective Offensive Line. That is why I made that statement, and I believe most people would agree.

BOBBY22, the reason Fairview is not ranked higher despite their stats is because of their strength of schedule. Being in a smaller division, they do not play teams with the caliber of a 5A or 4A team. Most of the schools in Williamson County, however, are a 5A team or at least play against them. Franklin, Centennial, and Brentwood are 5A, and BA played Brentwood. BGA played a couple 4A teams, and Page played Centennial and Brentwood. Fairview has not. I'm not saying they couldn't compete well -- I'm saying that there is no indication of how they would perform. Thus, I am almost forced to put them 7th until I discover some reason why they should be higher.

Still trying to help you out ole pal!!!The other county teams while being in larger classes have played teams under them just like Fairview has.The Jackets played their second game against Hickman County which is AAAA school and killed them.The only thing I am going by is that we are here on Coach T and his power rankings are somewhat different than yours...Our strenth rate is 47.33 Franklin is 45.00..and Cent. is 41.67...Our success rate is 1.14 and Page is 1.01 maybe you can also take in consideration that Fairview is in second in points scored....First in points against....second in Margin victory points.in the county..Seems that if this is all added up the Jackets should be somewhere in the top three......maybe you could just take a look and see....keep up the good work!!!! :x

Posted by BOBBY22:

Still trying to help you out ole pal!!!The other county teams while being in larger classes have played teams under them just like Fairview has.The Jackets played their second game against Hickman County which is AAAA school and killed them.The only thing I am going by is that we are here on Coach T and his power rankings are somewhat different than yours...Our strenth rate is 47.33 Franklin is 45.00..and Cent. is 41.67...Our success rate is 1.14 and Page is 1.01 maybe you can also take in consideration that Fairview is in second in points scored....First in points against....second in Margin victory points.in the county..Seems that if this is all added up the Jackets should be somewhere in the top three......maybe you could just take a look and see....keep up the good work!!!! :)

The strength rating is per division. It doesn't apply to intra-division matchups. Still, Fairview is playing well and i hope they continue to.