Loss of a member (NoDoubt)

I will miss No Doubt because he was a true fan.

I would like to recall one of my favorite threads when Greenbrier was headed to the 3a Championship game and they were playing a Memphis team in either the semis or quarters...I am not sure.

Anyway, when the captains came out for the coin toss, the "captain" for the Memphis team asked Herndon, who was Greenbrier's captain....why did you even bother to show up.....in classic Greenbrier fashion they put the smackdown on defense on those memphis boys and sent them home. They did not have much to say after the game. No Doubt was able to keep us as close to what was going on that season as any true Greenbrier fan could.

In true family fashion.....the Herndon that played let his actions speak for him. He was a class act and so was his father.

• Upvote 1

I will miss No Doubt because he was a true fan.

I would like to recall one of my favorite threads when Greenbrier was headed to the 3a Championship game and they were playing a Memphis team in either the semis or quarters...I am not sure.

Anyway, when the captains came out for the coin toss, the "captain" for the Memphis team asked Herndon, who was Greenbrier's captain....why did you even bother to show up.....in classic Greenbrier fashion they put the smackdown on defense on those memphis boys and sent them home. They did not have much to say after the game. No Doubt was able to keep us as close to what was going on that season as any true Greenbrier fan could.

In true family fashion.....the Herndon that played let his actions speak for him. He was a class act and so was his father.

Well said, Bulldog69. Both boys maintained that class, composure and courteousy even during the visitaton service. NoDoubt and his wife have raised them well and I know they will strive to continue to make their dad proud. (And I remember that game well! That was a great season.)

Thanks for posting this GBCat2.

Roger was a good friend of mine. One of the best! We met when my son first stepped on Greenbrier's Jr. Pro football field in the summer of 1995, I think. Although my son later transferred out of the school system, we remained good buddies...e-mailing almost daily as he always kept me in stitches. What a funny guy! He saw humor in almost everything and really lived a good life up until about 3 years ago when he contracted Chronic Menningitis. This family's world was turned upside down by this unfortunate disease. He went from being a physical speciman to a man that was fighting for his life...everyday. But, he remained positive and maintained the humor I loved so much, at least by e-mail (I visited him once after he got sick and cried all the way home). Roger, his son, and Kyle are two swell kids. And his wife is a sweetie, too. Just a wonderful family all around. Roger got/is getting his Master's from Vandy and I think Kyle will be graduating from there soon. In my opinion, Vandy really messed up by not accepting Roger out of high school. I know Coach Johnson and the football coaching staff REALLY wanted him. It was more complicated than it should have been, in my opinion, but what in tha world: Mr. Football, integrity, intelligence, hard-worker, great support and wonderful parental guidance! HOW could they NOT have admitted him?! And can you imagine the butts in the seats at Vandy home games from Greenbrier and surrounding areas? Lawwwd... Yet, it wasn't meant to be, for some unknown reason, although Roger (the Dad) knows why now...you can take that to the bank.

Anyway, I'm still sad about it. It's broke my heart! CoachHard took it pretty bad, too. But, God is SO good...and this family will seek and be sustained by His Perfect Grace. Roger lived by 'NoDoubts' and 'NoRegrets'! What a good way to approach life! Keep his family on y'alls prayer list, please.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for posting this GBCat2.

Roger was a good friend of mine. One of the best! We met when my son first stepped on Greenbrier's Jr. Pro football field in the summer of 1995, I think. Although my son later transferred out of the school system, we remained good buddies...e-mailing almost daily as he always kept me in stitches. What a funny guy! He saw humor in almost everything and really lived a good life up until about 3 years ago when he contracted Chronic Menningitis. This family's world was turned upside down by this unfortunate disease. He went from being a physical speciman to a man that was fighting for his life...everyday. But, he remained positive and maintained the humor I loved so much, at least by e-mail (I visited him once after he got sick and cried all the way home). Roger, his son, and Kyle are two swell kids. And his wife is a sweetie, too. Just a wonderful family all around. Roger got/is getting his Master's from Vandy and I think Kyle will be graduating from there soon. In my opinion, Vandy really messed up by not accepting Roger out of high school. I know Coach Johnson and the football coaching staff REALLY wanted him. It was more complicated than it should have been, in my opinion, but what in tha world: Mr. Football, integrity, intelligence, hard-worker, great support and wonderful parental guidance! HOW could they NOT have admitted him?! And can you imagine the butts in the seats at Vandy home games from Greenbrier and surrounding areas? Lawwwd... Yet, it wasn't meant to be, for some unknown reason, although Roger (the Dad) knows why now...you can take that to the bank.

Anyway, I'm still sad about it. It's broke my heart! CoachHard took it pretty bad, too. But, God is SO good...and this family will seek and be sustained by His Perfect Grace. Roger lived by 'NoDoubts' and 'NoRegrets'! What a good way to approach life! Keep his family on y'alls prayer list, please.

It is pretty neat to get on here and find this. It truly says a lot about the people that NoDoubt posted with and talked to here on CoachT.

I remember, almost 8 years ago to the day, when the snow came down on Greenbrier's feild at a semifinal game between Covington and Greenbrier. I'm sure that game is a memory to all that was there. Our thoughts and prayers are with ya'll from Covington.

Yes, remember the game well! I think it was about five degrees outside!