Region 4-1A

croz6110

Gordonsville has the most returning starters, but they had some key losses.

Trousdale lost key starters, but I think they return some key players in the line.

Friendship lost alot, but they still have Reeves and a transfer from Gville that started for the Tigers as a Freshman and Sophomore.

I honestly don't look for any of the other teams in the region to make much noise.

I think Jackson County and RBS will improve under their 2nd year coaches.

Monterey and Watertown will be down from last year, IMO, especially Watertown.

Clay Co. will probably be about the same as last year, and Pickett will be at the bottom.

So, with all that said, here's how I see, or hope, it turns out.

1. Gordonsville

2. Trousdale County

3. Friendship Christian

4. Monterey

5. Watertown

6. Jackson County

7. Clay Co.

8. RBS

9. Pickett County

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gordonsvile beats Smith county, they will easily move to #2. Possibly number one. :thumb: TC gets my number one nod for now just out of respect because of the last two years. Creasy is king until someone proves otherwise. :popcorneater:

TC

FCA

GHS

WHS

MHS

JCHS

CCHS

RBS

PCHS

I don't disagree with ya.

And, one thing that might trip up Gordonsville is their first four games are Westmoreland, Smith Co., Friendship Christian, and Trousdale in that order. It will be very easy to stumble in one or two of those games. After that, it should be gravy.

1. TC - Somebody has to prove they can knock us off (not saying it can't be done).

2. GHS - Nobody on G'ville's team was even born the last time they beat us.

3. FCS - 2-4 record against us since reclassification in '05, getting out scored 126-

73. Even in our down years ('06-'07), FCS only beat us by combined 9 points.

But I like your optimism Croz! Wouldn't mind putting a face with the name. According to your bday, we probably played against each other. I'll be at the SC/GHS game, more than likely. We'll have to get together and make fun of a few Owls. I think y'all my end one streak this year....just hope it ain't two!

1. TC - Somebody has to prove they can knock us off (not saying it can't be done).

2. GHS - Nobody on G'ville's team was even born the last time they beat us.

3. FCS - 2-4 record against us since reclassification in '05, getting out scored 126-

73. Even in our down years ('06-'07), FCS only beat us by combined 9 points.

But I like your optimism Croz! Wouldn't mind putting a face with the name. According to your bday, we probably played against each other. I'll be at the SC/GHS game, more than likely. We'll have to get together and make fun of a few Owls. I think y'all my end one streak this year....just hope it ain't two!

I don't think anyone will be surprised about the order of 1 through 3 as long as it's Gville, TC, and FC is those spots.

If you played in the late 90's, It is very possible we played against each other, but due to an injury, I didn't get to play in the TC game my junior year, so 98 would be the only time I was on the field against TC.

As far as the streaks go, if they both don't end this year, I wonder if they ever will.

I don't think anyone will be surprised about the order of 1 through 3 as long as it's Gville, TC, and FC is those spots.

If you played in the late 90's, It is very possible we played against each other, but due to an injury, I didn't get to play in the TC game my junior year, so 98 would be the only time I was on the field against TC.

As far as the streaks go, if they both don't end this year, I wonder if they ever will.

Agreed.

Well, I'm a year older. You may want to be thankful you didn't get to play in '97 (jk). Stacy Woodard told me he couldn't get out of bed until Sunday morning. But hey, here's one way to look at it...y'all scored more points on us that year than anyone else!

'97 = best TC team ever...hands down, case closed, no questions asked, indisputable!

Edited by SEVEN

Agreed.

Well, I'm a year older. You may want to be thankful you didn't get to play in '97 (jk). Stacy Woodard told me he couldn't get out of bed until Sunday morning. But hey, here's one way to look at it...y'all scored more points on us that year than anyone else!

'97 = best TC team ever...hands down, case closed, no questions asked, indisputable!

Hard to disagree with that. Statwise....no comparison. Talentwise....no comparison. Just think if T.T. could have been on that team as a starter. '98 was no slouch either. :thumb:

Agreed.

I was in AW :o on the sidelines...

Edited by Ole3putt

Agreed.

I actually think the 98 team was better, however, both 97 and 98 teams could be up there as some of the best 1A teams ever. And, Stacy was just telling you that to make you feel good. :popcorneater:

We also put up 28 on the 98 team.

Anyway, enough of the past. I really think Gville can pull it off this year. I look forward to watching them scrimmage Eagleville tomorrow.

Croz you are wrong. Those boys at Trousdale are real big and strong. They lost some good boys from last year, but they have some good ones to replace them. They have one big boy Marty Bottom. My book says he is 6'3 305lbs. I bet this boy can play in the SEC. I was looking back through my Murphy books and I can't find the last time Gordonsville beat Trousdale. Trousdale has a real good coach and those boys are real fast and strong. Let me ask you a question Croz? When did Gordonsville last beat Trousdale? I garuntee you it has been a long time ago. You think Im joking cause Im not.

Croz you are wrong. Those boys at Trousdale are real big and strong. They lost some good boys from last year, but they have some good ones to replace them. They have one big boy Marty Bottom. My book says he is 6'3 305lbs. I bet this boy can play in the SEC. I was looking back through my Murphy books and I can't find the last time Gordonsville beat Trousdale. Trousdale has a real good coach and those boys are real fast and strong. Let me ask you a question Croz? When did Gordonsville last beat Trousdale? I garuntee you it has been a long time ago. You think Im joking cause Im not.

Roy,

It was back in 88 or 89 the last time Gordonsville beat Trousdale, so it's been a while. We're due. Gville will beat em within the next few years. Will it be this year?

I think we have a good shot. We both have experienced lines, but we have a more experienced backfield with Smith and Woodmore.

We will have 4 or 5 sophomores play alot along with a few juniors.

But, the one's that will have to play, play above their age.

Anyway, Roy, what does that book say about Gordonsville, or have you got that far yet.

If you haven't, drink some more Red Bull and stay up late tonight reading.

Roy,

It was back in 88 or 89 the last time Gordonsville beat Trousdale, so it's been a while. We're due. Gville will beat em within the next few years. Will it be this year?

I think we have a good shot. We both have experienced lines, but we have a more experienced backfield with Smith and Woodmore.

We will have 4 or 5 sophomores play alot along with a few juniors.

But, the one's that will have to play, play above their age.

Anyway, Roy, what does that book say about Gordonsville, or have you got that far yet.

If you haven't, drink some more Red Bull and stay up late tonight reading.

My Murphy Fair books says that Gordonsville has some good boys. How fast does that Woodmore boy run the 50 yard dash in? I garuntee you he needs to be wearing some ankle weights so he will be real fast when the season starts. You think im joking cause im not. Gordonsville may be improved this year, but they got alot of ground to make up 30 points from last year. Trousdale has some big ole boys. I bet that Bottom boy will play in the SEC. You think Im joking cause Im not.