Jefferson County

helment

Hmmmmm, I believe we started last season 1-3....and more than a couple of Pat posters are CONSTANTLY questioning JC coaching. Hopefully the SC win will quiet some of the doubters...

Barb .I'm just gonna clue you in on a few facts about JC football..some of them you know.Like- 1 gold football and 2 silver ones.Those were GREAT seasons here in Old Dumplin Valley ! Alas they happened many years ago.Also amongst our fan base we have a percentage ,(50%?) that feel like we have to win sooo bad -that their behavoir leaves quite a bit to be desired.Alot don't cheer/yell mean things to the coaches/sit in the stands angry about everything/question every play call.I think you get the picture...WE also have a few "hate- triots"< best name I could come up with ! hA. This group takes it to another level.Their ANGER is SO ingrained that It's pathetic.This 1% of (FANS?) are what makes the headlines . They want everyone to suffer for their own failings (in life and in football).SO--- Yes ..WE have posters on our JC blog that call for all kinds of things and say all kinds of hurtful things. Although you couldn't know WHO they are.WE here in JC DO ! It;s about 3 to 5 people using about 10 screen names .In my youth I would wish bad things on them.But, now that I'm older- I can see Nothing I would wish on them would be as bad as what they already live with.They have already FAILED at health/wealth/sports/self respect and courage.May God have mercy on their sole. GO PATRIOTS

Barb, you are just like hemmeroids. Every time we think you are gone, you flare back up. GO AWAY and play little boy football.

I cannot express how proud of the JC program I am. Not because they won a game, but because they gave a JC effort

Gee smash, a girl could get used to all this sweet talkin'..

Barb .I'm just gonna clue you in on a few facts about JC football..some of them you know.Like- 1 gold football and 2 silver ones.Those were GREAT seasons here in Old Dumplin Valley ! Alas they happened many years ago.Also amongst our fan base we have a percentage ,(50%?) that feel like we have to win sooo bad -that their behavoir leaves quite a bit to be desired.Alot don't cheer/yell mean things to the coaches/sit in the stands angry about everything/question every play call.I think you get the picture...WE also have a few "hate- triots"< best name I could come up with ! hA. This group takes it to another level.Their ANGER is SO ingrained that It's pathetic.This 1% of (FANS?) are what makes the headlines . They want everyone to suffer for their own failings (in life and in football).SO--- Yes ..WE have posters on our JC blog that call for all kinds of things and say all kinds of hurtful things. Although you couldn't know WHO they are.WE here in JC DO ! It;s about 3 to 5 people using about 10 screen names .In my youth I would wish bad things on them.But, now that I'm older- I can see Nothing I would wish on them would be as bad as what they already live with.They have already FAILED at health/wealth/sports/self respect and courage.May God have mercy on their sole. GO PATRIOTS

May God have mercy on their sole.

Yes, may God protect the feet of the hatriots.

They do need the ability to walk up to their season ticketed seats. :roflol:

I pray for them as well. IF they would get off their hands and cheer for the team on 3rd down, the crowd noise in DV could be crazy. Sadly, they sit and just look angry. Oh well, with all that anger, they are already "dead" inside.

As for the game vs the Bears: WOW!! What a Team effort!!!! :thumb:

Way to hit and "wrap up" on tackles. Good blocking on the O-line helped get the running game back on track. Good job.

Were there mistakes made, yes. There are in any football game. Coaches know what they are and I would say they will fix them.

Great Win Patriots!!! Now, go back to work this week in practice and get ready for WB. Take it ONE game at a time and focus on the task at hand. Time to get that bad taste out of your mouth from that road loss to WB last year.

Go Patriot!!!! More Cowbell!!!!

Peace

oh dvp im just playing. I'm not really a stickler for spelling but I thought I could make a funny out of that one. "behavoir" seems like a nice french word though!

But seriously, I think that game last night might have woken those "hatriots" up from their constant babbling and slinging of jeers. While we always say that everyone needs to come together and support each other, the real cure is winning. Winning solves everything. At the same time, this just happens to be a vicious cycle of criticism which divides which leads to loss which leads to criticism and so on. I say the patriots can string together 5 or so wins here and make the playoffs and I will stick to my original 7-3 or 8-2 prediction. And with this might be the demise of the cushion-soled "hatriots" (at least until next year but thats too far away) :thumb:

Edited by Irish423

I do not think that it is productive to talk about who is a "hatriot" or who can't make it to their seats. As a patriot alumni and one who played on that field back in the day when patriot pride really meant something, I can tell you that nobody wants this program to be successful any more than the guys who played there and built the program into what it was in the 80's and part of the 90's. OHS needs to understand that the guys who are former patriots want only success for this program. Friday night was great. There was an incredible effort from players, and coaches made great adjustments for this game. With the players we have, we are a veer based team. We were never going to be a spread team. Goins and DK compliment each other well in the backfield. Each has a set of skills. 17 is a good passer, and runs well enough to keep defenses honest. Coach Anderson talked about finding their identity. They have found it. Now they need to perfect it. Build on each game, and get ready for bigger things down the road. Hats off to the defense. They shut down the run. Pass rush was good. I am not sure how good SC really was. They had not really played anybody yet, but I am sure they are a pretty good football team. Last week I asked the question about what adjustments would be made. Coaching staff nailed this one, players played hard, and there was a positive result. Build on what players and coaches have accomplished.

I do not think that it is productive to talk about who is a "hatriot" or who can't make it to their seats. As a patriot alumni and one who played on that field back in the day when patriot pride really meant something, I can tell you that nobody wants this program to be successful any more than the guys who played there and built the program into what it was in the 80's and part of the 90's. OHS needs to understand that the guys who are former patriots want only success for this program.

I must respectfully disagree. I understand there are many that want only success for this program. I am one of them. I also understand that there are those who want success for only THEIR family members who are now or were players in recent/current years and nothing but failure for ANYONE else. Even if that means FAILURE for the team/program.

What I saw Friday, when it was 3rd and short late in the 3rd Quarter, the coaches are running, they are yelling, waving their arms & wanting the fans to get up & make noise. I turned around (while ringing my cowbells and yelling for the team) to see over half of the season ticket holders in my section sitting on their hands, looking angry/PO'ed/upset/whatever you want to call it. They were doing anything, but making noise to encourage/help the defense stop SC. So, I would say there are SOME who are former players that want only success for the program, but there are those who do not.

Now, I am going to get this off my chest and this is not aimed at any one person, you know who you are:

I know I am not "from here" and my wife is not “from hereâ€, but we have lived in this county for 16 years (though we do not live on the “right†end of the county according to some people). I pay my taxes, vote in every election and I have followed JCHS since I was in middle school in the early 80's living in Oneida, TN. One of the reasons I located my family in this county after graduating from The University of Tennessee – Knoxville in 1994 was the hope that one day my son could be a Jefferson County Patriot Football player. He is, but I also know we are NOT accepted by the "old guard" of JCHS. I know that we are scoffed at/ridiculed/looked down on, ect... because we are NOT "from here", because I did not play football or other sports here, because I ring cowbells, ect... Even with ALL of that, I STILL Support the Team. I STILL help by donating my time to the program by spending many hours helping clean the field house before this and other seasons, by running the concession stand all day at Meet the Patriots. By letting other parents go see their kids be announced, while I worked the stand. In the 3 years I have run the concessions, I have never seen my son be announced as a Patriot and I never will as he is a Senior this year.

I give encouraging words to the players after the games, I tell them to stay positive, keep working hard, that it will all come together (which it did this week). Yet, you folks hate/scoffed at/ridicule/look down on me and my family, I see it, I hear it; I know it is taking place. BUT I STILL SUPPORT THE TEAM. If the folks who give lip service to supporting the team/program got off their tails and made some positive noise, maybe we would win a few more games. But sadly, they will still sit there and grumble under their breath how they would have called/ran something different, how the coaches are stupid, ect…. They will continue to buy tickets, come to ballgames and be miserable even if the team is doing well. They are just unhappy folks who need to find something else to do with their time and energy. I ring a cowbell to drown out the “hatersâ€. I also do it to support the team. If some people do not like it, to bad. I have more and more people asking me for bells to ring during the game. The tradition is growing and I LOVE IT & MORE COWBELL IS COMING!! I am getting more and bigger bells…LOLOL!! :roflol::roflol:

Peace Be With You

Edited by OHSgrad88

I must respectfully disagree. I understand there are many that want only success for this program. I am one of them. I also understand that there are those who want success for only THEIR family members who are now or were players in recent/current years and nothing but failure for ANYONE else. Even if that means FAILURE for the team/program.

What I saw Friday, when it was 3rd and short late in the 3rd Quarter, the coaches are running, they are yelling, waving their arms & wanting the fans to get up & make noise. I turned around (while ringing my cowbells and yelling for the team) to see over half of the season ticket holders in my section sitting on their hands, looking angry/PO'ed/upset/whatever you want to call it. They were doing anything, but making noise to encourage/help the defense stop SC. So, I would say there are SOME who are former players that want only success for the program, but there are those who do not.

Now, I am going to get this off my chest and this is not aimed at any one person, you know who you are:

I know I am not "from here" and my wife is not “from hereâ€, but we have lived in this county for 16 years (though we do not live on the “right†end of the county according to some people). I pay my taxes, vote in every election and I have followed JCHS since I was in middle school in the early 80's living in Oneida, TN. One of the reasons I located my family in this county after graduating from The University of Tennessee – Knoxville in 1994 was the hope that one day my son could be a Jefferson County Patriot Football player. He is, but I also know we are NOT accepted by the "old guard" of JCHS. I know that we are scoffed at/ridiculed/looked down on, ect... because we are NOT "from here", because I did not play football or other sports here, because I ring cowbells, ect... Even with ALL of that, I STILL Support the Team. I STILL help by donating my time to the program by spending many hours helping clean the field house before this and other seasons, by running the concession stand all day at Meet the Patriots. By letting other parents go see their kids be announced, while I worked the stand. In the 3 years I have run the concessions, I have never seen my son be announced as a Patriot and I never will as he is a Senior this year.

I give encouraging words to the players after the games, I tell them to stay positive, keep working hard, that it will all come together (which it did this week). Yet, you folks hate/scoffed at/ridicule/look down on me and my family, I see it, I hear it; I know it is taking place. BUT I STILL SUPPORT THE TEAM. If the folks who give lip service to supporting the team/program got off their tails and made some positive noise, maybe we would win a few more games. But sadly, they will still sit there and grumble under their breath how they would have called/ran something different, how the coaches are stupid, ect…. They will continue to buy tickets, come to ballgames and be miserable even if the team is doing well. They are just unhappy folks who need to find something else to do with their time and energy. I ring a cowbell to drown out the “hatersâ€. I also do it to support the team. If some people do not like it, to bad. I have more and more people asking me for bells to ring during the game. The tradition is growing and I LOVE IT & MORE COWBELL IS COMING!! I am getting more and bigger bells…LOLOL!! :roflol::roflol:

Peace Be With You

OHS, you make it sound like JC is the only program with this problem....heck, there's fans like that in nearly every stadium every Friday night across the country. We have more than our share of them in Greeneville. But I think I'd rather have them than 200 band parents that leave after the halftime without cheering for anyone but little Johnny the tuba player.