Jefferson County

helment

OHS, you make it sound like JC is the only program with this problem....heck, there's fans like that in nearly every stadium every Friday night across the country. We have more than our share of them in Greeneville. But I think I'd rather have them than 200 band parents that leave after the halftime without cheering for anyone but little Johnny the tuba player.

I must agree with you barb. I am sure it is an issue across the country.

I would even say you have people in Alcoa who act that way with 6 State titles in a row. It just angers me that they show so little respect to the current players who work their tails off to win games and play well. No one playing wants to loose. But they drone on about how ALL the former players want the program to be successful, when that is not true. I have even over heard some former players wishing ill on this team. It is rather sickening to witness. :(

Oh Yes, I know I will be "blasted" by many for my post last night. But it is the truth, and the truth will stand when the world is on fire.

Peace Be With You

OHS,

I am on your side. We want the same thing. I would just encourage you to not paint with such a broad brush. Everyone is not grumbling, complaining, and putting players down. I know many of the boys very well, and believe me I pull for all of them. Remember that many of the season ticket holders are in their 60's and 70's. Some are older. They are probably not going to make a lot of noise even if we were beating an NFL team. I am sure there are a few who can not move past their playing days, but most I talk to earnestly want the team to do well. Maybe you are closer to the program than I and know more, but I am just giving my perspective.

Go Patriots

OHS,

I am on your side. We want the same thing. I would just encourage you to not paint with such a broad brush. Everyone is not grumbling, complaining, and putting players down. I know many of the boys very well, and believe me I pull for all of them. Remember that many of the season ticket holders are in their 60's and 70's. Some are older. They are probably not going to make a lot of noise even if we were beating an NFL team. I am sure there are a few who can not move past their playing days, but most I talk to earnestly want the team to do well. Maybe you are closer to the program than I and know more, but I am just giving my perspective.

Go Patriots

I have read MOST of what OHSgrad88 has written.I have also read most of counteroption and BARB 's posts.In comparing all 4 of us,I would say that each of us takes a slightly different written approach and we probably each take a slightly different approach with how we interact with the team.I am sure that no one can accuse any of us of being a negative influence on OUR players.we are ALL supporters of HS football and The people that participate in it.It is a honor to watch this game on fri nights.I will continue to support the PATRIOTS,Igive respect to those we beat and to those that beat us.There are NO wimps on a FOOTBALL TEAM !! only heroes !! GO PATRIOTS !!

Congrats to the Patriots! I did not get to go to the game, but I listened to it on the radio. It sounded like you all really dominated us up front! The early tough schedule will definitely help you in the long run! It appears the questions the Smoky Bears had going into the season hit us in the face Friday Night! It sounded like an exciting game, I wish I was there even though we got beat! I wish JC the Best of Luck the rest of the year! We now have to regroup for DB!

Go Smoky Bears!

Barb .I'm just gonna clue you in on a few facts about JC football..some of them you know.Like- 1 gold football and 2 silver ones.Those were GREAT seasons here in Old Dumplin Valley ! Alas they happened many years ago.Also amongst our fan base we have a percentage ,(50%?) that feel like we have to win sooo bad -that their behavoir leaves quite a bit to be desired.Alot don't cheer/yell mean things to the coaches/sit in the stands angry about everything/question every play call.I think you get the picture...WE also have a few "hate- triots"< best name I could come up with ! hA. This group takes it to another level.Their ANGER is SO ingrained that It's pathetic.This 1% of (FANS?) are what makes the headlines . They want everyone to suffer for their own failings (in life and in football).SO--- Yes ..WE have posters on our JC blog that call for all kinds of things and say all kinds of hurtful things. Although you couldn't know WHO they are.WE here in JC DO ! It;s about 3 to 5 people using about 10 screen names .In my youth I would wish bad things on them.But, now that I'm older- I can see Nothing I would wish on them would be as bad as what they already live with.They have already FAILED at health/wealth/sports/self respect and courage.May God have mercy on their sole. GO PATRIOTS

I think that Barb and a lot of us understand what you are saying, these things are going on all over high school athletics..a small percentage of immature, adults that call themselves fans, that cause most of the problems and most of the negatives for a program. They are the ones that Emerson called "those gray timid souls that know neither victory nor defeat" When the going gets tough they won't be there! They'll be on high ground criticizing and saying "I told you so!"

I think that Barb and a lot of us understand what you are saying, these things are going on all over high school athletics..a small percentage of immature, adults that call themselves fans, that cause most of the problems and most of the negatives for a program. They are the ones that Emerson called "those gray timid souls that know neither victory nor defeat" When the going gets tough they won't be there! They'll be on high ground criticizing and saying "I told you so!"

Man you are right on with this post, GO GOVS

Great Post!!!

Now let's take care of business tonight and make it 2 in a row.

Go Patriots!!!!!!!!

Peace