HALLS @ CLINTON wk 0

92Dragon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Maryville came out fired up and took it to Clinton right off the bat. Clinton turned the ball over 2 out of their first 3 series. It was 4-0 Maryville before you could blink.

The younger kids played a couple of series and they worked on special teams for a while. The first teams came out again and Clinton looked alot better. Scoring 2 times on offense and 1 on defense.

If im not mistaken, after all was said and done, it ended up Maryville 8 Clinton 4.

Maryville's defense looked pretty good! Their defense was just swarming to the ball. They should have another great season and i wish them the best of luck.

Spencer Mclane & Camion Patrick didnt play due to injuries. Ambrose injured his knee while being tackled from behind. Not sure how long he will be out at this point.

Thats awesome but you have to put into account clinton didn't play camion, powell, or a couple other people.... so thats a pretty big hit... but we didnt get beat pretty bad, 6-3

I know for sure that Powell played. Camion and Spencer didnt play because of injuries. I dont know for sure who else was out, but Maryville scored at will against us. The only time we stopped them is when they threw an interception.

Where are the Halls people. Coaches defecting to the other side of the ridge. New coaches being hired. New Q.B. Lets hear it from the Halls folks. Have they lost interest in their football program. Maybe they are just keeping their potential to themselves?

I've wondered the same thing, but keeping silent is probably the best thing their fans can do. The last couple of seasons, with the lofty expectations Halls had, their threads were filled with a lot of talk, and I think that got the best of them.

With so much talent returning at AC, OR, and Powell, plus Clinton and an improved Central squad, I have a very difficult time seeing Halls making the playoffs again this year. This week 0 matchup is a huge measuring stick for both teams. I don't think Halls can afford to lose this game, considering how difficult the front half of their schedule is. Clinton, on the other hand, has a very tough stretch at the end of the season (plus DB in week 1), so this game is just as crucial.