BRAC Jamboree

budkilmer

I want to hear about some teams from the BRAC this year. Thought if I started a new thread it may spark some interest. Everyone in the world has heard about Greeneville. West Greene has been talking a little and have heard a pinch of what I want to know about Chuckey Doak. Still haven't heard anything much about South Greene and nothing about Claiborne, Cumberland Gap and Grainger. The Jamboree is Friday, what does everyone have this year?

Chuckey doak should be pretty good this year.. they have a shot a play off birth for sure.. they return most of the starters back.. they have improved alot this off season. they added a big addition idk much bout him i just know he is from out of state and is 305 very athletic. he won a 4a state championship wherever he is from.. he should help out the front line of the knights this season. cant wait to see what everyone eles has this year.. it looks to be unpredictable year 2nd to last lol since 1st place is already been taken..

I want to hear about some teams from the BRAC this year. Thought if I started a new thread it may spark some interest. Everyone in the world has heard about Greeneville. West Greene has been talking a little and have heard a pinch of what I want to know about Chuckey Doak. Still haven't heard anything much about South Greene and nothing about Claiborne, Cumberland Gap and Grainger. The Jamboree is Friday, what does everyone have this year?

Devils sweep halftime competitons and beat Grainger 28-0. South greene over cumberland 7-0. West greene over Claiborne 7-0. Chuckey doak over North greeene 14-0.

Devils sweep halftime competitons and beat Grainger 28-0. South greene over cumberland 7-0. West greene over Claiborne 7-0. Chuckey doak over North greeene 14-0.

Pretty good predictions. I can't wait til tonight. I'm as giddy as a little school girl who just met Justin Timberlake. The time is here! Just hope the heat doesn't play a major role on the rug tonight.

Is the time for the Jamboree at 5:30pm? (That is if the heat will let them start.....)

That is the time it is suppose to start. They already moved it back 30 minutes. However, last night, the heat index was over 100 well into the evening. I don't know all the rules but I'm under the impression if it is 105 or over, nothing can be done and if it is over 100, they can't wear pads. It's kind of hard to have a jamboree without pads. I'm not in charge, but maybe they could go ahead and do the cheerleading and speed, throwing and kicking competitions first so they could get the scrimmages in later. The boys don't need to be in pads for those competitions.

Devils looked pretty good tonight. The offense showed alot of explosion and speed. I think it was 4 plays for 2 tds, for the starters. The defense didnt look as good as expected again. The grizzles drove the ball alittle through the middle of the defense. Not wrapping up and getting to the ball like they usually do. If there supposed to be as good as everybodys is making them seem, they gotta get it together.

For all the other teams....South greene looked pretty good BUT, Cumberland Gap looked aweful. Definetly the worst looking team tonight. Grainger didnt look that bad on offense, drove the ball some on the devils. West greene looked alright (not as good as people are making them seem) but not bad. Claiborne may be the #2 team again this year. The QB won the fastest back and looked pretty athletic. Alot of size all around on claiborne. Chuckey doak looked good, but thats hard to judge going against north greene. I seen some pretty speedy back on the knights and the QB didnt look bad. The big center looked pretty good but again hard to judge against north greene.

I heard willy c chunked it almost 60 yds for greeneville. Sorry I missed it but I don't handle the heat well. I need an update Bud.

Falcon did a pretty good job barb. Carmichael did chuck 59 to win the longest throw, but GHS did not nearly sweep the competitions. Claiborne won a few and CD even won one i believe.

As far as the teams,

1st Quarter- Cumberland Gap looked completely terrible. They couldn't move the ball, they couldn't tackle. It was kind of pitiful. South Greene put up 21 quick points on them. That kind of makes me think South Greene may e a bit better thatn expected but it was kind of hard to tell. Shuffler is going to be their stud duck and Haney will be pretty good too. They really didn't show much else. I'm still not sold on their line, like I said Cumberland Gap was awful.

2nd Quarter- Obviously Greeneville is going to be the team to beat, however, their Defense did have some holes in it. When Rollins returns I'm sure it will help. No one will stop GHS's offense in the conference. Grainger is much improved. Their O Line is thier strength. Moved the ball pretty well on the Devils Defense. They also had a strong saftey that would come lay the wood on you. He was exciting to watch. I did gain a lot of respect for Coach Ballard. He could have a put another score on the board but elected to run the time out on the one yard line to keep it 14 -0.

3rd Quarter- West Greene started out sloppy and what looked liked uninspired. They were walking around not hustling. They started to pick it up at then end but it was too late as Claiborne won 7-0. The Bulldogs look like they replaced what they lost and might be pretty good. Looks like they could fly under the radar again and finish second.

4th quarter- I didn't stay for all of this one but Chuckey Doak dominated North Greene. The Black Knight offense is much improved. Juluis ran it well as did a few other backs. Collins even threw the ball well at times. Their new stud up front can play. He is a good addition to the Knights that will help them tremendously.

Based on last night, and last night alone this is how I would rank the conference:

1. Greeneville

2. Claiborne

3. Grainger

4. Chuckey Doak

5. South Greene

6. West Greene

7. Cumberland Gap

Falcon did a pretty good job barb. Carmichael did chuck 59 to win the longest throw, but GHS did not nearly sweep the competitions. Claiborne won a few and CD even won one i believe.

As far as the teams,

1st Quarter- Cumberland Gap looked completely terrible. They couldn't move the ball, they couldn't tackle. It was kind of pitiful. South Greene put up 21 quick points on them. That kind of makes me think South Greene may e a bit better thatn expected but it was kind of hard to tell. Shuffler is going to be their stud duck and Haney will be pretty good too. They really didn't show much else. I'm still not sold on their line, like I said Cumberland Gap was awful.

2nd Quarter- Obviously Greeneville is going to be the team to beat, however, their Defense did have some holes in it. When Rollins returns I'm sure it will help. No one will stop GHS's offense in the conference. Grainger is much improved. Their O Line is thier strength. Moved the ball pretty well on the Devils Defense. They also had a strong saftey that would come lay the wood on you. He was exciting to watch. I did gain a lot of respect for Coach Ballard. He could have a put another score on the board but elected to run the time out on the one yard line to keep it 14 -0.

3rd Quarter- West Greene started out sloppy and what looked liked uninspired. They were walking around not hustling. They started to pick it up at then end but it was too late as Claiborne won 7-0. The Bulldogs look like they replaced what they lost and might be pretty good. Looks like they could fly under the radar again and finish second.

4th quarter- I didn't stay for all of this one but Chuckey Doak dominated North Greene. The Black Knight offense is much improved. Juluis ran it well as did a few other backs. Collins even threw the ball well at times. Their new stud up front can play. He is a good addition to the Knights that will help them tremendously.

Based on last night, and last night alone this is how I would rank the conference:

1. Greeneville

2. Claiborne

3. Grainger

4. Chuckey Doak

5. South Greene

6. West Greene

7. Cumberland Gap

Bud I think you hit it on the head with those summarizations. Especially with the West Greene game. That entire quarter was just sloppy football. The Buffaloes looked like they wanted to be in a million different places then where they where last night. I was impressed with Chuckey Doak, grant it they were playing North Greene, but the offense moved the ball well. Looked like they have developed a decent passing game that could help Juice enough to surprise some teams this year definitely. Greeneville was top of the class without a doubt. I have a question though, when Grainger moved the ball on them, was that some of their second string defense, or all of the starters? Seemed to me like there may have been some subs in. Shuffler will be alot better quarterback than what some people are expecting I believe, but lets face it, the kid is an athlete. He will get his yards one way or another.

Im seeing the conference as follows:

1. Greeneville

2. Claiborne

3. Grainger

4. West Greene

5. South Greene

6. Chuckey Doak

7. Cumberland Gap