South Pittsburg Pirates Any Concerns Now?

SPPirate1

Ok with my crazy work schedule I have not been able to see SP yet. I was not able to make it to the jamboree last night either. I read in the paper where Travis threw 2 td passes in a qt. I know that there were some concerns at qb for SP. So I was wondering what is your take on the QB concerns and if there are any other positions that look like SP could use some help in?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question...SP will be perfectly fine...Qb's are looking good and defense is fast as lightning...limited playcalling so far so everyone has to keep that in mind...Also last night every time we had the ball we scored a touchdown..and one thing I forgot to mention good job to Colton for drilling extra points! SP will be a good team this year...just have to work hard like always :thumb:

Blocking on the O line was poor at times. Low snaps. Way too many breakdowns on defense from DBs and LBs. 2 weeks and a scrimmage on Tues against Cornersville should give us time to work on these before Grundy comes to town

Uncle Dave agrees with you. Travis played exceptionally well even though the line did not give him great protection last night. All in all, if this team works hard all year, they should be one tough opponent in the playoffs. Many playmakers and some new faces. Once the new wears off, this bunch will shine.

Uncle Dave agrees with you. Travis played exceptionally well even though the line did not give him great protection last night. All in all, if this team works hard all year, they should be one tough opponent in the playoffs. Many playmakers and some new faces. Once the new wears off, this bunch will shine.

He even surprised me a little with his maturity and confidence. Travis and Antonio have worked together this summer and it showed. They make a good combo

To answer your question...SP will be perfectly fine...Qb's are looking good and defense is fast as lightning...limited playcalling so far so everyone has to keep that in mind...Also last night every time we had the ball we scored a touchdown..and one thing I forgot to mention good job to Colton for drilling extra points! SP will be a good team this year...just have to work hard like always :thumb:

I'm pretty sure SP fumbled once against Whitwell.

I was one of those who was unsure about the QB position. I will say that Travis played exceptionally well last night. I was most impressed with his footwork. The INT at the end was a desperation throw that wasn't necessary, but he will learn from that. I think what everyone should have in their mind at this point is we DO have two QB's that can play. My concern is on defense. I love the blitzing defense, it works great at times, but not all times. We must keep our LB's back against a passing team. Our safeties are not experienced enough to try and watch the whole field.

Coach Grider needs to take care of some other concerns immediately, not half way through the season. IMO.

Pirate Mike, Grider has to blitz those linebackers so they can try to tackle the passer and those runners. If those boys just sit back their those lineman are going to knock a hole and they will run right through it. You think im stupid cause im not. My book says we have some really good linebackers and Grider makes them rush through the line so they can sack the passer. You think im joking cause im not. I will show you in my book Pirate Mike at the first game if you want me to.