South Pittsburg Pirates Any Concerns Now?

SPPirate1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirate Mike, Grider has to blitz those linebackers so they can try to tackle the passer and those runners. If those boys just sit back their those lineman are going to knock a hole and they will run right through it. You think im stupid cause im not. My book says we have some really good linebackers and Grider makes them rush through the line so they can sack the passer. You think im joking cause im not. I will show you in my book Pirate Mike at the first game if you want me to.

I didn't want to post this but I guess I will. Roy, you are correct that is the purpose, but as Bledsoe demonstrated, when you blitz the linebackers every play, a middle screen is WIDE open. Also, and quick toss to the tight end, or pass to the RB out of the back field into the middle. If the purpose is to tackle the passer, then what happens when you face a very good QB that knows to take just an extra step back instead of 3 or 4, it now becomes 5 or 6 and that QB hits a receiver wide open in the middle of the field? I know you will have an answer for everything I throw at you, but sometimes, those blitzing risks are not worth taking. Just wait till Signal Mountain comes to town. Sequatchie threw on us in the scrimmage, Bledsoe in the Jamboree, Bradley Central, even East Ridge a little. If you are gonna Blitz all the linebackers, you can't ask 1 safety to cover multiple receivers.

Pirate Mike, Grider has to blitz those linebackers so they can try to tackle the passer and those runners. If those boys just sit back their those lineman are going to knock a hole and they will run right through it. You think im stupid cause im not. My book says we have some really good linebackers and Grider makes them rush through the line so they can sack the passer. You think im joking cause im not. I will show you in my book Pirate Mike at the first game if you want me to.

Roy you are the man. :thumb:

I think the hardest thing to stop in football is the forward pass. I didn't see every scrimmage, but I did see the Sequatchie-Dunlap scrimmage. I believe they only completed two passes that night. I think SP will be just fine if we give them a chance. SP was once again The Ambassador in the preview we saw at the jamboree. It's exciting that pirate football is in the air again.

Pirate Mike, I was reading in my book this morning and it did not list Pirate Mike as a coach. You think im stupid but im not. Grider was not blitzing every linebacker. My book says we have some real good fast linebackers and if they blitz, they can try and sack the passer or hit the runner in the backfield. If they just set there, the lineman might knock a bigger hole and the runner will have a wide open hole to run through. I was noticing Grider had some of our boys on offense doing some side body blocks. Those blocks if done correctly will knock a big hole in the line so that our runners can run through. You think im joking cause im not.

Pirate Mike, I was reading in my book this morning and it did not list Pirate Mike as a coach. You think im stupid but im not. Grider was not blitzing every linebacker. My book says we have some real good fast linebackers and if they blitz, they can try and sack the passer or hit the runner in the backfield. If they just set there, the lineman might knock a bigger hole and the runner will have a wide open hole to run through. I was noticing Grider had some of our boys on offense doing some side body blocks. Those blocks if done correctly will knock a big hole in the line so that our runners can run through. You think im joking cause im not.

I love your comments Roy, but last I check Murphy Fair's book it didn't list your name as a contributor to the writing. I have confidence that SP will be just fine. I just think the SM game will be a high scoring game.

So far what I am hearing is that the O is falling into place, but some D needs a little work. I have heard that Travis and Antonio have spent alot of time together. I heard they are real good friends and hang out alot so you know that sometimes they have to go out in the back yard and work on some passes. So I did have a little doubt about Travis, because he comes of as a little bit of a show-off. I wish him the best this season, and I really hope he can get it together along with the O Line. The one I cant wait to see is Lankford I am hearing real good things about this FRESH"MAN" I saw him play in middle school and he stood out. He seems like he has alot of talent, and I can not wait to see how he displays his talents this season. So this Pirate might have to call in sick "cough cough" :wacko: during the Signal game, because from all the talk I have heard from Signal fans I want to see SP give them a good ol' whoopin! Cause I know after falling short last season these kids are gonna be hungry :hungry: to bring the State Title back to SP where it belongs!

So far what I am hearing is that the O is falling into place, but some D needs a little work. I have heard that Travis and Antonio have spent alot of time together. I heard they are real good friends and hang out alot so you know that sometimes they have to go out in the back yard and work on some passes. So I did have a little doubt about Travis, because he comes of as a little bit of a show-off. I wish him the best this season, and I really hope he can get it together along with the O Line. The one I cant wait to see is Lankford I am hearing real good things about this FRESH"MAN" I saw him play in middle school and he stood out. He seems like he has alot of talent, and I can not wait to see how he displays his talents this season. So this Pirate might have to call in sick "cough cough" :wacko: during the Signal game, because from all the talk I have heard from Signal fans I want to see SP give them a good ol' whoopin! Cause I know after falling short last season these kids are gonna be hungry :hungry: to bring the State Title back to SP where it belongs!

Our kids fell short last year as well and are just as hungry for a State Title as any team out there. I hope we win against SP but that you win the state in your division. Wouldn't it be nice to have the 1A & 2A titles come from the same district.

I identified several young lads on Friday night that could achieve legend status this season. #11 on offense seemed to be a very talented young lad. He made a couple of outstanding runs during the early quarter. #76 was a young lad that stood out on defense. This young lad chased that big young lad from Whitwell out of the pocket several times. #15 was another young lad that stood out. This young lad made several young lads on the other teams look silly trying to tackle him. South Pittsburg's Living Legend coach that walks the sidelines also has a chance to improve his legend status this season. There were some other young lads offensively that stood out for SP, but I can't recall the jersey numbers.

I identified several young lads on Friday night that could achieve legend status this season. #11 on offense seemed to be a very talented young lad. He made a couple of outstanding runs during the early quarter. #76 was a young lad that stood out on defense. This young lad chased that big young lad from Whitwell out of the pocket several times. #15 was another young lad that stood out. This young lad made several young lads on the other teams look silly trying to tackle him. South Pittsburg's Living Legend coach that walks the sidelines also has a chance to improve his legend status this season. There were some other young lads offensively that stood out for SP, but I can't recall the jersey numbers.

I would like to get you and my buddy Murphy Fair together. I garuntee you that Murphy knows more about football than you legend. You seem to be the only person that thinks your a legend. You think im joking cause im not.