Oakdale v. CAK

shermdogg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawn, great punt last night in a crucial situation. I went and watched CAK yesterday before coming to watch your big win over Lookout Valley. CAK is a dangerous team, just ask Midway, who was tied with the Warriors 14-14 in the second half before pulling out a 35-21 victory. CAK has three running backs that run hard (#9, #41 and #32), a good quarterback that likes to roll out and pass to #34 and their tight end #85. I think if you all go up there in the right frame of mind, and control the line of scrimmage then you all should pull out another win. Your punting will be a key too, because CAK has a good returner in #9 and they also have a good kicker (#4) and solid punter (#32). Good luck, and yes I will be picking the Eagles. The one thing that is scary is that CAK is still searching for their first win since going to the varsity ranks last season, and they will have a lot of fans for their first-ever FRiday night home game on their new field. By the way, what's up with hollering at me to look at the scoreboard? Talk to you later.

Posted by kingbrian3:

Shawn, great punt last night in a crucial situation. I went and watched CAK yesterday before coming to watch your big win over Lookout Valley. CAK is a dangerous team, just ask Midway, who was tied with the Warriors 14-14 in the second half before pulling out a 35-21 victory. CAK has three running backs that run hard (#9, #41 and #32), a good quarterback that likes to roll out and pass to #34 and their tight end #85. I think if you all go up there in the right frame of mind, and control the line of scrimmage then you all should pull out another win. Your punting will be a key too, because CAK has a good returner in #9 and they also have a good kicker (#4) and solid punter (#32). Good luck, and yes I will be picking the Eagles. The one thing that is scary is that CAK is still searching for their first win since going to the varsity ranks last season, and they will have a lot of fans for their first-ever FRiday night home game on their new field. By the way, what's up with hollering at me to look at the scoreboard? Talk to you later.

because you picked lookout valley to beat us. nothing personal though. thanks for the post. talk to ya later

Guest sharpshooter12ohs

Kingbrian, did CAK pass the ball much against midway or are they mostly a running team? Im hoping for some balls to go up in the air, it makes things more interesting!

o.k., here it is, the day before the cak-oakdale game. after a week of practice both teams are ready for each other. the difference: one team wants it more. i don't know about cak, but oakdale is pumped up and ready for this game. both teams have seen tape of last week and oakdale cak didn't really impress us. however, we have to be ready for different offensive sets and for their passing offense. oakdale has the size advantage (not in numbers), but we all know that size doesn't win a ballgame. anything can happen. good luck to both teams.

Shawn, just thought I would let you pass along the word, that I overheard some of the CAK fans and players talking after their game Saturday that they will beat Oakdale or their first win. Good luck tomorrow night, but I think if you all play hard, then the Eagles will go to 3-3 and 2-1 in the region. And, don't forget, a few more punts like the 52-yarder against Lookout Valley and you can wrap up all-county honors.